User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why have certain devs stopped interacting with the community?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    We had townhalls for this reason, its just been put on hold because well global pandemic has effected the only person who was hosting them. They planned on doing a not a townhall townhall but that was cancelled because of other RL issues.
    Town halls are okay, but they are too infrequent and disorganized imo. There are more than enough staff members that you guys could select ONE that gets along with most of the devs and most of the community to be a liason between the two.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Often times it's random nobodies being obnoxious and ghastly about stuff, I can only imagine absolutely nobody enjoys or wishes to read through that horseshit.

Some times this rubbed out on devs a little too hard, unfortunately, resulting in them lashing out against tge community and acting rather toxic in those given instances

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because this community is ridiculously toxic and cant see past their own nose, driving talented people who work free on their spare time away.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some devs are just burnt out with the waves of asses saying everything they do sucks and that it thier fault. Honestly sometimes you just got to lean back and decompress. Otherwise it a tdm game that is closed source. You can’t fix anything and don’t have extact kknowledge why stuff is broken or how it works so they end like dogs barking through a window and you just want them to shut up for once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Developers are tired of "UR GAME SUCKS" or "XYZ SUCKS U NEED FIX"
    Basically this.

No-one wants to just talk to devs. It's always about the state of the game and "hey wouldnt it be cool if this was added" or "why did you do xyz, you retard? you complete nonce" and "could you look into the code and tell me how this mechanic works even though you had nothing to do with it?". It blows, and I hate seeing people say these things. If I were a dev, I'd literally only ever use my dev account for purposes of observing test rounds and use an alt to just play the game. No-one would constantly pester me with the above or treat my opinions like it's somehow reflective of the entire development cycle. The people who care the most about this game's meta/balance tend to be the most irritating and worst people to have to listen to, so overall I don't blame them for not wanting to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd guess it probably has something to do with how the Dev's think about talking to the community, look at the community, survival instinct kicks in, and they decide not to talk to the community.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because many of us are entitled trolls with no appreciation, courtesy or ability to form logical suggestions backed with reason.

Or they're busy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First: Devs aren't paid to develop this game.

Second: we had instances of players raiding Devs DM's for gitlab issues.

Three: Devs are under constant pressure from playerbase and the staff as it is because devs don't only code the gameplay, but also work on staff tools for us.

Four: They aren't required to interact with people, it's not a mandatory directive for them.

Five: For the same reason that some mods and admins burnt out from stress caused by the playerbase, devs can burn out as well.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah preople get pretty entitled.

I remember one time someone made a staff report against a dev for closing all of their gitlab suggestions and said the dev was discriminating against them or something.

As for thread title though: burn out. 90% of the time that's what it is, how quickly people burn out might change based on how shitty the community is being though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like the dev team to know that I love them even when I don't.