User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cursed engineering photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    This one hurt my brain. I was a mini engi, and no one was putting up cades on the east side of the FOB, at all. I threw those up as a temporary thing to keep runners from just going around and attacking from the LZ pad. I broadcast at least ten times that someone needed to replace the metal cades leading to the DS with plasteel so people could actually properly embark / debark from the DS. I know for certain this is the same round because of THAT medic, who NEVER moved from THAT spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cursed.jpg
    Trijent hours
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Cursed.jpg
    Trijent hours
    See, now I think this is an unexpected effect that can be traced directly to the change in cade costs. (No, not being salty, hear me out.) So, by increasing the cost of Metal cades, which can only be made by mini engis, engis, or higher ranks, those kinds of cades are made less often. Now, sandbag cades are still cheap to make, and ANYONE can place them. Because of their newfound utility, engis stock up on sandbags, and command mass-orders them for supply drops a lot more than they used to. So there are stacks of them lying around. And all the brand-new people see the piles of unplaced sandbags lying around, and want to make fortifications.

In the last few days, after I got over the initial salt of the metal cade cost increases, I started noticing many more comments in chats like “what the hell is with this autism sandbag placement?” Comments like this started becoming pretty frequent.

I noticed that someone sandbag-caded the entire north LZ1 wall on Solaris (no, not by north caves, I mean ALL the way from North caves to TComms), and other such mishaps that tend to not happen when experienced engis are on the job.

Anyways, I have a feeling that we’ll see more of this insanity in the near-term (and possibly long-term) future unless sandbag cades get cost nerfed as well.
    Last edited by Moosetasm; 05-26-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the marines were also being pushed back hard on that Trijent round. They didn't need to ever go past those cades, just to buy time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cursed_m56.png

Trust no-one, not even the wall

Another one, which I sadly couldnt screencap, was a Hivelord, who, in the face of imminent death, walled himself against the cave wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabowski View Post
    Cursed_m56.png

Trust no-one, not even the wall
    Hey, to be honest, that wall was being a total ASS.

Whitelisted Captain Total_Epicness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benson 'Bengus' Gusman, Frankie 'LTB' Sulyard (old TC name)

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://gyazo.com/32bfc7572c4c58b67dcda73951f70e8e

Figured I'd post this here. From last round.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Cursed.jpg
    Trijent hours
    Oh hey! That was me! I was Bravo SL and Xenos had just stomped marines at Engine room. I had spent the last 20 minutes filling sandbags with 6 marines, so I picked up stacks and ran over to stop the stomp from reaching the FOB. It worked.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    See, now I think this is an unexpected effect that can be traced directly to the change in cade costs. (No, not being salty, hear me out.) So, by increasing the cost of Metal cades, which can only be made by mini engis, engis, or higher ranks, those kinds of cades are made less often. Now, sandbag cades are still cheap to make, and ANYONE can place them. Because of their newfound utility, engis stock up on sandbags, and command mass-orders them for supply drops a lot more than they used to. So there are stacks of them lying around. And all the brand-new people see the piles of unplaced sandbags lying around, and want to make fortifications.

In the last few days, after I got over the initial salt of the metal cade cost increases, I started noticing many more comments in chats like “what the hell is with this autism sandbag placement?” Comments like this started becoming pretty frequent.

I noticed that someone sandbag-caded the entire north LZ1 wall on Solaris (no, not by north caves, I mean ALL the way from North caves to TComms), and other such mishaps that tend to not happen when experienced engis are on the job.

Anyways, I have a feeling that we’ll see more of this insanity in the near-term (and possibly long-term) future unless sandbag cades get cost nerfed as well.
    This was literally the day before the cade nerf happened lol.