User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why have certain devs stopped interacting with the community?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why have certain devs stopped interacting with the community?

Title.

I can remember Bobatnight arguing with Vampmare in discord at one point and Vampmare completely shutting him down for "reasons." Even when Bob had actual good points.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two theories. One very negative and one fairly positive.

Negative will get me infraction, positive will be too good to be true.

Truth isn't certain and/or will be branded as "toxic".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally it's because the community as a whole has a limited view of things, and the community can be somewhat toxic. One only has to look at deadchat or discord to usually see someone shitting on the devs. So it's understandable why they may limit their interactions on discord.

If you wanna make suggestions. It's best to gitlab it.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Generally it's because the community as a whole has a limited view of things, and the community can be somewhat toxic. One only has to look at deadchat or discord to usually see someone shitting on the devs. So it's understandable why they may limit their interactions on discord.

If you wanna make suggestions. It's best to gitlab it.
    Yeah the community can be assholes against devs. It's up to the devs to ignore the people who shit on them for no reason, but gitlab often can't fit all the discussion about the game's mechanics, balance, etc.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gitlab is useless, that is all

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    Yeah the community can be assholes against devs. It's up to the devs to ignore the people who shit on them for no reason, but gitlab often can't fit all the discussion about the game's mechanics, balance, etc.
    True, but Devs shouldn't feel like they have to explain stuff over discord during one on one discussions, I imagine it gets tedious trying to explain mechanics and reasons for things over and over again.

Townhall should be the place to address things regarding mechanics and choices if it's something you can't do in github.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a two way street, sometimes its like me and being the front face manager people talk with.

Sometimes if people aren't jerks about it and bring up valid points, ether we can agree to disagree, or I look into things.

If someone wants to be a toxic asshole, they're gonna get a toxic response.
    I've told people fuck off before, and you get treated the way you treat someone.

Developers are tired of "UR GAME SUCKS" or "XYZ SUCKS U NEED FIX"
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not like the devs ever explained their odd changes to the game

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    True, but Devs shouldn't feel like they have to explain stuff over discord during one on one discussions, I imagine it gets tedious trying to explain mechanics and reasons for things over and over again.

Townhall should be the place to address things regarding mechanics and choices if it's something you can't do in github.
    I still think having a community liason/manager for the devs would be a good idea. Someone to talk with the devs on a weekly/biweekly basis to discuss the changes the devs are making, why they are making them, and then explain to the community why those changes are being made. It'd cut down on a lot of confusion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    I still think having a community liason/manager for the devs would be a good idea. Someone to talk with the devs on a weekly/biweekly basis to discuss the changes the devs are making, why they are making them, and then explain to the community why those changes are being made. It'd cut down on a lot of confusion.
    We had townhalls for this reason, its just been put on hold because well global pandemic has effected the only person who was hosting them. They planned on doing a not a townhall townhall but that was cancelled because of other RL issues.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids