User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Marines getting better? Or are xenos getting balder?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Marines getting better? Or are xenos getting balder?

Have we reached the point where we should admit that xeno players by a large majority are...bald?

Not so much because you arent sweaty, but it is because you think you should be sweaty.

Look at the hive now:
    • Queens are mute or dont know how to play against the marines.
    • Xenos think their sole purpose in life is to 1v5 people when they should be hunting in packs
    • Greedy kills
    • Not securing key kills
    • Queens de-oviing way too early once again
    • Hive not knowing how to spread their numbers to avoid bodyblock
    • Hive not getting enough ground control, or even trying
    • Hive not being smart and thinks unga dunga is the way of the xeno and not a Delta PFC.

I mean sure you complain about shotguns being too OP but really, now you are complaining marines are flanking? They should be banned for flanking?
    Cading is...CHEESE? What? Strategic/tactical cades in key points are cheese? What are resin structures then?
    Why is it that some of the xeno players complain that resin are useless because they dont do anything but when marines do the same tactic on them it's cheese.

So unga dunga metarush is dumb low iq and marines do that to win.
    Then marines try to slow down and play cade tactics it's cheese.
    Tactical flanks are bannable offense.

Really, should we come and accept that xenos in general have become bald?

In the old days, queens or some xeno players have to think and outsmart the marines, and secure really good marine salt. Now it is the marines and the new COs thinking new things to beat the xenos.

Heck I remember when Vitoras was playing queen he just spits on marines and fights marines to the death even when he is losing, down to 10 xenos, and still have xeno major.

Have xenos in general stop innovating ideas and instead trust on their sweaty fingers to win?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah some matches feel like most xenos just care about getting *epic* kills. The amount of xenos i saw dying trying to get low-priority kills (like a rav chasing some random marine that was almost dead and getting dabbed on by plasteel)
    They just seem to be too focused on getting kills than to advance the hive with caps and good strategy, like runners that frontline and try to take on cades (basically using all roles the same way).

Also i love the contrast of this thread with the one on the hive : Xenos are getting bald/Marines are getting stronger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to stop looking at Xenos. Xenos have already received an update which raised the skill floor and ceiling and kicked out the onetricks like BOO. It's marines' turn. Just as the Xeno playerbase was forced to improve after ABC meta got destroyed, now the Marine playerbase must be forced to improve once FOB meta is destroyed. Too many people fear for their virtual lives and care for their virtual victories in this stupid fucking game.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't really noticed a huge change, but there have been some shifts. It's same old-same old where a lot of the baldest players gravitate towards queen or snatch up T3 slots that they do nothing with, "Young Runner XX-123 has died at FOB", &c.

Like Destrok said, the difference is that xenos skill requirement has been raised, so older braindead approaches that relied solely on being able to take hits and slash, combined with marine equipment and meta reinforcing the "lose five guys then hide in FOB for 2 hours until nuke" mindset, means that xenos generally have an easier time staying afloat but a harder time winning, in large part because it's more difficult for a core group of competent players to carry a fight.

I play predominantly spitter and hivelord when I'm xeno, so I'll use that as an example. Back in the days of one-hit neuro, it was dead simple to make things easier for xenos who maybe weren't the most robust. You catch a marine out of position and neuro them, even a bald xeno can run up and slash them. Even after the neuro change you could pull similar stunts, and acid spit melting cades also made things easier for the team as a whole without needing much active cooperation or shared competence. Now? Now as a spitter you can't reliably capture because no neuro, so you're either solo-killing or you're coordinating with another competent xeno or two. Most of the good plays I'm making now are ones where I pop my meth button so that I can run out with a rav, warrior, or prae to use my acid spray to set up their own abilities. Higher skill ceiling, but also a higher skill floor, which means that if you don't have a competent teammate around your overall contribution is lower.

Hivelord's same as always, just even more so. A good hive is always better than a bad hive, but it helps a good team much more than a bad team and it's more difficult for a team as a whole to be good now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Dice View Post
    I haven't really noticed a huge change, but there have been some shifts. It's same old-same old where a lot of the baldest players gravitate towards queen or snatch up T3 slots that they do nothing with, "Young Runner XX-123 has died at FOB", &c.

Like Destrok said, the difference is that xenos skill requirement has been raised, so older braindead approaches that relied solely on being able to take hits and slash, combined with marine equipment and meta reinforcing the "lose five guys then hide in FOB for 2 hours until nuke" mindset, means that xenos generally have an easier time staying afloat but a harder time winning, in large part because it's more difficult for a core group of competent players to carry a fight.
    Agree. In the good old salt days, tackle spam, hugger combat, nuero spam were mainstay crutches. All of those tactics have been removed and replaced with much more difficult xeno gameplay and the armor changes. Even though xenos have been empowered, marines have mostly kept up in terms of firepower.

Also frankly, most rounds the marines outnumber xenos 3 to 1, at some point even the best xeno players can get overwhelmed.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the whole playerbase is bad not just xenos, marines literally have a gitlab saying "we suck so you should remove hedgehog cause we will never be good enough to fight it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Just don't shoot the rav while it's running in slashing everyone, lol"

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines are getting balder while xenos are actually balanced now, but really overpowered weapons like the SADAR and buck shotty are still in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When marines are winning it is about being skilled, when they are losing it is about xenos being overpowered,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So to sum it, marines arent getting better. It is the xenos that are getting balder and balder.

I mean, fair point the new MOBA update requires some getting used to and to understand, but how many has actually understood the new MOBA mechanics that well yet. Just curious.

But I dont think we can place a lot of blame on new mechanics when the xenos keep on making silly mistakes, and the queen not managing her hive well. I think some frontline xenos are becoming reckless and are falling to cheap tricks and ganks by marines. How many of you have actually noticed this.

Also Destork, I mean not arguing that marines don't need to improve but I see a lot of xenos complain about silly things and more so than marines now, which makes me worried cause I see a xeno hive turned to a new direction.