User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's actually causing all the lag other than players?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started playing again recently and was surprised to see so few people on, especially for Friday night. Significantly less lag for me (us east), just not sure if that's how it's been recently and how other regions are faring.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea we lost about 20-40 people. Attrition and such. Guess rp changes in general and a move to a different game style has pushed people away. Feels like people are much more follow meta as marine and that it, literally NPCs but more useless. Xenos are changed up in general and feels tier 1s and 2s aren’t as useful, caps are harder, game is more skill based which sucks on a game not built for skill anything beside rp, and just constant meta of rushing with buck cause some xenos to just tap out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    game is stable now. if you have a bad ping like me, then expect a lag spike especially playing in high pop

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard that we have too much salt in the infernal machine that is CM causes the server to lag and sputter. The only cure for our predicament is to add more Carp to Colonial marines and hope for the best.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NethIafins View Post
    hi

answer is (in that order)
    massive runtimes (if they exist)
    lighting
    chat
    detectors
    sounds
    xeno minimap
    human life
    xeno life
    so if these are the biggest reasons why cant we straight remove motion detectors and xeno minimap? neither are needed at all

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out that it's actually deadchat that's causing lag. The more deadchat there is, the more lag there is.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The xeno minimap is mostly unused anyway so maybe kill it. MD is fantastic in chase builds and still used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    excellent tread.
    now that we established that byond is ''beyond'' its efficient life time and is now totaly obsolete...(single tread, archaic coding etc)
    could we now focus on the solution?

when and how wil i be able to play cm witout lag?
    Is ss14 the solution?

if yes, then who is working on ss14 cm?
    will it be ready soon?

CM is an excellent 2d spess mmorpg action game... it would be a shame for it to die along with byond.
    Modern CM i wanna beleive!! (or at least a non laggy version of what we have now)

P.s.: dear spess santa, please make modern cm without moba xeno and perma nests ;PPP lol

-Mira

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does seem that SS14 is the best long-term solution, with our head-dev Neth stepping down partially to focus on SS14 development. If you're interested in keeping up with the development of CM SS14, there is a channel in the discord dedicated to it