User Tag List

View Poll Results: How long will this LRP rule stand for?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • couple of months

7 17.95%
  • Years

6 15.38%
  • just a temporary solution to a long term problem

26 66.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long will will the no-LRP rule be enforced before it goes back to LRP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LRP is terrible for the game in my opinion and should be moderated. The game is moving towards a Call of Duty style gameplay where marines chase exenos and talk shit in DCHAT after they die or kill something.

I think one of the main issues regarding LRP is the way marines execute orders, I see many times where Delta is ordered to secure South of Bar in Solaris for example but they instead breach ETA and UNGA as they say, into the enemy lines. There is no logical reason for this and is just looking for frags as most EPIC GAMERs both here in the forums and in the game will tell you in CM these days.

There is no logical reason for marines to disobey command orders unless there is a strong RP or situational reason and should be considered LRP In my opinion. I do not enjoy LRP and do think it is unhealthy for the game in the long term this is only my opinion, however.

I do believe RP should be encouraged and rewarded, the goal of CM should not be to kill exenos and end the round as fast as possible.
    Last edited by Critilius; 05-11-2020 at 09:48 PM.
    Aden Cooper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    I was thinking more in the way of, will I get banned for never talking on rounds where I don't feel like it? After all, there's a reason why a helmet and radio isn't mandatory.
    Staff won’t ding you for keeping to yourself unless you’re a vital role that needs to interact with others in order to function properly. PFCs don’t ever really have to say anything if they don’t want to. It’s when you start impacting someone else’s gameplay experience that you may find yourself dinged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    so is this just a shitpost or?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very new to CM but FROM WHAT I GATHERED there's a strong sense divide in the community regarding RP in general. I'm just guessing that CM used to share a playerbase with Goon or something similar like that(?) and has since tried moving away from that? Regardless reading through these 3-4 threads on the LRP issue left me with more questions than answers.

I frequently see RP and people that roleplay being made fun of in Dchat, people unironically going "The CO should be banned because he was busy roleplaying instead of doing x,y,z", or people going "RP doesn't exist on CM" (especially whenever I asked what squad enjoys RP the most).
    Despite this whenever I actually roleplay in game (even in Delta, tho rarely, you can find characters like "Unlucky" who do a good job at roleplaying), people are very responsive to it. And I do think if you look for it, you CAN find roleplay

I guess to some people, winning is what they find to be the most fun in the game, and people that roleplay are inevitably not gonna be as effective as their LRP brethren unless they're mega robust. But for me nothing beats someone being genuinely sad after your death, playing "I spy with my little eye" on FOB duty or just generally making friends till' you inevitably either die or make that final push against the xenos. It's why I play the game.

I just hope mods don't get tired of enforcing the no-lrp behaviour, and I bet it's pretty disheartening to see people shitting so often on people that roleplay. Personally I don't mind dying or getting overwhelmed in a round if I or someone else got good RP out of that. But I think a lot of people are gonna find this opinion controversial
    Last edited by HoseaPalindrome; 05-15-2020 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    This discussion is not a peanut gallery for you to poke at people. Unless you are going to contribute to this thread you should cry in a corner and think about your life decisions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    This discussion is not a peanut gallery for you to poke at people. Unless you are going to contribute to this thread you should cry in a corner and think about your life decisions.
    This is not a place for writing really big text. Unless you're going to write in moderate sizes you should go cry in a corner and think about your life decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    This is not a place for writing really big text. Unless you're going to write in moderate sizes you should go cry in a corner and think about your life decisions.
    This is not a place to write without italic text. Unless you are going to write with text that has a little bit of an angle you should go cry in a corner and think about your life decisions.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    low RP just means all the dam netspeak and ooc talk, but that requires the mods to punish mcbaldy for not knowing how ss13 works which is not fun and rises the risk of them gunning down medbay becuase humans are dum monkeys. Still low RP enforcement will be dead soon enough and something new and shiny will take it place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it man, they need to keep banning ppl till we go back to 100 highpop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimo View Post
    I like it man, they need to keep banning ppl till we go back to 100 highpop
    I can get behind this.

While I personally find some of the memery a little grating, I don't find it as obnoxious as some of the shitting on people who actually want to have roleplay. It's stupid when you're calling someone garbage because they didn't want to be an EPIC GAMER like you and pointblank every last non-marine on sight and wound up getting killed for making the effort.

I also want hostile survivors again. The frequency I see marines completely ignoring non-compliant survivors or just killing them outright because they know the survivors can't shoot them without catching a bwoink is obnoxious. If you're ignoring someone pointing a gun at you and telling you to get out of their holdout because you're looting their shit and you get shot and ahelp it, the temptation to tell you that you should have listened to the guy with a shotgun instead of brushing him off is incredible.