User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The FOB Meta and why you should Attack

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cadehell mostly is an issue of too much supplies being available to engineers along with better engineers. Typically engineers where always out of mats or bald as lex Luther. Nerfing the excessive mats would make req a more interesting balancing act, make engineers more frugal, and reduce case hell.

Take note case hugging is an old as hell meta that just got worse recently more then anything else. Cade hugging occurs as are act as force multiplier against flankers and keep marines corralled so fire support is less friendly firery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like a good FOB siege. But I like them to go definitively one way or the other. Either the xenos are breaking in, and you know you can’t stop them, but your cades are giving you time to escape, or the xenos get repelled hardcore, and there’s enough people left to chase them.

My experience on the marine side is that it’s either feast or famine for FOB mats. Either you have so many mats that you stop building metal cades and start putting up lines of plasteel cades, or you’re so strapped for materials that even deconstructing every chair, table, bed, and windowsill isn’t going to be enough to a standard 2-cade line. Cade maintenance can be easy or a pain depending on how many mini engis there are and on how competent they are. And it’s true, certain castes are kinda wasted on FOB sieges. And others give you a serious advantage. I can’t remember the last time someone burrowed into an FOB late in the round, after everyone forgot that burrowing was a thing. Removing the crusher’s ram-through-anything ability has also led to this. LV rounds used to follow the model you listed, but then, when everyone settled into the FOB siege, people at the FOB would start hearing crushers smashing things. And then suddenly one of the back walls would give out and xenos would swarm the LZ. If they made the boiler ranged attacks deal more damage to structures, but less to marines, I wouldn’t complain. I’d rather that those large clouds devastated the cades rather than be an instant death sentence if you can’t get out, or get knocked into one.

As far as objectives... well, lots of people hate the plasmagas nodes, but those equate to a secondary objective that needs to be held. And tying the Sentry power systems to constant gas mining makes it so the marines have to effectively defend two places. Yes, there were too many sentries when they started that setup, but the idea is sound for making it so that resources get spread out between multiple places.

Just thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    ...feast or famine for FOB mats...
    Well, the reason for this is actually the RO. If your RO is average or talented, you will always be "feasting" on mats. The only problem comes when the RO is bad. Because Req will ALWAYS have funds for materials, and even if it is horribly mismanaged ASRS will push up some materials anyway.

We'll see about objectives, pretty sure that devs are considering them at least.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xenos mad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watermelon914 View Post
    xenos mad
    a fellow intellectual i see :wine_glass:
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel free to attack the 4 meter tall super dino-bug monsters that can tank tank shells with your shitty dinky peashooter. I'll stand behind these cades and let building level ordinance deal with them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bravo squad best squad
    now FOBs can be used to their maximum extent thanks to new upgrades and defensive structures

also, xenos mad
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    marines be like: 13 layer fob
    xenos be like: chooses the one side with only one layer
    lmao

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont worry guys, im about to fix half of this. Tesla coil is op as fuck right? Well the only coutner to it is boiler because it can out range it. Heres whats gonna get this shit nerfed into the ground and save us all. Marine players dont know shit about xenos because they main marines then cry about how OP everything. Ima tell you how to make Tesla completely op now. Boiler gas unless it changed doesnt go through glass. Trapper boiler the one that shoots the 3x3 yellow circles (yall didnt even know that was a boiler did you) has completely fucked line of sight and cant shoot over anything. This includes window sills, tables, reinforced cades, and yes glass. So all you have to do to make tesla completely untoucheable is put it behind the cades a couple of tiles and then put glass infront of it. Now even boiler cant hit it and break it. Congrats xenos will never break through teh cades. Now have fun making fobs invincible until devs finally nerf shit and fix it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    dont worry guys, im about to fix half of this. Tesla coil is op as fuck right? Well the only coutner to it is boiler because it can out range it. Heres whats gonna get this shit nerfed into the ground and save us all. Marine players dont know shit about xenos because they main marines then cry about how OP everything. Ima tell you how to make Tesla completely op now. Boiler gas unless it changed doesnt go through glass. Trapper boiler the one that shoots the 3x3 yellow circles (yall didnt even know that was a boiler did you) has completely fucked line of sight and cant shoot over anything. This includes window sills, tables, reinforced cades, and yes glass. So all you have to do to make tesla completely untoucheable is put it behind the cades a couple of tiles and then put glass infront of it. Now even boiler cant hit it and break it. Congrats xenos will never break through teh cades. Now have fun making fobs invincible until devs finally nerf shit and fix it.
    xenos mad