User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you want codified RP standards?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, written by staff

19 36.54%
  • Yes, written by the community

27 51.92%
  • No

6 11.54%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Defining LRP/MRP/HRP

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    "This is what everyone else wants" which has proven to be divisively false in almost every situation.
    You just disproved your own point, at least the community plays the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they should just let me set the RP standards :blush:

But honestly I don't mind having to RP more. Because my concept of RP isn't pretending to be generic military hardass #2673, I think RP is just detaching from yourself and playing the role of a character with distinct motives, wants, desires, fears, "quirks" and a distinct personality from yourself. The problem is that when some people say they want higher RP, they want everyone to be speaking in huge /me paragraphs, all pretending to be the same stereotypes of marine, with no room for creative characters.

I'm not one of these particularly creative people, my characters are all pretty simple albeit with their own personalities, but I don't want to be forced to play the same guy among a sea of other people doing the exact same thing.

tl;dr I'd love higher RP if RP meant to the staff what it means to me.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    You just disproved your own point, at least the community plays the game.
    Just to explain the difference between Staff and Community pushing changes.

Staff roll-out updates, content or rules based upon what they believe is best for CM.

Community push, request, demand or threaten under the guise of "This is what everyone wants!!!".

The fundamental difference here is that more often than not, changes are made by staff with a comprehensive thought process of "This will be for the game" and entails a lot of background thought and planning. Where as the community often defaults to the same old argument of "This is what everyone wants" and as I stated.. this is often selfish bullshit and is primarily what the individual wants.
    Last edited by Fewher; 05-06-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Just to explain the difference between Staff and Community pushing changes.

Staff roll-out updates, content or rules based upon what they believe is best for CM.

Community push, request, demand or threaten under the guise of "This is what everyone wants!!!".

The fundamental difference here is that more often than not, changes are made by staff with a comprehensive thought process of "This will be for the game" and entails a lot of background thought and planning. Where as the community often defaults to the same old argument of "This is what everyone wants" and as I state.. this is often selfish bullshit and is primarily what the individual wants.
    Amazing, a small select group of individuals push what they believe is best for the community versus the community pushing what they believe is best for themselves, and magically what the select group of individuals want isn't their own individual wants.

11/10 logic right there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 rp threads in May so far. Nice.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing, a small select group of individuals push what they believe is best for the community versus the community pushing what they believe is best for themselves, and magically what the select group of individuals want isn't their own individual wants.

11/10 logic right there.
    I don't think you understand.

The vocal minority (individuals) do not represent the community and never have.
    The majority (well over 70%) of players don't partake on the forums or discord and generally aren't represented.

So to say that the community should be making decisions would be neglecting entire portions of the actual community (ei; Role-players and Casuals who are very inactive outside of the game)
    Most often, the vocal minority all know each-other, play-together and share similar viewpoints and beliefs which heavily pushes their own agendas.

Anyways, we're off topic now so this will be the last I say on the dynamics of the community.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if we cant have 0RP, or LRP, or HRP, and MRP is dead. Then its time.... TIME FOR ERP.

Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is the integrated management of main business processes, often in real time and mediated by software and technology.

ERP is usually referred to as a category of business management software—typically a suite of integrated applications—that an organization can use to collect, store, manage, and interpret data from many business activities.

ERP provides an integrated and continuously updated view of core business processes using common databases maintained by a database management system. ERP systems track business resources—cash, raw materials, production capacity—and the status of business commitments: orders, purchase orders, and payroll. The applications that make up the system share data across various departments (manufacturing, purchasing, sales, accounting, etc.) that provide the data.[1] ERP facilitates information flow between all business functions and manages connections to outside stakeholders.

I'll see myself out.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11/10 logic right there.
    Except one side thinks about it and puts more thought into it. Devs at least try and support their changes by collecting statistics and having town halls. Imagine if staff cow-toed to every single demand by a group of like 10ish people. Warrior grab and lurker pounce would've been removed ages ago. Shotgun bucks would crit marines on the first PB. Attachments would be free and MPs would be removed so admins can ban you for throwing eggs at the CO.

These decisions don't come from a place of overall well-being for the game, they come from places of first-person biased perspectives of how the game should work for them without necessarily thinking how it will work for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    3 rp threads in May so far. Nice.
    With two of them from the same person lmao
    Last edited by Corocan; 05-06-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    Except one side thinks about it and puts more thought into it. Devs at least try and support their changes by collecting statistics and having town halls. Imagine if staff cow-toed to every single demand by a group of like 10ish people. Warrior grab and lurker pounce would've been removed ages ago. Shotgun bucks would crit marines on the first PB. Attachments would be free and MPs would be removed so admins can ban you for throwing eggs at the CO.

These decisions don't come from a place of overall well-being for the game, they come from places of first-person biased perspectives of how the game should work for them without necessarily thinking how it will work for everyone else.

With two of them from the same person lmao
    There's a huge difference in practical design between gathering data, and first-hand experience.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a huge difference in practical design between gathering data, and first-hand experience.
    Which is why I suggested having some staff members and some community-selected COs, Synths, Predators, and other people working together on establishing actual standards of what is LRP/MRP.