User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The FOB Meta and why you should Attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to say that it is not just the firing lines of B8 L42s, but also the absolutely insane amount of M56Ds marines can bring right now, which are very hard to counter in any head-on attack. They are so effective I have seen marines hold forever in the middle of caves while the entire hive was pushing with the queen, just by setting up cades with tons of M56Ds. In the past this would get countered by boilers that make use of the tight nature of such caves, but, surprise, boiler bombards are blocked by M56Ds for some reason. Just looking at the list of random stuff that blocks boiler bombards would massively improve xeno sieging potential.

Also crushers are indeed garbage now (all they do is stun and cause slowness, which isn't useful for sieges) and when defenders could siege effectively they were nerfed so hard that fortify isn't worth using anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >Listing engi emplacements that get BTFO'd by prae spit and gas clouds super fast

>Not mentioning mortar spam and CAS with it's le epic keeper + skinny combo

destrok cringe as usual

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give back the old crusher for the love of GOD why is it just a leaping retard that can't even ram SANDBAGS WITH SOME WIRE ON IT without being stunned now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck you pyotr. holy shit

cas isnt even bad because of its frequency its only because its silent. fuck you fuck you fuck you
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Destrok DESTROYED by facts and logic yet again!

From a regular marine role or a synth perspective I just don't care. Sure cades are nice and powerful and good looking but if I end up being forced to cadehug for more than 30-45 minutes I will simply return to almayer and cryo

From a CO perspective, and this primarily concers my attempts wrt experimenting with FOB placements on hell maps with no stale set in stone meta like soro and corsat (I would argue lz2 trijent fits this as well but its an older map that predates me) mainly concerns figuring the best location and method to erect a temporary but strong blocking path against an obvious xeno flank opportunity that would result in yet another stupid defeat. And that medics have at least one nominally safe place to treat wounded and call medevacs.

But otherwise I'm quite comfortable with the state of cadehugging in general now. If marines are so keen on doing it just murder them all with a trapper or two.

Also I've noticed some players are abusing the admins' goodwill in preventing rounds from turning into hours long slogs by bumping defcon to 1 and authorizing a nuke just because someone got their toe stubbed by a drone and ordered a panic retreat to FOB for the next 6 hours. Admins seem to have noticed that as well and are more keen on giving xenos a global maturity boost or reinforcements instead. I hope that continues and teaches these players to stop starting shit with command staff whenever they don't pick the meta primary LZ of the map and don't comply with their pleas to retreat just because they slugged 6 other marines repeatedly while fighting 2 runners.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holding up behind a massive lz fob

cringe

continually extending frontline fob that eventually pushes into the core of the hive

based

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xenos are cringe they deserve to suffer

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    xenos are cringe they deserve to suffer
    Fine we will just pop in a movie and wait for the marines to die of boredom. Better to die to nuke then give cadehuggers the satisfaction. Enjoy four hours on every map of absolutely nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True Bravo is already watching three movies and pretending to guard cades anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    ...But otherwise I'm quite comfortable with the state of cadehugging in general now. If marines are so keen on doing it just murder them all with a trapper or two...
    This doesn't happen. Boiler isn't as good at sieges as you think it is. You have this misconception because indeed, it used to be overpowered in sieges until, for whatever reason, it got nerfed. Generally boilers are a joke to deal with on defense now. Their damage to defenses is minimal and can be fixed quickly, and their antipersonnel damage is easy to dodge. And there are still some ways to take them out, for example CAS/Mortar/OB, which would normally require the boiler to be braindead, but not so much anymore because they're silent.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome