User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why have certain devs stopped interacting with the community?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Community: FUCK THIS SHIT I FUCKING HATE THE NEW UPDATE XENOS FUCKING OP MARINES FUCKING OP FUCK YOU DEVS FUCK YOU
    -Weeks later-
    Community: This isnt so bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    Community: FUCK THIS SHIT I FUCKING HATE THE NEW UPDATE XENOS FUCKING OP MARINES FUCKING OP FUCK YOU DEVS FUCK YOU
    -Weeks later-
    Community: This isnt so bad.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    I still think having a community liason/manager for the devs would be a good idea. Someone to talk with the devs on a weekly/biweekly basis to discuss the changes the devs are making, why they are making them, and then explain to the community why those changes are being made. It'd cut down on a lot of confusion.
    Yeah, it's a good idea. It's been proposed a lot honestly and could be a thing. Even if it's just someone updating a thread or wiki, which contains the usual generic answers which devs get thrown a lot.

But unfortunately, the wiki team is somewhat inactive and emeraldbloods old rule clarification thread showed that you need an active member of the community (forum wise at least) to handle such a task.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think having a community liason/manager for the devs would be a good idea. Someone to talk with the devs on a weekly/biweekly basis to discuss the changes the devs are making, why they are making them, and then explain to the community why those changes are being made. It'd cut down on a lot of confusion.
    I mean, it's not like devs are incapable of parsing the information a liaison could pass to them on their own. This 'disconnect' between the 'community' and the devs wasn't really born out of some sort of inability to understand them, but rather just no desire to give them credence. Just like the situation with Bobatnight and Vampmare, there's not really a 'discussion' or 'suggestions', it's mostly just two people arguing about a game design choice. I don't think a liaison will change that, just shift the aggression. Maybe instead of trying to change the target for players' rage boners, they should just learn to be more cordial and well... civil.

Quote Originally Posted by Just L
    Town halls are okay, but they are too infrequent and disorganized imo.
    Townhalls are called anywhere between three days to a week before they happen. If you really care that much, just cut out an hour of your day to be there, ask your questions, and listen to some answers. If you can't/don't attend, there's nothing to be done about that. I've attended (almost) every townhall and the discussion is always pretty straightforward. Usually people are cutting up and that'll derail it a bit, but all questions are answered (even the silly ones). Additionally, I'm not sure what you mean by "infrequent", since we've been doing them on close to the same day every month for the past five months (with the exception of this townhall, which was pushed a week forward what they usually tend to be) AT LEAST. How often should we be doing townhalls, do you think?

On top of that, there's discord which has dev-discussion, dev-announcements, and dev-blog to keep people in the loop. Maybe we had ought to try looking at that and posting some questions to regular users like we used to as well as a method of going into greater detail on specific concepts or decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Yeah, it's a good idea. It's been proposed a lot honestly and could be a thing. Even if it's just someone updating a thread or wiki, which contains the usual generic answers which devs get thrown a lot.

But unfortunately, the wiki team is somewhat inactive and emeraldbloods old rule clarification thread showed that you need an active member of the community (forum wise at least) to handle such a task.
    An FAQ would be great, actually.
    Last edited by Corocan; 05-12-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't think it would be that hard to have a single person or like 2-3 be a liason between the devs and the community. I don't think it'd be that hard to find people that are respected by the community and the devs. The discord only goes so far, and there are often changes that go undocumented or unexplained—the slug nerf being one of them, for example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because we're mostly a bunch of shitters who just complain about balance all the time. I wouldn't want to talk to us either.

Somewhat-kidding aside, I'd imagine because it tends to be a) constant questioning of every single change with little productive dialogue b) incredibly repetitive c) in whole a massive waste of time for people who are already setting aside personal time to do unpaid work. Even if something is a passion project for someone, it's really draining to continually talk to people who don't really want to just talk, usually about the same handful of questions you get day after day, and that's without the actual malicious/troll-y interactions factored in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rather devs not waste time trying to communicate with us, its a time better used coding new stuff instead, if they want feedback they can just read these forums or discord, theres always someone crying (giving feedback) about something.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't think it would be that hard to have a single person or like 2-3 be a liason between the devs and the community. I don't think it'd be that hard to find people that are respected by the community and the devs. The discord only goes so far, and there are often changes that go undocumented or unexplained—the slug nerf being one of them, for example.
    It's not that finding the said person is "hard" persay, it's just that, as with most community work, the novelty wears off for nearly all people and it becomes much more tedium and eventually comes to a standstill.

An FAQ for stuff regarding basic stuff which won't really change often like "Intended winrate" ect would be good and minimal effort really.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that finding the said person is "hard" persay, it's just that, as with most community work, the novelty wears off for nearly all people and it becomes much more tedium and eventually comes to a standstill.

An FAQ for stuff regarding basic stuff which won't really change often like "Intended winrate" ect would be good and minimal effort really.
    Could always have people cycle through it. They're a volunteer anyway, so it's not like they need to keep doing it as if it is their job. Hell, I'll volunteer for it if the devs ever want to do it. I play both sides and don't tolerate bullshit from either side.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the community is trash and 99% of people have no concept of balance at all and whine about everything.