User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Urytion - Commander Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries. My internet is throttled for a week, so I won't be playing until next month. So if you're hoping to observe me it might take a while.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, while I can't say I have ever seen you much (if ever to be honest) in game, I really like the idea of a bastard captain. Your app is pretty solid too, so I'm gonna tentatively give this a +1, but if I see shittery beyond RP and character allowance before this app is done it may be changed.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize for my late response I have been away from home as well and even now I still am.

I have personally seen you very verbal with marines and other officers on the Almayer. Very rude behavior even to officers above your rank. I've also heard from people to way you treat others and frankly I cannot just look lightly on the way you play your character. For example, someone told me as RO you have personally burned requisitions orders in front of marines just to piss them off, another instance I observed as CMP you were very LRP in the role dragging around prisoners in a chair instead of following proper procedure and messing around with another female officer in the showers, and as an overwatch officer I have seen you as a Lieutenant or even Executive Officer call those above and below you retards underserving of their roles. I understand people can be dumb and fuck up but its stuff like that which is clear mutiny baiting and really isn't needed.

I will be giving this a -1 especially because one, you said you do not plan to change how you play your character, and two your internet is down so I cannot really see if you'd even if you were to change how you would but you will be gone a month anyway so you could always just reapply. I cannot speak for the rest of the council but this is just my opinion. If I am overruled I would simply recommended changes to how your conduct yourself ingame. Marines will lose their shit at command very easily and if you were to BE them or mutinybait you'll see a lot of reports, even for minor things like 'The CO is an unneeded douche' which will be struck down instantly obviously because its not a rulebreak however if it becomes a trend then it will start to become a problem.
    Last edited by Snooper44; 06-02-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna defend myself on the CMP bit. First, MPs get real bored real quick. Gotta do something to make the round interesting when there's nothing interesting to be done. I could go around arresting people for the slightest infraction, but that would be bad. The chair thing was an NJP, because I wanted the marine to be able to deploy. Again, I could have arrested them, but that would be bad. So when I do things in order to be lenient, I get told it's LRP. If I'm strict and follow marine law to the letter (which I have been) the CO attempts to BE me and says it's abuse (not hyperbole, this happened). It's almost like there no winning.

Also my internet is back up and I'll be back on sometime in the next couple days.
    Last edited by Urytion; 06-03-2020 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Correcting some autocorrect nonsense

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. I do apologize, this has been sat on for too long.

It's not going to be liked, however I'm going to be denying this application. I'd be willing to accept this application, as I do think the quirk could be interesting, if the person doing it was someone trustable and known for good RP. HOWEVER, I haven't heard much positive, I have instead heard a lot regarding toxicity and the like. At this time, I don't think I could trust you to not be mutiny bait with this type of gimmick, your notes reinforce that too me.

That said, I do still think this gimmick could be pulled off well, and I don't think it's impossible for you to get this Whitelist. Go another month without any notes, and please try and prove that you're not as toxic as I've heard, and that you can RP this type of gimmick well. If you can do that for me, I'd be fine with seeing this accepted. Until then,

Resolved, denied. You may reapply in a months time.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler: