Date of Incident
    May 8, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Brynjar Egilson

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    TimesandPlaces

Accused Character Name
    Aiden 'Thunder' Anderson

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    21:30 GMT+0

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 15: MPs follow marine law

Description of the incident:
    So the round started off as normal, until about 15 minutes in, Windhealer, our SL called out that he was being arrested east side of the Alamo, causing our entire squad to rush over. The moment I got there, I got pepper sprayed by an MP, which is whatever really, it's a high stress environment and literally any of us could turn hostile so it's best to expect the worst, but that's not what I'm complaining about.

Very shortly after this, the CO pardoned Windhealer, who was the only person being arrested, but the MPs continued pepper spraying and tazing Delta marines for a while, but that's not what I'm complaing about.

Finally, the issue was resolved and we were all happy in the medbay and everyone was pardoned, until the SO stated over comms that our engineer was being cuffed on the top floor of the Almayer, so naturally, I immediately started heading over to try and save said marine, but as I approached the staircase next to the north brig entrance, an explosion happened which blew into req, and at the edge of the explosion was Delta Engineer Orlando Blackburn and a random Alpha PFC, but not wanting to be a snitch, I played dumb the XO came over asking what the fuck just happened. A few seconds later, an MP came down the stairs dragging a cuffed Delta Engineer called Frederick who I'm pretty sure was new because he started the round off by asking in squad comms "What map are we on", and then I saw someone saw that Frederick blew into Brig, even though he wasn't anywhere near the area and there was another Delta engineer right there, so they took Frederick.

I then spent the remainder of briefing explaining to the XO who had said Frederick did it, that it couldn't have been him because he was being detained, but he just kept saying "Let me handle this", but seeing as he wasn't actually handling it, I went back to the bridge where the breach had occured while everyone else boarded the Alamo, and tried to explain to the CMP that Frederick literally couldn't have done it because he was being arrested. The MPs then told me to deploy, so I called them crayon eaters, then after they counted down and told me to get on the ground, I ran, hoping the Alamo was still on the ship, but it had already deployed, so I was arrested. But that's not why I'm doing this report.

I spent about 5 minutes being processed in the brig before actually being put in a cell, during which time I kept repeating that Frederick who was now firmly in perma brig was innocent, I explained that there was another Delta Engineer at the blast radius, and then said it was Orlando Blackburn. At which point the CMP came over and said I was lying, because the XO told them there was only one Delta engineer on the crew manifest (I checked and it clearly showed Orlando Blackburn at the top of Delta), and if I could prove that there was another, he would release Frederick, but then repeated that the XO was there (He wasn't, he arrived after me) and said it was Frederick (Which he said because he arrived as Frederick was being dragged into the brig after being cuffed).

Once brigged, I ahelped about the XO and CMP being unable to read the crew manifest which led to them perma brigging an innocent marine, and repeated the same thing over general comms, but then the XO jumped in asking why I was bringing him into this when he never looked at a crew manifest, meaning the CMP was lying was about what the XO said and was clearly trying to cover his own skin.

He then later came up to me after my nearly 20 minute brig timer was over and said that they would release Frederick, but the CO won't let them deploy to capture Orlando Blackburn because, so they wouldn't release Frederick until AFTER the end of operation once Orlando returns. After which I reported this to the XO over General comms, which led the CMP to immediately relieve me of my comms.

The CMP knew that Frederick was innocent, and I lost my spec round because I refused to just sit by and let an innocent player be falsely perma brigged. Yes, I was brigged for resisting arrest after not deploying within the 3 second countdown provided, and I insulted the MPs, but that would not have happened in the first place if the CMP listened to what I was saying, accepted the evidence and investigated the situation and not punish an innocent player.

I asked at the end of the round if I should go through with the report, and about half way through making the report, Jarek told me probably not but to do it anyway to make sure incase he was wrong. If TimesandPlaces has already been job banned or something then this report can just be ignored.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs. And I mean, like, 30 minutes of logs of me repeating the same thing to MPs, the CMP and the XO.

How you would punish the accused:
    CMP/MP job ban. If you're going to lie and ruin people's spec/engineer rounds with perma brigging because you can't handle being wrong, you shouldn't play a high stress role like that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "an explosion happened which blew into req, " This is meant to be Brig but I can't edit the post.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already handled by staff
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids