User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does it fell marines are getting more robust?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it fell marines are getting more robust?

It feels like marines are getting smarter, more robust, more ganging up and stacking those buckshots. That or at least the good players are getting smarter and grouping up instead of ramboing. Hard to tell but what you all think about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hot take: robust has no meaning in CM13. Well, not the same meaning it has to most of the rest of the SS13 servers.

To be robust is to push the mechanics of the game to the limit and bend them to your will in creative and generally unheard of ways. CM13 is intrinsically about "the meta", meaning that the vast, vast majority of its players are not robust. They might be good at killing ayys with PBs or epic dancer instakills, but that's not really robust. I generally don't see marines push mechanics to their limits because CM13 isn't really as "free" as most other servers are in terms of their mechanics. Devs generally don't like the concept of their projects being used in ways they did not anticipate and will sometimes patch them or change them somehow to prevent such occurrences.

As for whether or not marines are getting better, I don't really see much difference most games. I've never really felt like the good marines rambo to be honest. Good marines almost always work in pairs or trios. Personally that's the way I've always seen it, not just recently. If a single marine is wrecking xenos, it's usually because the xenos are bad, not because the marine is good. Xenos just have too many tools in their belt to deal with solo marines that they die to them very often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imo the ratio of vets and newbies is constant, there no such thing as marines getting suddenly robust or that xenos are suddenly bald after 5 years of CM, its all game balance, we all love to meme xenos bad but marine side has way more bad than good it just drowns in the numbers (just look at the other supressive fire/cade hugging memes lol), we had topics like these in the past, its all game balance, u can never achieve balance, one side is always stronger, devs just rotate which one is, and sometimes things change for a brief moment after an update as some vets come to try it.
    Last edited by Cimo; 05-12-2020 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not at all..

observe the average group of marines fighting at a choke on a round at 14:00 if they aren't at FOB.

they will not push when a queen is heavily injured and limping, they will shoot each other, HEDP each other, etc.

Ninety percent of medics will either have no idea when or what to give peridaxon, how to "treat" organ damage temporarily, patch people up quickly, etc.

Most SLs are trash and can't lead, most of the good players die in the first charge imo, because they don't want to be stuck cadehugging on a 2-3 hour long round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Devs tried to change them meta with cadehugging, but I'm not seeing any change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Average marine is a fucking brainlet
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    Average marine is a fucking brainlet
    Can confirm, last two rounds a runner/lurker jumped me, and 100iq baldy decided to help me via shooting my face out with a pulse rifle whilst the runner/lurker was slashing me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not in the slightest. There are still robust individual marines, but where they used to be supported by mediocre/bald marines that could at least shoot stunned/critted xenos it's now mostly either smartscope carbine users who can't aim and can't kill anything if they do land hits because carbines are weak, or it's marines who know that PB is meta but aren't any good with shotguns and/or are trying to use them without a pump macro.

It's weird, but despite the meth button + acid spray combo being nominally way more risky than cover-peeking with spit and the proliferation of PB meta, I feel safer now skirmishing against large groups of marines than I ever have before. Most players can't hit jack shit reliably without burst-spraying pulse rifles or SMGs, so the marine meta shifting to single-shot weapons really helps xeno survivability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my years of playing the game, I have noticed that marines are much more likely to be able to surround and buckshot spam you than in days past. I sorta feel like it's more mechanics tweaks than more robust marines tho.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos had all their CC nerfed. They cant stun anymore. Marines realize this and know that if 5 of them charge 1 xeno the xeno cant stop them all. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out.