User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Synthetics and You - A brief primer

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that I, as a CO, don't realize synths don't exist. It's that they literally refrain from talking until 12:45, and you're like "Oh, when did you wake up synth" and they're like "Since the start of the OP" and you just want to REEEEEEEEEEE. Like WHY! What is so hard about saying "Hello command" when you spawn in? Do you know how many times I've had a synth that has been silent entire operations in command channel?! It's annoying! Program these synths to say "Hi" at the very least so I can acknowledge their existence in some way.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    It's not that I, as a CO, don't realize synths don't exist. It's that they literally refrain from talking until 12:45, and you're like "Oh, when did you wake up synth" and they're like "Since the start of the OP" and you just want to REEEEEEEEEEE. Like WHY! What is so hard about saying "Hello command" when you spawn in? Do you know how many times I've had a synth that has been silent entire operations in command channel?! It's annoying! Program these synths to say "Hi" at the very least so I can acknowledge their existence in some way.
    I literally had a round with brad that went

>Brad says hi in CIC and gets me a coffee or something
    >Brad deploys and is literally gone for an hour
    >We are losing, CO is dead
    >Announce for evac
    >Brad says over command radio "Please hold the dropship I'm dragging the COs body in"
    >"Brad what the fuck you're alive??"

I've had so many rounds where I just assume the synth is dead and then they just pop up once we win/lose
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

>Announce for evac
    >Brad says over command radio "Please hold the dropship I'm dragging the COs body in"

I've had so many rounds where I just assume the synth is dead and then they just pop up once we win/lose
    That sounds like the perfect synth, pure mechanical efficiency.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

>Announce for evac

Well, yeah. Synths in a normal round are much too busy doing stuff to chit-chat lol.

Me myself I have a habit of also notifying via command channel of things like "I'm deploying colonyside now" "I've spotted the queen" "Marines and myself got blown up by bad CAS" but that usually gets routinely ignored and I get the same treatment.

Come to think of it, CO has the same problem, too. You can spend the whole round working normal like in CIC, making and relaying orders/ordering DEFCON assets/dialing in OBs/supply drops etc. and still get a similar reaction of "Wtf do we even have a CO??"

But it's just on a per-round basis I believe. Some people just can't pay attention or have latejoined so don't have the full picture.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Well, yeah. Synths in a normal round are much too busy doing stuff to chit-chat lol.

Me myself I have a habit of also notifying via command channel of things like "I'm deploying colonyside now" "I've spotted the queen" "Marines and myself got blown up by bad CAS" but that usually gets routinely ignored and I get the same treatment.

Come to think of it, CO has the same problem, too. You can spend the whole round working normal like in CIC, making and relaying orders/ordering DEFCON assets/dialing in OBs/supply drops etc. and still get a similar reaction of "Wtf do we even have a CO??"

But it's just on a per-round basis I believe. Some people just can't pay attention or have latejoined so don't have the full picture.
    Throughout my time of grinding XO I've had so many COs deploy and I rarely get ones that just disappear, most regularly use the tablet like windhealer or compy. Recently I've seen more synths that actually speak like matthaus and it's refreshing so I agree with it being a per-round thing.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications