User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does it fell marines are getting more robust?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines are still brainlet as fuck.

Just yesterday as an Elder Queen with an Elder Prae, Mature Crusher, Elder Spitter and a couple runners we wiped out about 30 marines in a single engagement because they kept coming in groups of 3-4 like morons and would immediately panic and try to leave their already stunned comrades.

If marines didn't have hand-holding with defibs and revival in general, they wouldn't stand a chance because the most complex tactic they're capable of is murder balling until the xenos eventually fall underneath the tide of shotgunners.

I love all the people screeching about how praes and ravagers are OP as fuck right now and how the devs keep buffing them and yet we regularly have chains of marine majors just as often as xeno majors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines are getting better, slowly, but yes, mainly due the fact of xenos such as the Ravager being overpowered, either a marine learn how to improve and use a bit of strategy when fighting 4 Ravagers or he will die every fucking round. About the medics, a good part of the medic mains are pretty good, majority of the people who complains about them are self-entitled ''robusts'' who prefer to throw themself at aliens without even thinking about the consequences, getting 600 brute damage besides ODing themself with meds and if a medic doesnt instantly revive them while having to take care of 5 bodies around, the medic is bald.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LynuahSororitas View Post
    Snip
    God this it too fucking true. The amount of times Johnny Robusto has screamed at me because I had to medevac him for having no functioning organs or un-broken bones left in his body is absurd. Shout out to everyone who can tolerate playing medic for extended periods of time.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    Hot take: robust has no meaning in CM13. Well, not the same meaning it has to most of the rest of the SS13 servers.

To be robust is to push the mechanics of the game to the limit and bend them to your will in creative and generally unheard of ways. CM13 is intrinsically about "the meta", meaning that the vast, vast majority of its players are not robust. They might be good at killing ayys with PBs or epic dancer instakills, but that's not really robust. I generally don't see marines push mechanics to their limits because CM13 isn't really as "free" as most other servers are in terms of their mechanics. Devs generally don't like the concept of their projects being used in ways they did not anticipate and will sometimes patch them or change them somehow to prevent such occurrences.

As for whether or not marines are getting better, I don't really see much difference most games. I've never really felt like the good marines rambo to be honest. Good marines almost always work in pairs or trios. Personally that's the way I've always seen it, not just recently. If a single marine is wrecking xenos, it's usually because the xenos are bad, not because the marine is good. Xenos just have too many tools in their belt to deal with solo marines that they die to them very often.
    I love our devs, but i have to agree with you, if our devs were making quake, rocket jumping would have never become a thing for more than a day or so