User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you want codified RP standards?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, written by staff

19 36.54%
  • Yes, written by the community

27 51.92%
  • No

6 11.54%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Defining LRP/MRP/HRP

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Observe me bottle a world sir
    Like the UN all I can do is give you a strongly worded letter whilst you pillage the the village that is the CM community.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    - Snip -
    Tank is a bad example. It was removed by DookySponut and then when he left, it was returned back. Tank is awful and should be removed. Games still circle around tank, no command will ever order to leave the cades if tank isn't ready to roll with them, FoBs are shaped for Tank etc.
    Game is just as unfun as it was back them (when talking about the tank), all that was changed was moving LTB to DEFCON and ramming doing damage instead of stun.

Tank is a prime example that staff doesn't do the best decisions. You had and still have "vocal minority" advocating from removing the tank even in this very moment of MOBA aliens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Tank is a bad example. It was removed by DookySponut and then when he left, it was returned back. Tank is awful and should be removed. Games still circle around tank, no command will ever order to leave the cades if tank isn't ready to roll with them, FoBs are shaped for Tank etc.
    Game is just as unfun as it was back them (when talking about the tank), all that was changed was moving LTB to DEFCON and ramming doing damage instead of stun.

Tank is a prime example that staff doesn't do the best decisions. You had and still have "vocal minority" advocating from removing the tank even in this very moment of MOBA aliens.
    The tank is also a casualty of changing Devs.

When I was still around we where planning on how a tank would work, the mechanics and it's impact on every round.

I remember with quite clarity that we agreed the tank would NOT be an every round thing and it would be for events and for the "soon" to be HvH game-mode only.
    I believe staff and dev ended up shuffling around, leaving or quitting and somehow tanks became a normal addition to the game.

APC's were always planned to be an every round thing as they where Lore friendly and could be balanced as they're a primary troop transporter. (Idea was for a ground commander using it as a mobile FOB).

However, I believe Tanks are a "cool factor" and show off a cool system that most other servers don't have which in turn creates buzz for CM and attracts more players to the game.
    So probably not the best for game mechanics, but over-all for CM I believe it shows off the servers abilities quite well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    A triumvirate system could work, staff vote, prominent member vote, and community vote. That way you'll never have a deadlock, that way you'll mitigate the issue of majority and minority rules. Staff will be permanent, prominent members will be selected by the community/staff, and the community itself will act as an entity.
    It could, but like you said, it would be "fundamentally impossible" and even the suggestions you posted seemed too painful or straight up ineffectual to justify implementation.

I don't really understand or agree with the sentiment that CM13 has some sort of ethical obligation to be democratic in its operations and decisions, because it doesn't, because it's a video game community run by and made by volunteers who put more effort and have greater obligations towards it. I don't think they should be expected to break their backs trying to please the most people possible. If a democratic system comes to CM13 it should be in the name of efficiency and not because it's 'just fair' or 'what people want', but to be blunt with you - democracies are not efficient, so I don't think that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    The DEVS shape the game, the players shape the roleplay.
    I mean, not to argue the semantics, but I feel like devs are on the staff team. Their overview is just limited to the functional make up of the game. Also, the staff (admins/mods) define the parameters in which the roleplay operates within, acting as curators for the players who agree with those parameters and thus, play on the server. The players drive their own roleplay, but they do not shape it for everyone else, if that makes sense to you. Not only is that how it should work on CM13, but that's just how it works everywhere else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Low roleplay actions that have no regard for your character or the setting (Memes, silly copypaste spam IC) are not acceptable.
    That’s actually a really good definition, there. I... somehow missed that in my recent re-reading of the server rules, but must have picked it up subconsciously or something since I managed to suggest essentially what you already had in there.