User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Marines getting better? Or are xenos getting balder?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't understand why xenos hate capture hives.
    Seriously a couple months ago I saw DinoBubba7 do a CAPTURE ONLY hive and he had 60 xenos at one point on a 250 player pop of trident.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I still don't understand why xenos hate capture hives.
    Seriously a couple months ago I saw DinoBubba7 do a CAPTURE ONLY hive and he had 60 xenos at one point on a 250 player pop of trident.
    Most xenos hate capture hives since they don't have particularly great tools to do them with. Tackles are RNG, warrior lunge is buggy, only defender tail sweep (which just got nerfed) and Sentinel neuro are capable of doing guaranteed stuns, and only the Sentinel can keep a marine locked down long enough to easily apply a hugger.

Also people don't like playing carrier any more due to all the nerfs to huggers.

Personally, I think it's entirely possible to do hives with lots of captures, any time I roll queen I regularly hit 40+ xenos.

The game's mechanics don't support having a lot of xenos though, since evolve and maturation times get slow as fuck the longer the round goes on due to lag, and are only further slowed down by having lots of xenos.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it's boring as fuck and all your abilities let you murder 36362727 marines solo while you can only cap a single person at a time

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole capture mechanics got changed up so capture hives are very rare. Now queens will cry 'get caps' but the really only good alien at capturing is warrior vs someone who doesnt know to resist. Otherwise tacklebanging someone to death is required or you need 50 sents neurospamming someone to hell and back. Hell i remember when I went crusher and got like 5 or so captures with the run over+stomp on them and then literally bullied marines by just dragging their friends away. Greatest shit ever but current crusher would have alot harder time doing it becuase they are so bloody slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once had 81 xenos as Queen on LV, pre XSS

with that out of the way,

capturing is gay and not fun and a shit gameplay loop
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh making the game more like WO would probably be better as capturing wouldnt be critical and marines can have there infnite kill streaks and be the badass while xenos get to be the faceless horde ripping and tearing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now nests can only be made next to queen in ovi, so if you capture someone you have to transport them all the way back to hive, They'll probably die on the way there or escape and start shotgunning. Capturing is also difficult because tackle seems to fail most of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think capture only nests are perfectly feasible. The issue is xeno players murdering viable captures. I saw a perfect example of this yesterday, during a Trijent Dam round. There were two lurkers and two runners harassing the aerodome south of the LZ, and they were tackling, slashing, and dragging marines away. But instead of getting something like 6 captures out of the whole thing, myself included, they opted to drag all the marines halfway to engineering then slash them to death there instead. Several marines ended up being rescued because the xenos went for the kills instead of the captures.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The entire playerbase collectively has lost braincells
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    The entire playerbase collectively has lost braincells
    i can testify have lost braincells by playing this game.
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart