User Tag List

Thread: Ceyella - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ceyella

Ceyella - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Ceyella
    Character Name?
    Ceyella Meer
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    /
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    50rem
    Total Ban Duration
    7-day, perma filed
    Remaining Duration
    7-day, perma filed
    What other servers do you play on?
    NSV, skyrat, discordia
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Bay, BOH, aurora, some russian server, CM. paradise
    Reason for BanLink to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    So, situation was a charlie engineer buckshot me, so i told him i was gonna teach him a lesson, and punched him a few times. he then flamered me and threw a flamer grenade at me, so i ahelped the IE, and went and blasted him after getting healed by some medics.
    i blasted him several times because i was tired of people randomly trying to murder me. which is against the rules, i acknowledge this, i shoudnt perma kill people from the round over them trying to randomly remove me from the round.

Then charlie SL buckshot me, and isabella healed me, despite the charlie SL trying to deny the revive, i then got up and ran away from charlie sl as he chased me down with his shotgun. he then struck me with it as i badly was trying to ask him to stop so i can explain, seeing as he wouldnt quit, i mowed him down. Rem then got very angry about this, and when i pointed out in past reports. ( //showthrea...hlight=Ceyella) that i thought it was ok to IE, to IE, he then informed me it was now a perma, for me trying to explain what happened, and bring up i thought it was ok to respond to IE, with IE. This is something thats come up alot lately, where things get worse when you try to defend yourself.

It was pointed out to me this looks like player vigiliantism. My intentions were, and always are, if someone tries to fuck with me, i need to end it quick, or else everyone thinks they can fuck with you. when i first joined cm, i got alot of shit, people randomly tried to mug me, buckshot me, and screw with me, until i got a reputation for killing the shit out of anyone who did, then i got left alone. so when people come at me, i feel i need to maintain that reputation, or else things will go back to it, thats why i blasted the shit out of the engineer, not for vigiliantism or anything, just to show the price of trying to remove me from the round.

I feel i didnt break IE, as i was told it was ok to respond to IE, with IE, and honestly after the buckshot thing i was trying to be calmer about things and simply fisticuff it out a little, only to get IE again, so yes i blasted him. SL had a chance to disengage, i know he was just bald and didnt understand what was going on, but he wouldnt let me explain and wouldnt quit when i ran from him, he had already buckshot me before, so responding with my own MG fire is not IE.

Griefing, preventing revives is seen as griefing, and i did buckshot the guy several times to take out, so i did grief, hence my appeal for the perma, and not the 7-day.

Overall, i dont think i should be perma on the grounds i tried to bring up proof to defend myself, it only went perma at that point. before then it was only 7-day, and rem claimed i wasnt acknowledging i broke rules, by me trying to get some proof i did think it was ok to IE back the dudes. i didnt have a chance to explain about the perma killing, he took me legitimately bringing up the report to jump to a perma.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 05-19-2020 at 01:32 AM.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assigned for admin review.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notes

Notes for Ceyella:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Nanu308; 05-18-2020 at 06:57 PM.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The admins have decided to show you mercy and requested that mangement remove the permanent ban request.

However,

Your note history is TERRIBLE Ceyella, and you went way beyond getting revenge over a case of a improper escalation. This was not someone who commited a random act of grief on you. This was a simple improper escalation and if you had shot back and adminhelped it after getting away you would have been ahealed and allowed to continue playing. My moderator was doing his job, and you took matters into your own hands. The logs clearly show you went ham on the player to the point they were permadead. I've said it before, and I'll say it gain, I will not tolerate player vigilante justice, you ahelp it and let us deal with it. Defending yourself is one thing, but going after them in defiance of one of my staff members trying to do their job is just unacceptable.

The only reason you're not being permanently banned is the admins felt that it was unfair to permanently ban you because you've had no previous escalation bans. I don't agree, if anything we've been too kind to you, and given you warning after warning when we've permanently banned players for a note history and offenses less than you have done.

Your rule breaks will no longer be tolerated. You will be sitting this 7 day ban out, and if you continue you break rules YOU WILL BE PERMAMENTLY BANNED

In fact going forward I will be telling the staff team if you break any rules you shall be issued a 24 hour ban at the minimum. No more breaks Ceyella, shape up or ship out.

Consider this your notice and last chance.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 05-19-2020 at 01:11 PM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids