User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Current Meta

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The current meta seems to be transitioning further into a shitty state, with marines and even COs trying to evacuate as early as possible with as many people alive. I've seen it happen a dozen times or so over the past week or two, which makes it rather dull since Almayer fights are always boring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The current meta is to win no matter what, as you will undoubtedly get shit on by the marine players after the round is over who were screeching for an early evac when the FOB is getting pounded by a 4 man ravager team. All the players that are considered 'robust' are packing buck shotties and can't deal with Ravs effectively because they'd rather take both their suit slot and back for that sweet insta double PB to paste T1s and T2s.

The mentality of winning even if it relies on a boring as fuck strategy is the current state of a majority of players, and I hate it. People unironically won't consider it a good round unless their respective side gets a victory text at the end of the round which is stupid to me, but that's how things are at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzubishi View Post
    The current meta is to win no matter what, as you will undoubtedly get shit on by the marine players after the round is over who were screeching for an early evac when the FOB is getting pounded by a 4 man ravager team. All the players that are considered 'robust' are packing buck shotties and can't deal with Ravs effectively because they'd rather take both their suit slot and back for that sweet insta double PB to paste T1s and T2s.

The mentality of winning even if it relies on a boring as fuck strategy is the current state of a majority of players, and I hate it. People unironically won't consider it a good round unless their respective side gets a victory text at the end of the round which is stupid to me, but that's how things are at this time.
    People like winning. We're a competitive race, and staff/admins here barely bother to maintain any semblance of MRP atmosphere or narrative. Are you expecting any different? You don't need to look any further than EVE online to confirm that people will do the things they hate if it means they win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it’s a mixture between people wanting to win, and people wanting to play. If you get killed, you’re out of the round, and all you can do is salt deadchat, or wait to be reborn as a larvae, revived as a marine, thawed out of a cryo pod as additional troops, or maybe get chosen on ERT. So people do these tactics to maximize their playtime even if they know it won’t help them win. If marines are getting steamrolled on the planet, they know they’ll get steamrolled in the Almayer too. Withdrawing just prolongs the inevitable, but that means whoever evacs is still playing instead of observing. So while winning is nice, and preferable. Playing for as long as possible and making the win as annoying for xenos as possible is an acceptable second place.