Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Current Meta

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    Fun fact.

1. Doing this is known as a "metaevac" and is against the rules.

2. You're literally losing if you do this. Xenos on ship is at best a draw.

Moreover this is such a fucking childish way to view things. The ground conflict is the most fun part of CM for most players (hence why most players are in the squad roles and xeno). The actual issue lies with marines not having the balls to push, simply sticking to their fucking oblivion radiant AI where they hold the exact same metaspots with 4 lines of cades then fall back to the FOB for a 2 hour siege. By forcing an evac because you don't even want to attempt an offensive strategy, which is your job might I add, you're literally just draining all the possible fun out of combat in CM. The Almayer *isn't* a fun place, because marines cadehug even harder than they do on the ground; tankbay, holding evac for no reason, holding SD to delay the round by 30m.

Stop fucking caring about "winning", stop being a fucking bot, start coming up with unique offensive strategies, force the marines to grow a set of balls and actually start doing their job.

Boohoo wahboohoohoo the ravagers are overpowered. They are. They'll be fixed soon. But you CANNOT tell me that they're overpowered if you sit behind 3 fucking cadelines with a napoleonic line of l42 IFF bots plinking away at the rav and never chasing it once it retreats.

Refusing to play the game because of X caste is silly. We have warriors, whose lunge still hasn't been fixed. We used to have release RG and Dancer praes which I would argue were more overpowered than hedgehogs. Long before I arrived, there were queens with charge and invulnerable defenders.

And marines have this cancerous FOB meta, the SADAR and B18 still exist but you don't see xenos refusing to play their part in the game.
    What you said make sense, however the only marines who has balls to charge die within the first hour of game.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    What you said make sense, however the only marines who has balls to charge die within the first hour of game.
    Answer to why marines stop attacking 5 minutes in. Stop ramboing and start helping the team by suciding into the alien forces and getting the baldies to follow you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You had to be the one that did the thing in my signature OP ._.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    snip
    Meta-Evacuating because of ravagers is a dumb idea. IMO ravs need to be tweaked a bit but AP stuff can deal with them decently right now, marines need to adapt to their shields and learn when not to fire. Still though, its infinitely more fun to fight a losing battle and do a last-minute evac than to evacuate for no reason because "aaaah xenos scary lets Evac I sure do hope they won't hijack" which is literally just metagaming. Fighting on Almayer is either a complete steamroll or just a boring draw and fighting ground side is way preferable.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real meta is accepting that both sides rely on robust players to carry them to victory, espically for marines oddly enough. For aliens having robust players dont carry, they just outright win you the game. For marines robust players is the difference bewteen defeat and victory. Once all the robustos are dead your literally better off OBing the FOB and gunning down all of shipside before doing the honors and BEing yourself. You can never win when you the robust die.

Now why do marines need robustos? They are the only ones that will finish the job on the aliens and ensure they die, they are the only ones willing to push, they are probably the only ones calling fire support to save everyones ass/make space via kills or wall clearing, they are the only ones willing to do anything beside cade hug and wait to die. Most players are cade huggers waiting to die and thus useless, once you are only left with cade huggers just evac and evac on ship and save us the trouble. You won't win unless the aliens totally mess up and it will be an hour grind to see all the cades fall finally and the cade huggers pushed all the way to tank bay for their le epic showdown of SUPPRESSING FIRE vs an alien with infinite regen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC xeno ship crash is an auto xeno minor victory, unless:

a- they wipe out everyone, then its a xeno major.
    b- SD, then its draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lmao look at them soyboys chanting 'xenos on ship = no marine win'

If all xenos die its a marine major no matter where it happened LETS FUCKING GO MARINE MAJOR SLIMY XENOFAGS BTFO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chad unga prime versus the virgin early-evacer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMASPACENINJA View Post
    lmao look at them soyboys chanting 'xenos on ship = no marine win'

If all xenos die its a marine major no matter where it happened LETS FUCKING GO MARINE MAJOR SLIMY XENOFAGS BTFO
    are u mad bro? haha marines mad

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real meta is whichever side I'm on loses
    :smirk: