User Tag List

Thread: PwntQ - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PwntQ - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    PwntQ
    Character Name?
    John LeBird
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Researcher
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Desmet
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    Have tried or played most of the /tg/ or gooncode servers at some point
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    Reason: Suicided as researcher because other researcher was incompetent.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    No previous
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    https://i.imgur.com/gEYdt2F.png

I take fault with this for several reasons.

I had roleplayed out my character becoming continuing depressed over the lack of progress they were making in their research. He had only found one and could not after over an hour of ingame get another through hydro, nothing from IO gathering either. When we finally did get xeno corpses, the other researcher Nikolay Bordin wanted to take over that part and they did, so i took a brief break and came back to find bottles strewn everywhere and nothing anaylzed. My character became more depressed and attempted suicide twice via chemical overdose only to be ressurected by the docs. Third and final time he asked a marine for his gun and used in the game suicide mechanic to blow his brains out, at which point BWOINK.

Now, I'm told suicide is LRP, all memebers of the Almayer are mentally sound and not insane/suicidal, and that my doing so was a waste of a job slot. I take issue with this for several reason.

1. There is a literal ingame mechanic for committing suicide. My character was extremely depressed, had died and been brought back already once, and suffering under chemical influence. All factors for suicide. If Almayer members can never commit suicide without it being LRP, they should not be allowed the suicide mechanic.

2. The CMO is literally given the ability to commit people as being insane, I have seen this used multiple time in game and DEFINITELY outside of events/admin prompting, usually at the prodding of the CMP or MP's, without admin intervention to stop it.

3. At the time of my characters suicide, the other researcher had completely stopped doing their job. There was also another researcher slot freely open the entire round that no one took (there can be three researchers) and marines had evac'd at this point. I fail to see how I was wasting a job slot when the other person did nothing besides made medbots that killed 6 marines via OD and there was another job slot open the entire round not taken.

4. Rule 11 does state Suicide in its title but does not mention actual rules regarding suicide, merely leaving without telling staff and threatens a job ban for doing so, especially for important roles. Rule 2 regards roleplay and states CM-13 is a MRP server and that "Your character's actions, feelings, and knowledge in-game should be based solely on the character's experiences and not your own as the player." I felt AND had acted out during the round my characters descent into depression due to his experiences, dissatisfaction at work, and made known over comms his wish for death multiple times. He went from lying in the corner in sadness, to taking poison, to taking a stronger poison and waiting on the dropship pad for it crush him only to be dragged into medbay and revived after dying, to weeping over being brought back to life and asking a marine for his handgun and then using the ingame suicide mechanic to kill himself. I did not just go "lol im bored, gonna kill myself as researcher." My character acted out and had an arc of spiraling depression culminating in a suicide finale.

5. I also received a 3 hour ban for this, while the closest thing this falls under was Rule 11 which only states a job ban.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes for PwntQ:

Spoiler Spoiler:

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assigned for admin review.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be taking over this appeal.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This ban litterally just got placed yesterday.

I'm going to ask that you come back in 1 months time, with no discplinary issues, and to try again.

As for your arguement.....

All personnel employed by the USCM are mentally stable and physically fit for duty. They would not desert their post or go against the USCM without a good reason
    You're a doctor/researcher/scientist whos been contracted to work with a prestigious organization. Your character has obviously excelled in their field and has been selected to work on the Almayer because of it. Highly intelligent people with strong work ethics don't off themselves because their co-workers screw up and leave their work stations a mess. If you think this is somehow true, then I argue that you need more life experience.

Come back in a 1 month with a clean sheet and we'll look at this again.

Result: Denied. Appeal is deferred for 1 month.