mynameajeff
    Date of Incident
    May 10, 2020
    Your Character Name?
    Mogu Stump
    Their BYOND Key
    forest2001
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    It really spans over a plethora of rounds and events as a whole.
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    "Remain Professional, no matter what happens"
    "Do not abuse your power" "- We are not a government repressing their citizens. Don't hassle players for literally everything."
    "- Whenever a player receives a punishment they should know why and what they are being punished for."
    "- Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling."
    Description of the incident
    Harassment, over dozens of rounds and events on the discord and community at large, denied my appeal because I "had too many chances" despite the fact that the reasoning behind the ban was completely irrelevant and my last note regarding it was over six months ago.
    Evidence
    I'm getting the same punishment that someone who exploited goonchat would receive when I didn't even break a defined rule or ruling. A large portion of the staff team has a general disdain for me because of my grandiosity and bombastic nature. It seems just the way I play angers them to some capacity. I don't believe I deserve this constant hate when I'm just trying to play a game and have some fun. I'm a good-natured player and I don't grief anyone, I just want to roleplay in an "Alien" lore environment and be entertained but instead I get told by countless members of the staff team that I'm a shit player and that I should just leave the community because "I'm not welcome".
    How you would punish the accused
    Irrelevant, I just want to be treated like a normal player for once, not some evil boogeyman "undesirable" who "is a detriment to the server" for something I didn't even do.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you give us dates for such accusations? Because there is no way for us to pull logs "over a plethora of rounds and events as a whole."
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From management point of view: if you are jobbanned 3 times from the same role, the jobban is permanent and forever unappealable
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 05-10-2020 at 04:21 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    From management point of view: if you are jobbanned 3 times from the same role, the jobban is permanent and forever unappealable
    Damage control, this is my fourth CL jobban, I've not once heard of this ruling nor is it applicable because the circumstances behind my ban weren't valid in the first place, as I outlined in the post, but instead of investigating the situation as conduct deems fit, they decided to immediately close it because of their past experiences with me and disdain for me as a player in an attempt to bar me from the server. This is becoming exceedingly Orwellian. Consistency is everything when in a professional environment.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three strikes and you’re out thems the bricks.

If you want to report the mod for improperly job banning you we will investigate that but that will require a seperate report.

As far as this one we will need specific dates of what forest did to investigate wrong doing. If you’re going to post a generic forest is biased against me report we don’t have much to go on
    Get off my lawn you kids

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t have anything against you, but it is my responsibility to ensure appeals are handled correctly. The way we handle bans and jobbans is gradually being changed, with more info on this to come soon. The permanent jobban changes are recent, but not super recent.

The reason I closed your appeal immediately is for that reason. You have had numerous CL bans which implies you are incapable of upholding the standards needed for it. I understand your last but one ban was due to being SSD, indeed I considered letting you off for it, but you should have known better regardless.

Fair treatment is my priority and duty. The fair treatment in this case is the action that was taken.

You claim your last CL ban is illegitimate. If you can prove that, and have it resolved then there will be no issue with you continuing to play CL. But as soldier has said. Three strikes and you’re out.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    I don’t have anything against you, but it is my responsibility to ensure appeals are handled correctly. The way we handle bans and jobbans is gradually being changed, with more info on this to come soon. The permanent jobban changes are recent, but not super recent.

The reason I closed your appeal immediately is for that reason. You have had numerous CL bans which implies you are incapable of upholding the standards needed for it. I understand your last but one ban was due to being SSD, indeed I considered letting you off for it, but you should have known better regardless.

Fair treatment is my priority and duty. The fair treatment in this case is the action that was taken.

You claim your last CL ban is illegitimate. If you can prove that, and have it resolved then there will be no issue with you continuing to play CL. But as soldier has said. Three strikes and you’re out.
    There seems to be no reason for this policy to exist as barring people from appealing in general is largely draconian. The underlying themes of this reply contradicts your ideal sense of fairness, you state that I should have known better, but that round as CL I had events that superceded my status and duty in game which required immediate attention towards, I apologized for it in that appeal and noted the rules on it. Corporate Liaison is a very undefined role and is equivalent to a clown on this server with how it's presented and the lack of attention it gets from development, the standards of which I have constantly contended with, either, you can make a round interesting, or you can completely unbalance it outside of staff intervention. Ultrazine mixes are grossly overpowered and you can fit 20u of ultrazine in a cigarette without ever hitting the overdose limit for it because of how reagents are passed on through cigs, not even noting how you can fit in hyperzine on top of that and epinephrine into a mix. I have a general passion for the role and would like it to have either a mechanical advantage or the reversion of mechanical advantage for other roles, which the latter will obviously never go into fruition given how development is going in that regard. Corporate Liaison as a role is fundamentally flawed, I'm not free of guilt but without roleplay, the role is discarded. I sometimes get into situations where I tend to break the rules or bend them and a good CL is noted to know marine law, but to bend it in their favor on the wiki. My "phobia" of staff comes from countless experiences wherein they have done events I have genuinely disagreed with, events that negatively affected me and were meant to only negatively affect me, such as when, a survivor was told to murder me whilst I was speaking to them in my office or when they spawned Dutches Dozen needlessly in a predator round which unbalances the marine and xeno conflict.

In conclusion I have explained what is wrong with CL, the needlessness of that ruling and what I think should be done with the game as a whole as well as activities staff members have done unto me in the past as a Corporate Liaison and other roles as well as what I believed they did to the detriment of the round or server as a whole.

Now that I've addressed that, what can we do to fix it?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s not changing if you’re jobbanned from a role for bad behavior (not AFKing) more than 3 times, you are permabanned from that job. It shows us you haven’t learned your lesson and you’ve been given enough chances to learn from your behavior, and cannot be trusted with the role.

If you don’t agree with it, that’s your prerogative.

If you think your last jobban was improper and you did not break rules, you can file a staff report against the moderator in question who issued it.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 05-10-2020 at 09:00 PM.
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No dates and/or times have been provided, and this report is generic in nature. The allegation is you're being treated unfairly, and your note history does not conside with that. If you don't break rules, staff will not hinder you/speak with you. Only time you would talk with staff is if you ahelped it.

I researched your CL ban, and it looks valid to me.

As far as what forest did as ban mangement, no wrong doing is there.

You can try to appeal your ban again in 30 days, but as it sits, anyone who cops 3 jobbans from the same role will get a permanent non-appealable jobban.
    Get off my lawn you kids