User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The FOB Meta and why you should Attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvrem View Post
    Some devs have been toying around with the idea of a 'tech system' which is basically both sides getting buffs if they have map control long enough (scaling towards being OP around the 2 hour mark.)
    Having a constantly rising DEFCON for both sides would be interesting. One thing that they’ve done a few times this last week is the Super-Boiler. That would be a great xeno answer to the nuke. Whoever hits the equivalent of DEFCON 1 first essentially forces the other side to go offensive or die. IVe played in just one of the super-boiler rounds, where the marines did a successful push and wiped out the Boiler, just in time for the xenos to hijack the DS. So the round was fun, mostly because everything kept moving. There was no slog, per se, there wasn’t time for it. So there’s an idea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the Xenos really need something that forces the marines to attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind admin interferrence when marines just turtle in cades all day, Marines bitch in dchat or OOC when xenos delay, yet they go and do this shit.

Whitelisted Captain Total_Epicness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recounted View Post
    I wouldn't mind admin interferrence when marines just turtle in cades all day, Marines bitch in dchat or OOC when xenos delay, yet they go and do this shit.
    The difference is that marines have to litterally search the map for them as opposed to staying in a constant fob siege. I dislike the cade meta but I don't want any direct nerfs to it to ruin combat engineering as they are quick 1-2 line outpost that are meant to as a fallback point for pushes which any cade nerf will really hurt. Also resorting to admin solutions i believe is only for the most extreme cases like retarded CO ordering 150 marines to hold against 20 benos with no plans to attack anytime soon. (COs who pull that shit should get wl striked as it is borderline griefing)

I suggest random objective based solutions to prevent metagaming, maybe like a resource or get 5 of this xeno corpse and get big defcon or something. It would be intresting to tie in a CL defcon with this aswell with W-Y objectives and a reward for letting W-Y have eggs in exchange for PMCs for example (this was a gitlab suggestion for CL QoL)

I feel that it would also work with another gitlab suggestion which was to add in an on demand bioscan for the same cost as an OB. This would help with the tactic decision making of command and hopefully let them push on their own accord

Throwing abombs around should be the last solution
    Last edited by Total_Epicness; 05-17-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    Benson 'Bengus' Gusman, Frankie 'LTB' Sulyard (old TC name)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The meta isn't wrong, it's just players being players. I've personally always wanted this level of defenses when the colony had some value or key people to save, or when we had to risk a research team in the field . Long term topics like these do help the gameplay when the main way of playing reaches a critical mass. So it's really more having environmental forces help coax the mood.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i realy would prefer the cade become weaker but cheaper to make not gonna lie.
    it would bring back my nolstalgia i had of combat cading. Cade is not an essential tool to win. it is an essential tool to not die. Because it can take a hit for you. while you heal up and provide for it. Cade is not love, it is the tool you use to crush the enemy.
    All joke aside
    I do agree that marines should not just stay in cades and win. This is not whiskey outpost. Save it for there. (because WO is strongly inspired by that one starship trooper where the outpost get overrun) What we're suppose to do isn't punishing anyone for failing to play the game better. it's to tell them otherwise that what they're doing was not how the game was meant to be played and they should play it more like the way the game has been built for.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont mind the weaker cades but cheaper

PROVIDED THEY MAKE MELTING ACIDS INSTA DELETE CADES AGAIN!

BRING BACK ANNOYING MEMERROWER!
    REEEEEEEEE

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 34256923568973245683248579230465 I'm still waiting on the trapper boiler buff so xenos can nuke cadehuggers

Holy shit I don't want to get HPR ffed to permadeath by epic bravo pvt roleplayer Marty McFarty on Sorokyne or Ice Colony just because the awesome roleplayer XO orders everyone to hug cades and has a mental breakdown over "god damn awful terrible ungas ruining my delicate daisy battleplans" so he can roleplay scratching his lower back on the Almayer as he rps sitting in a chair while sitting in a chair.

Nothing can and nothing will beat an early round murderball. It's simple, it's fun for the majority of players involved, and it minimizes the influence of autism barricading on the round duration, since cades when used in that regard (which is like 85-90% of the time) it's literally nothing but artificial round prolongation. That some people think tier 3 xenos running up to a cade and clicking on it until it's deleted and marines getting insubbed and being called little pieces of shit for stepping 0.01 tiles outside of the cadeline before getting FFed to death with abovementioned HPR users is genuinely confounding.

I'm pretty bad at combat and had actively avoided it for the majority of my playtime here on CM but, surprise surprise, combat is the single most fun aspect of CM, much more than roleplay will ever be. And cadehugging is not combat.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is, there is no more Mega FOB, they rarely happen indeed. Due to the giant lack of good engineer mains or just good engineers, and with the higher costs for barricades, you need to be even more effective with the materials you have, placing them in strategical positions instead of just mindless spamming barricade lines, which again, rarely happens.

Unless a CO openly orders all engineers to stay on FOB together with a Synth and his lieutenants with the unique duty of making a FOB while wasting all the DEFCON budget on materials, it wont happen. Marines usually lose if they lose on the frontlines as they have no FOB at all.

The standard FOB defense round is: ''We took too many losses fallback to FOB marines!'' *All the marines fallback to FOB* ''CAPTAIN, THERE IS NO FOB, IT IS COMPLETLY OPEN, EVAC PLEASE.''

Or: ''We took too many losses fallback to FOB marines!'' *All the marines fallback to FOB* ''CAPTAIN, THE MAIN ENTRANCE HAVES 2 CADE LINES WHILE ALL THE OTHER FLANKS ARE COMPLETLY OPEN, EVAC PLEASE.''

So, as the Xenos have the right to keep spamming resin and delaying the round like Viperious does, having 10 xenos left with the entire marine force by the Hive yet he keeps trying to win the round by doing caps. Marines also should have the right to do the same, the difference is, marines doesnt have any way to do it unless 1. The engineers are good and not already dead. 2. They have enough supplies (Which, ONCE AGAIN, rarely happens nowadays.)

Xenos need to learn how to exploit flanks and weak positions instead of throwing themselves in the main entrance.

God, CORSAT Landing Zones can be breached by all 4 sides, on LV, marines usually forget or do at best, 1 unguarded cade line in South and East. Same thing with Big Red, you can breach through North Caves, Old T-Comms and even in the East if it is nightmare, yet, majority of the Queens just throw their forces by the Southern entrance where the main barricades and marines stay.
    Last edited by LynuahSororitas; 06-25-2020 at 06:40 PM.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida