User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are Marines getting better? Or are xenos getting balder?

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've lost much more than braincells, I fear.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a round where Xenos were down to seven on prison, and marines had around eighty, and the xenos managed to force a mass route and evac because marines had no cades.

Yes that's right.

The 10 Xenos got wiped shipside vs around 45 marines but still this is some weaponized unga.

This game makes me want to go hang out outside.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really qualified to talk to this topic as i only have played from 2018.
    So heres my thought.
    While i am almost never heard off and probably nobody even recognize me remotely until today. I do have a lot of experiences from playing xeno and marines.

To start it off. i'll talk about my least favourite part of the game. And that would be that xeno generally just never feel right. Despite only making 13% of the playercount they can somehow win. that's not Really what should happen. But that is what seemingly does. And it's only now that Good Xeno main goes away. It's with that we have a noticable decrease in round quality.

Marines have multiple ways to win a round. Yes i can understand that marines have a whole lot of trial to go through before finally winning. but even with that in mind.
    It doesn't mean marines alway win either. Marines have not many fun way to play. People get hated for cadehugging. Which is something i strongly do not understand.
    It is not fun, Depend on who's saying that. Cadehugging is very hard to do, With the new addition of 10 Metals per Cade(Which i find retarded)
    We have been playing cm13 way before i even knew how to speak english and why is it that we care about marines actually having to find a way around the fact retreating is not an option. (Because you have nowhere to run to) With that out of the way. I'm still waiting for the day SO can put markers for where marines go to. like in natural selection 2) I do believe that we will get better once SS14 CM become a thing.(Read: Potentially higher players caps and less lag)
    What we can do meanwhile is not cry or pray it get better. We must not give up hope on our community even if it get worse. It is because of our Beautiful service providers and because of our hard working proletrian developers who scrape by day and code by night to make our map and gameplay better.
    it is because of us. that we have CM13.

Xeno Are indeed getting worse.
    Marines are getting less fun to play.
    So Until there's any new update to make CM13 fun again i do not have much i can say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My theory simply is just that good xenos players have just stopped playing the game.

It'd explain the massive wave of noob queens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a "player politics" thread. It's sort of unsurprising that most "player politics" threads come from the perspective of marine players.
    The game requires many more marine players (at least in its current state.)

It also seems like a large portion of the CM playerbase basically want to be action movie heroes. I think the average player's first instinct on connecting to CM is not so much "I am about to play a competitive video game" but rather "I am about to live out my action movie fantasy, so naturally I will choose to play as The Good Guys™."

This mindset naturally sets you up for disappointment, and campaigning for the enemy team to be turned into cannonfodder by the coders won't give you what you're looking for--instead it will just make the game shitty. You have to change your mindset instead.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoliathTheDespoiler View Post
    My theory simply is just that good xenos players have just stopped playing the game.

It'd explain the massive wave of noob queens.
    Xenos are overall harder to play now, but marines haven't been brought up to that level just yet. I think the problem is that people aren't interested in playing xeno to try and get good since a competent marine will shit stomp basically every xeno they come across until they end up fighting someone as good or better than them, and with how hyper-lethal it is for xenos to engage in combat with marines (due to PB buck) newer players don't really get a chance to learn how to play, they just get memed on.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines are the new easy mode

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xeno are getting balder since permanest because they dont have to think anymore...
    who need to think anyway with the new moba xenos?
    just set all your xeno skills on macro and roll your head on the keyboard!!!!

also, no one care to cap with moba xeno balance.
    and finaly the current meta right now is either murheen major meta rush in 20 minute
    or xeno major meta rush in 20 minute.

and this suck!

moba xeno are bad, and the current meta need external anti meta rush system to be enforced....

-Mira
    Mira.jpg
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 06-26-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    xeno are getting balder since permanest because they dont have to think anymore...
    who need to think anyway with the new moba xenos?
    just set all your xeno skills on macro and roll your head on the keyboard!!!!

also, no one care to cap with moba xeno balance.
    and finaly the current meta right now is either murheen major meta rush in 20 minute
    or xeno major meta rush in 20 minute.

and this suck!

moba xeno are bad, and the current meta need external anti meta rush system to be enforced....

-Mira
    Mira.jpg
    Last time they tried anti rush anything everyone threw a shitfit. So yea doubt the admins want to just hear people moan that they got boinked for rushing the hive 5 minutes from drop. THEN AGAIN...

The metarushing by marines have also pushed the meta of screw cading, they literally have no fall back point or give a shit on one. When fallback points exist which arent crap the game usally lasts longer, and by that usally a marine major becuase aliens cant go long game unless nub marines feed aliens caps.

Which an other problem is inability to capture making aliens only option to rush or die, and it going to get worse with maturation gone meaning they don't get even a little edge for late game. Give aliens a reliable way to capture(won't happen as most ways to capture require perma stunning and only one exists now, queen neuro spam) and aliens can last long. Oh and devs don't want games really going beyond an hour or two anyway, guess becuase lag and becuase it gets boring for the ghosts but it does lower the chances of comebacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People desperately ignoring the elephant in the room and just screaming "BALD BALD BALD BALD!!!!1111". Yeah man xeno players are actually dumb and bad not like us glorious Delta PFC 3 Buckshot-Shotgun mains. It's totally nothing to do with mechanics or balance, it's actually all about the players being bad, not that turning every round into a speedrun might been a bad idea.

Gee who would've thunk that putting the entire weight of the xeno team on Prae, Crusher and Ravager would be bad when there can be only a couple of them each, who would've thonk that putting the onus on 6~ xenos would lead to the team without 150 players losing.

Truly a mistery.