User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does it fell marines are getting more robust?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Marines realize this and know that if 5 of them charge 1 xeno the xeno cant stop them all.
    Even when neuro was a one-shot stun, this was always true lol. In fact, with the present day changes to sent(airburst and scatterspitter being geared towards slowing down multiple targets at once), this is less true now than it was then!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CC nerf's have made the whole meta worse. Now buckshot is even more OP than it already was (when wasn't it?).

The funny thing is the stupidly low tackle chance probably lead to perma-nesting being a thing, as if tackle wasn't garbage tier 1 xenos could guard nests rather than having to plonk warriors there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I'll post it here since this is a similar question to the one asked in the marine board:

In the past 7 days we have had (about) 77 true rounds.
    30 of those were xeno majors. (~39%)
    5 of those were xeno minors. (~6%)
    39 of those were marine majors. (~50%)
    1 was a marine minor. (~1%)
    2 were draws. (SD major, akin to a xeno minor almost. You could logically lump this into xeno minor if you wanted.) (~3%)

Xeno winrate is ~45% (~48% if you included SDs)
    Marine winrate is ~51%
    percentages are rounded so small amounts are truncated.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    So, I'll post it here since this is a similar question to the one asked in the marine board:

In the past 7 days we have had (about) 77 true rounds.
    30 of those were xeno majors. (~39%)
    5 of those were xeno minors. (~6%)
    39 of those were marine majors. (~50%)
    1 was a marine minor. (~1%)
    2 were draws. (SD major, akin to a xeno minor almost. You could logically lump this into xeno minor if you wanted.) (~3%)

Xeno winrate is ~45% (~48% if you included SDs)
    Marine winrate is ~51%
    percentages are rounded so small amounts are truncated.
    I would like to see those numbers with low pop removed. Pyotr, Shep, and BSP get on and whip marines ass at low pop and skew the numbers like crazy. I doubt xenos are anywhere near 50% without low pop.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not from what I have seen, especially in terms of medics

I had a guy oded on 109u inna yesterday, two medics shove me down cause they were "healing" a guy with a broken heart (I was trying to do surgery), a few people ask who I am and to get on the ground (pvt arresting synth? Lol) , and constant dragging away of marines I am trying to revive.

In a sea of medics on Soro, I saw maybe one with a "nickname". The rest were suppper bald.

One medic told me to "fuck off hes dead asshole" when I kept taking an orange revive marine out of his medievac (???) And just defibbed him.

Another said a marine was undefibbable because he didnt know what the "armor interfering" message was.

If last night is any indication no way.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see those numbers with low pop removed. Pyotr, Shep, and BSP get on and whip marines ass at low pop and skew the numbers like crazy. I doubt xenos are anywhere near 50% without low pop.
    I found that devpost recently very fascinating and accurate.

They said that just 10 more larva at the beginning of the game made xeno winrates skyrocket. And that xenos win MOST games at high pop

The problem is that at low pop xenos do not get filled. So you have 5-10 less xenos to slow the marines down.

It was interesting as hell
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the cause of that Winrate ?.The Shotgun, the easiest, most satisfying and core weapon of the marine meta currently. As a player that rolls both sides, marine and Xeno with the occasional Predator, the shotgun is a love-hate relationship. I love it as the marine, but hate it as the Xeno.

The Shotgun is a weapon that will always be useful to you planetside, it will always get you out of a tough situation or put a xenomorph in one. While many may say that the shotgun is a weapon that gets countered by spitters and sentinels, I disagree, because of multiple reasons:

A xenomorph will always be at a numbers disadvantage against a marine, therefore 1v1 situations are not really that solid of an argument, not only that but considering the potential for the Xenomorph to make a slip-up during the duel and get PBed is much higher than that of a marine missing a PB. Therefore in a 1v4 situation which is most common when it comes to xeno vs marines or a 2v8, if at least one of those 4 or 2 of those 8 marines have a shotgun, the odds are heavily stacked against xenos, as a shotgun has the potential to stun, leading to free damage and the body block potential, a PB near a group of marines will most often than not lead to a kill for any T1 or T2 with the exception of Carriers and Hivelords as they are Macro-focused T3s and treated as such.

Not only that but marines can have their body found and defibbed, in the case one xeno dies to take out one marine, the xeno effectively sacrificed itself for nothing.

One may say Shotguns are only useful for runners, lurkers and warriors, but that is also untrue, the shotgun is the perfect weapon, while it has limited range, xenomorphs need to get close to deal damage, therefore nulifying any sort of drawback the shotgun may have. It Deals tremendous damage to Ravagers, Praetorians, Boilers, Crushers, Queen anything and anyone, while you may die using a shotgun against a Hedgehog ravager, that damage stays and allows other marines to pick up from there and kill the retreating ravager, netting a kill at the expense of a marine life... if any.

Due to the new recent changes to Xenomorphs, stun combat, which helped a lot against shotgunners was replaced for a more.... MOBA-like style, with abilities, cooldowns, passives and a requirement for more team-oriented combat. Well yes, now Xenomorphs learn to play together and have a better time against shotguns, right ? Wrong.

Xenomorphs grouped up together leave them more liable to explosives, grenades, body blocking, fire, CAS, OB and in general it makes marine shots land easier and deal more damage. This sort of team-oriented combat favours marines far more than it favours xenomorphs, HEFA Grenades, HEDP, Rockets, CAS, Mortar, OB, Flak, Fire, all those things are AOE, while the Xenos have little reliable AOE, with only the boiler and Ravager.

Xenos at this very moment count on marines to make mistakes in order to win, if marines play decently and do more good than bad, even if there's a carrier making 20+ captures, they will still lose (Yes I know this from experience).

#RemovePBStun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To quote Neth:

"Xenos lose 95% during low pop when round start numbers are low. They usually lose with 20-30 larva still in the pool."

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    To quote Neth:

"Xenos lose 95% during low pop when round start numbers are low. They usually lose with 20-30 larva still in the pool."
    Maybe im wrong but that isnt what i was seeing last week. Xenos were destroying marines every round unless the gamers went to marine side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest way to troll xenos is to snipe the spawn pool until it breaks or just solo the queen