Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GenericUsername - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    BIgboyyo

Player Name You Use Most?
    Nathon 'Boeing' Stafford

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    None chief

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Battlefield Execution is a last resort tool to instantly remove someone from the round when they pose a legitimate threat to either the ship, its crew, command, or the operation as a whole. Its useful for making an example of someone or to just end someone who can be arrested in a reasonable amount of time.

Situations where BE is legal are:

1.PO is actively ignoring calls to lock dropship, resulting in multiple times where Xenos can board the dropship, when ordered he yells over comms “Fuck off its fine”

2.A PFC murders CL for the horrid crime of being the CL, PFC fires at MPs trying to arrest him and they are having a hard time arresting him

3. Bravo SL repeatedly says over comms he’s going to murder me when he comes up on Alamo, he is also trying to incite mutiny

3. Delta refuses to follow my orders and instead attempts to mutiny against my legitimate command, if they fail I am within my rights to deny treatment and to execute them.

BE is mechanically different from a normal execution because there is no estimated time or preparation involved its literally just, CO shoots, crime doer dies, CO announces the reason for BE, and that's it.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Nathon is a Californian with a background in negotiating skills and generally has a friendly enough attitude to talk it out with others if escalating a situation can be prevented(Unless they’re CLF). When it comes to the OP as a whole I'd let department heads run their respective areas and focus more on CIC and what the marines are doing.

It’s usually a case-by-case thing when departments revolt so I’ll separate my answers for that part of the question.

Insub Req: I’ve played RO enough to estimate req revolting due to command being poor at communicating with them/sending supplies and such. I’m plenty experienced with sending crates and stuff and would be more than glad to ask RO what the issue is and how we could solve it. If its req revolting for some dumb LRP reason I’ll just send MPs and have XO/Synth replace the RO

Insub Engineering: I don’t have any experience with MT rework so I’d just have to ask CE what the issue is and figure it out from there. If we can’t reasonably solve the issue and they choose to revolt still I’ll just send MPs and have XO/Synth load OB from now on if I must

Insub MP: If the MPs are against me there’s a big issue. If they’re trying to arrest me without faxing HC and everything I’d just Ahelp over it. If HC has given them permission to arrest me and I’m clearly guilty I’d just accept it and get it over with. If it’s just the CMP against me with no valid reason I’d demote him and select an aCMP

Insub Command/XO: This is a huge problem if my own number 1s aren’t with me. I’d talk with my XO to diagnose the issue, if I’m a poor leader I’ll let XO handle the OP, if not then I’d try to convince him that we’re doing fine and to just fax HC if he has a problem with me. If it gets to the point where XO is trying to commit sedition I’d either arrest or just BE them at that point.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    OOCLY the job of the CO is to make the round more fun for everyone on the marine side, they will be blamed for boring rounds where marines hug cades and nothing happens until admins intervene and end it for them. COs are also adhered to a higher standard of RP than your average PFC and are meant to consistently stay in character to retain their whitelist.

ICLY the CO is the big cheese who has authority over everyone else, it’s usually their job to plan out the operation and see it to the end (unless he gives XO the reigns). They will usually be blamed if the OP goes south and marines are forced to evacuate. They differ from XO with their power over MPs, pardoning privileges, and the ability to slightly modify SOP.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Please let tablet/announcements console have a tab that lets CO/XO view SL cams. I feel so bad when I have to shove an SO aside to look at their camera.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I'll be honest I’m not the best leader ever but I can at least RP and try to prevent boring Cade-hugging rounds where nothing is accomplished for 3 hours. Also as a part-time PO main I would like to #MakeCASgreatagain

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Not that good with writing so I chose a short story.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not about being robust, a field in where DOA stands in a place on the top. It's not about him being a good leader, which I believe is pretty much uncontested. It's about doing all that while still being a decent person, fun to have around. He's usually competitive in the good sense of the word and not in the bad one. That's why I support this.

His style is very different from mine especially I have gimmicks and I pity bald queens if he gets accepted as a Captain. But to the marines he'd be a blessing.

+1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been telling GenericUsername to apply for CO ever since I had the delight of having him as my XO one round. Dude genuinely cares about making the game more fun, plays a consistent character, and overall improves the game just by being in it.

He clearly knows how to play command roles better than most of the current whitelisted commanders do, and as Destrok said on my app, it'd be nice to see some more actually robust people playing CO.

Huge +1 from me, just give the guy his whitelist.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 so he stops stealing my XO roll

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank y'all for the kind words so far. Also If anyone is going to ask me stuff tomorrow I probably won't be able to respond since I have to go the doctors and I don't know when I'll be done with that.
    Last edited by BIgboyyo; 05-11-2020 at 05:46 AM.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a couple of questions for you to, please answer them to the best of your ability:

1. The MP's have brigged Delta's spec for the threat of assault against a superior officer. Delta is outraged and are now causing far more problems. They become unruly and begin denying to deploy until the spec is released, even trying to jailbreak him. What do you do to solve this issue?

2. You wake up and notice that you have no MP's present, as briefing is commencing the marines start goofing off, even shoving you over trying to steal your gear. Order is being lost, what do you do?

3. As marines are on the ground engaged in heavy fighting, an SL starts ranting about your suicidal tactics and that Command is going to get everyone killed, he decides to withdraw his forces against your orders. What do you do?
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorprobe69 View Post
    I have a couple of questions for you to, please answer them to the best of your ability:

1. The MP's have brigged Delta's spec for the threat of assault against a superior officer. Delta is outraged and are now causing far more problems. They become unruly and begin denying to deploy until the spec is released, even trying to jailbreak him. What do you do to solve this issue?

2. You wake up and notice that you have no MP's present, as briefing is commencing the marines start goofing off, even shoving you over trying to steal your gear. Order is being lost, what do you do?

3. As marines are on the ground engaged in heavy fighting, an SL starts ranting about your suicidal tactics and that Command is going to get everyone killed, he decides to withdraw his forces against your orders. What do you do?
    1. Delta usually does stuff like this so I'd try to compromise here. I'd announce that If delta keeps trying to jailbreak him I'll refuse to pardon and will send MPs to arrest the jailbreakers, considering he's a spec and (in my experience) people only threaten assault because they don't realize that can get them arrested I'd be inclined to pardon him as long as his squad stops chimping out and he just does his job. Delta is usually intelligent enough to cooperate so hopefully there'd be no issues

2. Get out the flashes, deputize some CIC staff, and announce to stop fucking around so we can get the OP started already. Most people would be sensible enough to not make breifing longer than it has to be

3. That's a simple one, I'd tell him that he's being a detriment to the OP and if he doesn't stop I'm within my rights to mark for insub, get MPs to arrest for desertion, and inevitably execute him for said desertion. If he continues I'd set an aSL and go through with what I promised.
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    Mapper since 12/29/2020

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, Nathon? This man is a certified XO main that exceptionally leads the marines and the CIC. He knows exactly how the chain of command works. Nathon is a fun XO to play with and he does the job well done.
    One thing that I have learned as CO is that we need to learn on how to farm salt. Most times, operation failures and fuck ups will be blamed on you and some marines will try to do anything at their reach to overthrow you in mutinies. Just watch out with actions and make sure the marines are calmed down if situations like these happen, and if you can't do nothing to calm them down, your MPs will follow your order until their last breath as they are bound to ALWAYS obey you unless you breach Marine Law.

Anyways, I will be leaving a POSITIVE vote. It will be a pleasure to have you in the CO channel.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    about damn time u applied big +1, one of the best XO players we've had in ages and genuinely cares about improving the round experience for everyone

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    about damn time u applied big +1, one of the best XO players we've had in ages and genuinely cares about improving the round experience for everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Kleiner View Post
    Oh, Nathon? This man is a certified XO main that exceptionally leads the marines and the CIC. He knows exactly how the chain of command works. Nathon is a fun XO to play with and he does the job well done.
    One thing that I have learned as CO is that we need to learn on how to farm salt. Most times, operation failures and fuck ups will be blamed on you and some marines will try to do anything at their reach to overthrow you in mutinies. Just watch out with actions and make sure the marines are calmed down if situations like these happen, and if you can't do nothing to calm them down, your MPs will follow your order until their last breath as they are bound to ALWAYS obey you unless you breach Marine Law.

Anyways, I will be leaving a POSITIVE vote. It will be a pleasure to have you in the CO channel.
    tank u guys
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    Mapper since 12/29/2020