Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VegetaFH1 - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    vegetafh1

Player Name You Use Most?
    Gillian "Giga" Mancer

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Cant find the link (ask Remmy)

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Ive never been banned
    However i am coming off the back of a 3 day suspention for blowing up the OT lab (Remmy can attest to that)
    And to my knowledge i havent been banned or suspended before

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    To be frank i dont see much differance between Battlefield and regular execution, execution in any form should be held as a last resort, however if a marine or officer has shown that they cannot be trusted in any capacity, the an execution must take place for the benafit of the remaining marines and officers
    It should never be a show of force or for disiplining, but for when an element is to toxic to survive

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    My character (the one i only use) is a tough as nails asshole, So it would be the same attitude, give orders, dont take shit from anybody, tell an MP to arrest and if they resist, shoot them (non lethal first, lethal second) The REQ or Engineer.. or Marine, doesnt matter who, they all get the same treatment

That said, me personaly (as in my real self) i am a dictator when put in command of anything... that does sometimes come through in my characters (even in D&D) sooo i ask for your patients should i be approved

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    Simple, keep it all together, make sure nothing upsets the tracks that the operation is set for, be that blowing up half a city.. to making bullets, a command structure is needed at every turn
    Its why there is a chief engineer, a chief MP a Chief medical officer, thats why there is squad leaders and Req officers, there is no other reason
    Keep it working, keep it clean, keep it on track

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    Voice comms.......
    A commander needs more of a voice.. like, when briefing is going on, there is way to much chaos going on in Brief for the commander or captain to get a word in, the megaphone helps but its still drowned out by all the BS. That said, if you do approve me i can garenttee there wont be any of that

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    A differant kind of command structure
    One that actualy pays attention for a start

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    ...I tend to allow others speculat on that, personaly im not one for writing a backstory for a charactor unless i know im going to be spending time with em, Though, if this is a nagging point for the admins / mods, ill write something up

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put this on acid goop next time

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is NOT how it works at all, kamerad.

First you get well known as a good command player and roleplayer in-game.
    Second, the application.

Your answers are very concerning and I will list them here.

My character (the one i only use) is a tough as nails asshole, So it would be the same attitude, give orders, dont take shit from anybody, tell an MP to arrest and if they resist, shoot them (non lethal first, lethal second) The REQ or Engineer.. or Marine, doesnt matter who, they all get the same treatment
    Though there is no problem in being a strict CO, that behavior can end up very badly as you can be player reported and possibly disciplined in-game. You say that you will shoot anyone if they resist a lawful arrest if they are not taken down by non-lethals which clearly breaches Marine Law, you can't use lethals on someone if they do not lethally resist.

Your story is not a story.

This application clearly shows lack of effort. Grammar is bad too.

Seek help on the #whitelist-app-help discord channel and look at accepted and denied CO applications.

Until you can do that, I will be leaving a NEGATIVE vote.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While i cant say that im well known as a command player i have been told id make a good NCO by players in squads.. and while i dont always agree with em i do always feel that the marines ive led in squads have not only enjoyed it but get a sense of purpose from it (that.. oddly enough is very hard to express in words)

All that said, i agree that i should have got abit more known by the player base before doing this, although i would counter that by saying that there are rounds ive been apart of without any commanders at all, now i dont know if thats a lack of commanders or just bad luck but.. it really fucks everything

As for my attitude, i do agree that i personaly can take it to far.... ive pretty sure Remmy can attest to that aswell (sofia) ive pretty sure we have crossed paths in a bad way before... though my counter to that is simple, how do you stop someone hell bent on destroying other peoples fun....... you shoot the fucker, let the docters revive him and throw him in the brig, done
    As for the story.. or there lack of, i did say its not a story, if its required then i can actual make one, but i tend to lead by example so people actively seek out a past as to why im like that... thus leading to rumors, conspiricies.. and it adds to the character, now.. yes, i get it, that is LAZY AF and i realize that, thats why im saying if its needed ill write one

Also.. there is no lack of effort here, PLUS.. wtf with the grammar nazi bit, u dont want to insult me directly?
    And a final note, whats the point in looking up other applications? if im signing a form for something i wanna do..... im gonna sign it as me, not some other fuck, If the admins want to see who I am.. then I will be me, if i add some other fuckin shit in from someone elses application, why bother submit it at all, the admins and mods dont want to see some application they have already approved or denied, they are looking for the person who writes the application

Also WoT... sorry

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, that paragraph almost made me want to +1, I'm gonna be frank, but bottom line is CO can't breach marine law, nor can MPs, and ordering them to shoot people with lethals is assault with a deadly weapon and since you encouraged them to do it that is aiding and abetting. I cannot attest to your leadership skills but I can promise you player reports will be coming in if you breach marine law in such a grave manner.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have looked over your application and considered it strongly, going even as far as stepping outside my house during the pandemic to take a walk around it (my house is the size of five football fields so its a lot) and pet my french schnauzer (we got him from france a rare breed, at least a few thousand dollars) and I returned with a clear head and decided what I personally feel I should say about this application.

It is low effort, you would not last a second in the strategy room with other COs while discussing plans on how to counter the insurgency threat in the Herculis sector. I have not seen you once as an XO/SO so you'd likely crumple under the sheer peer pressure every Captain carries due to having little to no command experience. If that does not kill you i'd imagine you'd likely shoot yourself accidentally with your mateba as you also made it clear in your application you do not understand battlefield executions and its importance alongside its restrictions.

I direct you to my CO application which I spent at most seven weeks pondering and even spending my month's salary subscribing to nearly eight different online grammar services to ensure it was top quality and up to par with the other CO applicants during the time (the CO council led by Bancrose was very strict on grammar and having a well organized application prepared, there were also vocal in-game interviews). I also advise you look at other CO current applications, you can learn from them just as you learn from reading a book. And finally, play XO/SO more frequently before posting your application next time.

Until all that is done, I will be giving this a -1 . Our fleet already has our hands full dealing with the CLF, we cannot have another liability.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my honest opinion I don't really think this counts as something worth a positive vote.

You can be known in the community without a commander. Heck, you don't even need to play command to get known. Just play for a while, interact with the community, generally try to be in peoples' favor, etc. Lacking a commander doesn't mean you'll lose reputation, the two conditions aren't even really related at all.

The story's a way for us to gauge how your writing and creativity skills are. Pretty much every CO that's been accepted has written up one kind of story, dossier or other bit of writing because it tells us that you can roleplay, that you can write up something that describes your CO character in a better way than, say, a visual description. Omitting it entirely really leaves a bad taste on anyone that's reading it because, well, it's considered low effort due to skipping. So, yeah, on behalf of basically everyone seeing this, we need you to write a story. Something that shows us you're taking this seriously.

The point in looking at other applications is to learn from those who've come before you, both in the accepted category and the denied one. You can learn from their mistakes, what whitelisted COs did right and what denied applicants did wrong, and you can and should be able to adjust your story accordingly. It's not asking you to rip off someone else's story -- that's called plagiarism -- but rather be inspired by what made them get into the position in the first place.

The wise learn from experience; but the wiser also learn from history.

The others above've also brought up points that you should keep in mind. The best way to get into the whitelist is to take criticism seriously and try to improve. The worst way is to attempt to say you're doing nothing wrong if others are insistent on doing so.

Take criticism seriously, accept what others have to say, and recognize if you're doing something wrong. Only a true commander can do those.

Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok then, all fair points, i particularly like Snoopers roleplay post, was quite nice
    Though it did jog my head abit.. im not posting an application as a character, im posting an application as ME, not as gillian, im posting it so as to play the character in a commanding role
    Which brings me to my next bit, why would i try learn from other peoples applications when they are applying for their characters, i dont learn anything from it (the accepted or the denied) the only thing i would learn from that is how to lie on the application to get accepted, the admins dont learn anything about me (as a person) and dont learn anything about my character,
    sooo with that said, i will refrain from looking at other peoples applications as i feel that it is A) unnessacary and B) tainting (odd word but i cant think of any other word that fits)

However i do like all the feedback, most of it is useful but i think the most useful is about being more known to the community at large
    Thank you everybody, i think it safe to say i wont be accepted but ive learned abit from this

sooo now the question is... should i let it play out and see what others think or retract my application to save the admins time...

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The baseline of all COs is to have some hours as XO considering CO is more or less a XO with more powers.

The total lack of effort of the application likely will translate to a total lack of effort to RP or ensure mission success, not that we can just base you off your hours in CIC because you have none.

Easy -1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait... i thought u had to apply to even be an XO... i thought this application was for CO and XO... i think ive seriously misunderstood something here hahahaha
    Wait you can be an XO without appling? well that changes things

Also for the record, while i have a lack of experiance in CIC, i have actually been a SO, though admittedly that wasnt for long
    And also for th record, while it has nothing to do with CM, i have commanded before several times in differant games, its not like i have no experiance on that front, ive commanded more then 800 players in a game called Dark Age of Camelot and that was not in a RP situation and ive commanded the hold of "The Crown" in alittle game called Planetside 2 for more then 72 hours, a desperate hold of one chunk of land which only ended becuase the servers came down (which im still salty about to this day) HOWEVER, none of that means anything to you guys as none of you were there, soooo ye.. i guess me saying any of this is pointless

THOUGH, now that im actually aware that i can pick XO as a role without applying... i guess the application is kinda meaningless soooooo, in order to save time:

I hearby retract my application for the position of CO (as i was unaware of several factors)
    Admins my close this threat if they so choose