0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 Paratroopers are epic

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A dev said they worked on paratroopers in discord as part of the gunship update, we will see if that comes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woohoo! Hrmmm. They probably won’t be able to have anything in their backpack slot though. Unless they plan on jumping without a chute... so like... Delta.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    drop pod gang

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ay, weren't paratroopers a thing long ago in cm?
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Wiki Maintainer Emeritus Sargeantmuffinman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George S.Patton once said: No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Good hunting.

Staff from 16 May 2016 to 10th September 2021.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    drop pod gang
    I could see this being done kinda like an OB. Coordinates are given, or a green flare is lit. Then a square 5x5 area, with four 3x3 ramps (one in each side) lands dropship style on the map, gibbing anything it lands on, and sending out a small shockwave to obliterate structures so that the marines can actually debark. The thing would have 3 seats on each side to seat a total of twelve, and anyone not buckled-in would be gibbed. There would be glass partitions to prevent griefers from unbuckling other marines. Once open, the thing is pretty much an obstacle / miniature forward outpost. You could even put 1 sentry gun per side, for a total of 4, to give the marines cover as they debark. Needless to say, such a thing would have to be expensive, somehow.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want dropship in general to be able to be converted for this. It would be a perma and cannot be changed after chosen.
    Like how in DS update :tm: we are getting gunship mode for DS. how about an airborne troop mode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to think that the first wave of experimental paratroopers would be over convidence and fail miserably, but certainly love the idea of dropping experienced soldier behind the xenos to break mid round stalemate, Either the paras would get slaughter, or they regroup and succes.
    Paratrooper can be used to help cut-off pocket of marines that have been flanked and help them retreat to enemy lines, or when an evac has left many marines behind and the para's is sent to help them go to the other LZ

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am Donald J. Trump and I do not endorse this idea as the third dimension does not exist in the confines of CM.