Byond ID?
    LynuahSororitas.

Marine Name
    Elzbieta ''Mist'' Brygida.

Other Whitelist Applications
    Any.

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Azure

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Synthetics cant arm other humans due its programming but there are exceptions in occasions innocent lives or synthetic are at risk, this gives several conditions: If the threat is non-human or from an hostile faction who opposes the USCM the synth have the right to subdue or kill the threat in extreme situations. A CLF member for example trying to destroy the unit or another marine should be subdued/neutralized. A marine fighting another marine should be neutralized but not killed if not required. Someone threating the life of the synth should also be subdued or neutralized.

Synthetic Character Story
    Not a greater writer but here it goes: Initialization protocols activated... (10%) (25%) (60%) (100%) ...

All the systems nominal.

You can see Azure, a third generation synthetic with a relatively pale skin tone, made of refined material, it was designated to help Hadley's Hope colonists in their efforts and researching, at least its what she remember before being shutdown..

Now Azure is in one of the old labs in Acheron, full of holes in your memories, as said before, she only remember vague memories of when she was being shut down by the researchers. She find herself with her classic suit and labcoat in a totally empty place, no noises, nothing. A place that used to have so much specimens to study and people to help.
    She see herfelse locked inside of it, she tries to open the door of the lab but its locked, no power, no lights, no bodies.. everyone disappeared suddenly, everything Azure wanted was answers until she saw something moving from the dark corners of the lab slowly, it had a pure dark skin just like the skies of Acheron without stars, she never saw a specimen like that, its anatomy was perfect designed from what she could see, but she couldnt recognize it as a local fauna but something she never saw in any database. ''If at least the researchers were here.. we could improve our knowledge about this moon so much!'' she would think.

Azure would tug her collar as she continues observing the curious creature, truth may be told she was really fascinated and wanted to get closer to examine it, but her self preservation is more important after all, her curiosity for biology could lead her direct to an hostile fauna so she just got behind a table while the specimen walked completely out of the darkness, it was unique, bipedal, large tails: ''Exoskeleton? Perhaps.. so many options, remind me of lizards I saw in a experimental lab on one of my deployments, I need to keep all the data and details I have for the researchers.''
    Suddenly the creature saw Azure mumbling to herself and writing in a sheet of paper, the specimen started to slowly walk to her as Azure start to see what really happened in the lab, blood going out of the vents and scratches in the walls.. there was nothing se could do there to stop it, perhaps trying to communicate or understand the thing.
    She could feel the specimen getting closer to her, as she slowly retreats back to the end of the table

Azure could only hear a big loud noise and a lot of lights, she wasn’t understanding what just happened but what she couldnt think is that things would soon get clear.

Azure slowly stand up and see the creature with a giant hole in its hergonomic head on the floor while a hand lands in her shoulder, she looks back and see a bunch of armed buffons with blue stripes in their uniforms.. it was too confuse until their supposed leader yelled out loud: ''We are here for you tin can, you come with us.'' The marines arrived.

Memory archive ended...

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Not quite unique but a I though in a Synth fascinated for nature and biology, especifically for humans, from their way to think and act to their pure anatomy and how they are able to overpass critical situations.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I used to play in Old CM, during the Sulaco's time, sadly I lost my account and was far from the SS13 community for a long time, I used to only play as engineer, not only here but in other servers. I played most of my time playing Bravo SL and almost always had to help my engineers on FoB buildings and I feel confident on my skills.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I mainly play as SL and SO or XO when it is available, during my experience I can coordinate well the people who depend on me and I think a lot of people already gone under my command during either good or bad leads, but I always seek to improve through my failures.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    While not playing much in the medical area, I have a wide knowledge about support areas as I used to play on Baystation and other servers, although I mainly play as SL (Building FoBs or helping wounded with what I have on hand) and rarely Combat Medic to increase my general skills. If I am needed to operate a surgery, I would do it without mistakes, lets be honest, it just all about a sequence of steps you take with the right tools in hand that varies on the condition of the patient, knowing that, you know surgery

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Probably my less developed area, I already played on Requisitions but not for a long time, I do know how it works and as I said, I am a SL main and always to need to supply my whole squad by vending the Squad Req and coordinating with the RO groundside.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    As a fan of the Aliens universe and a active player of Colonial Marines, I always liked the way Synths can be game changing and immersive with the necessity of bringing a different style to play, either roleplaying or serving as something marines can depend on during the operation. I also seek to expand my experience and learn new roles and ways to play the game, and playing Synth is a hell of a way to do that.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    Yes, EORG. Shooting a wall and a PFC gone through it. My mistake, kinda dumb but I learned my lesson about unloading my gun on a wall end round.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    Negative.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I dont think so, I am not that creative but I hope my story satisfies the minimum requirement.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is a good start but not long enough. The story also had some bad grammatical issues. (Now Azure is in one of the old labs in Acheron, full of holes in your(???) memories, as said before, she only remember(s) vague memories (so her memories? or the readers? What?). It also failed to provide any examples of how your synth will interact and behave.

Going to need to see you play surgery/command etc. I agree with you it's not hard. But even knowing the order you are going to end up trying to put a gas mask and internals on a patient in the OR and have someone lose it.

Quirk is not a Quirk. How does your love of nature and biology manifest as you play? Are you just going to babble about human anatomy constantly?

It's said to death but alas, review some of the previous applications and retry.

Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm aware that I wasn't able to provide any pointers for your story due to some issues out of my control before you posted your application.

I've seen you play SL as a Synthetic and I can most certainly vouch for your ability to do Command and to an extent, Construction. I understand that you main SL, but during the application process, it is HIGHLY recommended that you showcase your skill and your competency to other players and other Synthetics in other departments, such as playing Doctor/CMO or playing RO for Medical and Cargo respectively.

As for your personality, it is imperative that you explain how your interest for biology will play into roleplay as a Synthetic; that's why a story is used to demonstrate it in a creative fashion. But, I believe that this application is redeemable, seeing that you claim to have sufficient competency in all the support departments in CM, and that you, at the very least, understand Synthetic characters and combat guidelines.

I understand that I'm not council, but I recommend that you write a dialogue for me and for other Synthetic WLs of how your Synth may act during a conversation; doesn't have to be long, just enough to fully showcase your personality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do believe that being a Synth isnt all about having a good story but what the player really is, as Compy said in one application some time ago, anyway thanks for the constructive feedback, apreciate it. About the quirk, I was reading some approved whitelists and not only Kyra but other synths who have been approved had a quirk based on the fascination for something (In Kyra's case R&D) and I think there is no problem with it at all. About the conversation, I cant feel creating a artificial scenario as it already says, it would be artificial, real conversations that shows personality happens in the heat of combat groundside or in the cold quiet corners of Medbay when treating a fellow companion, I have learned this by playing, from leading demoralized men from a lost battle then having to comfort then to making speeches to boost our unity and playing cards in our free time in FoB, this cant be made up, it just happens and I think it applies to Synths the same way. But I will try my best to think in something. Thank you all for the attention and kindness!
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps you've misread that particular remark then, because for all the complains we have about the story system it is absolutely necessary to write a decent and passing story for a synthetic to give us an accurate view of how your synth acts and talks. And while Bearded was being a little blunt he is correct in his assesment.

You have all the time in the world to write a proper story and no reason not to proofread it and check it for grammatical and other errors.

I vaguely remember you playing certain squad roles. But never playing doctor, squad medic/engi, ot, ce etc.

This will likely get denied so I will take the opportunity to ask you to put in some time playing and mastering these roles and build up a bit of a rep for being a good and dependable support marine player for your next try.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't need to echo others here.

While I have seen you play a lot of SL, I have not seen you as a OT, Doctor, CT or shipside department heads. I do know you do good at Command.
    A story is highly neccesary so you can explain in-depth on how you will play your synthetic, how she will act and how she talks. Your story is good but it needs to be a little longer as it is not enough as of now.

You got good feedback with the application. Farm it and you will do a great synthetic once you get well known at support roles.
    If required, you can also ask for help to the #whitelist-app-help discord channel so we can read your story.

For now, It will be a NEGATIVE vote but you are in the right tracks.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, thanks for the help, just one more question, what is more advised, making a new story from the ground or just edit and expand the actual one?
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LynuahSororitas View Post
    Alright, thanks for the help, just one more question, what is more advised, making a new story from the ground or just edit and expand the actual one?
    Whatever suits you, just as long as it expands on your current synth's personality and showcases how you might play the character.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LynuahSororitas View Post
    I liked what you wrote, I would expand on that.

Others can correct me, but I believe the purpose of the story exists in place of "try outs". We cannot see how you will speak, act, or express yourself as a synth; so the story is supposed to be a stand in for it. I agree with what you said regarding stories but it's the system we have.

Expand on how your synth speaks, interacts.

And I agree that a fascination with something can be a quirk, but we do not currently see how it manifests. Please provide clarity on how it will be expressed. Will you be "distracted by a butterfly" and wander off? Talk about all the ligments in the human body while being a medic? Or simply spend all your time in research cutting on xenos.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have nothing else to add.
    Synthetic Senator