User Tag List

Thread: Defying the Colonial Marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defying the Colonial Marines

I have been playing ss13 for a while now but I've only recently gotten into this server. This is the story of my first time entering the server and a reason I keep playing on CM. As I do in all ss13 forum stories, I will obscure identities, except myself.
    Round start. I end up finding myself having rolled a civvie, marshal Leonard Lawrence. I signed up to be a grunt, so I wanted to enlist instead. I decided to try and find the marine landing party. I'm stumbling through dark passages until I find a group of civilians reconverting a room into a barricaded hold.
    I decided to continue my search for Delta and move on, but luck had it that two others decided to walk a few paces ahead of me. Their first steps out the door was met by a rush of xenomorphs whiping them off the screen. Slashing claws and screams could be heard but a faded memory of twins abreast was the last thing witnessed before I ended up curled behind the crowd now firing into a freshly emptied hallway.
    Groups averaging five split and everyone joins in on supply runs, including me, clinging to the largest I could manage out of fear of what I had seen earlier. Rooms and tunnels were being broken down for compontents and intel was recovered, stored behind high concrete walls, barbed wire, and fresh metal paneling.
    Xenos boil down a hall, we fire in retreat and get sandwiched between two swarms. My revolver runs dry and I follow the first runner back to base through obscure passages and rooms.
    I'm back with five survivors from seperate departures, most had been the last man standing in their party and were forced to retreat. We took to improving our base and with the passage of time it dawned on me that my group would never return. Perhaps I should have stood my ground, maybe things would have been different.
    I grew tired of my cowardice, it felt like I had done nothing but hide. I decide to hold the frontline behind our concrete barrier with four others while a salesman (Sean) went around stocking lockers and boxes with supplies. He says, "Organizing for trade" but truth be told I was sure there wasn't a civilian soul left to trade him for supplies, we were completely alone in our corner of the world.
    Waves came and passed in bursts of flame and shotgun shells. We'd run out for collections and haul back to safety from a sea of claws. We began building up a veritable stockade to defend against the encroaching threat, but it wasn't long before the few remaining in Delta happened upon us. My four companions decided the CM vessel would be safer and ran off to join the group. I ask Sean if he wanted to enlist with me and he responds, "No. I go down with the shop." Hearing this, I felt too bad to leave him there and affirm him with "I'll die here with you." "Hell yeah!"
    Moments thereafter we could see Delta turning back with our comrades, trying to take cover in our shop, and being torn apart by the swarm. Flame cleanses the halls as I begin holding my own at the wall.
    Alpha comes down our newly emptied corridor. Sean whispers, "Don't let them in." Their team leader (Red) looks at our supply and asks us for intel. Sean points to a disk laid out on the floor.
    R: "Can I have it?"
    S: "You can trade for it."
    R: "Would you like an airstrike or armed grenades?"
    S: "Then you wont get anything.... Leave! Trade or get nothing."
    Red begins aiming at Sean.
    R: "You have no leverage."
    I pull out my pulse rifle and unload into Red, throwing a grenade into the crowd. Gunfire starts raining in and Sean runs behind cover pointing at me saying, "IT'S HIM! NOT ME! I DIDNT SHOOT!" I get filled with lead flooring me. I watch Alpha burst in and execute Sean at pointblank, leaving his body to rot and dragging me off alongside the intel as some trophy. I fade into blackness.
    I awake, cuffed to a chair aboard the landing vessel. A grunt writes something on my chest with a marker while another smacks me with his rifle remarking, "Oh, you're awake, good." After a few minutes spent assaulting me they grew bored and walked off to get seating. I take the time to begin unbuckling. I run to new seating and head out the vessels parting doors thereafter.
    I transverse the USS Almayer, inspecting its layout, finding things like an armory and cryodorms. CMs run past me the whole time and I go unnoticed despite my wanted status, likely due to the dire surface conditions. I head into medbay to repair the bleeding welts down my face and remove the slugs from inside my chest cavity. Pressurised nitrous hisses and the last thing I see before going under is someone pointing at me screaming, "That's him!"
    I awake in the medbay lobby beds with more pointing and MPs outside. I take to running out the north doors and into the cryodorms. I find a row with a few occupants and fall into the nearest unoccupied sleeper. MP scatter down the hall adjascent without much notice of me. I head back to the landing ship and lock myself in amidst a crowd of Alphas and Charlies. The shuttle takes off and an MP notices me. He stuns me and cuffs me. After a few moments of degradation and name calling, he decides the danger of the surface was too dire to wait on the ship back to sentence me so he releases me saying, "If you step foot near this vessel again we'll shoot you on sight." I reply, "Good luck with that retard. We'll see who can hold a fight like a man." Red takes notice of this and joins in with the MP in taunting empty threats like "I domed you already, try me".
    I get released to the surface, ran into a corridor, take off my clothes, stole an ID off of a Deltas corpse, and looped back to the ship before takeoff. I figured I could still enlist or at least steal CM equipment.
    I freely venture around the USS Almayer enjoying their luxuries and end up waltzing past a grunt into the armory with my newfound ID. Armor, weaponry, and headsets were freely scattered about the floor and made for easy shopping.
    An alarm goes off warning the ship about a hijack. I figured it was an incoming xeno invasion so I went looking for CMs. After a few minutes I could hear encroaching gunfire and decided to follow its sound. Some Charlies and Bravos were holding down barriers and I join in the fun. It doesnt take long for the onslaught to devolve into a retreat that eventually trapped us between a swarm and a hail of gunfire from a doorway opposite of them.
    It took a second to take in the pile of MPs and commanders on the other side and realize I had walked into the middle of a mutiny. Us few surviving CMs were sandwiched between two fronts, and my seeing Red with the MPs helped me decide to join in the mutiny. Our numbers drop dramatically, but not as fast as theirs when I began lobbing grenades in. I aim my pulse rifle at Red and yell, "What did I say retard?! I'm back and you didn't do shit". He gets domed alongside the MPs. The dust settles and it's just me, another CM, and the cacophany of claws breaking down glass and metal.
    We run back to find a dead end and begin barricading the door to the best of our ability. It had become 2 CM against 100+ xenos. It was a Custer's last stand and we knew it. And so, with our honor intact, we gracefully accepted the inevitable and fought one last good fight.
    Last edited by Felders; 05-21-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic, I will read all of this at some point. Cool experiences like these are good.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is great, love hearing the insane things that can happen over a round.

That being said, I’m surprised you didn’t get bwoinked by the admins. Hostile survivors are currently prohibited, as is ID theft / impersonating a side you’re not on. If Alpha fired first, you’d have justification to shoot back per the escalation rules, but if you unloaded on them and tossed grenades first when all they did was aim, you could end up with a ban of some kind. Same thing if an admin finds out you stole ID tags and armor to blend in. Just be careful, read the server rules and all, there’s a link when you first connect that talks about hostile survivors. If it was an event though, that’s another thing entirely.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I just read all of it and it was really cool. This was your first round on CM?
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have read the rules and now know better. My rounds since this ocassion have been smoother than this. Impersonation under these extreme circumstances feels more like an IC issue that should be met with brig time not an admin's bwoink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it was my first outside of a few times I logged on and decided not to play because of immediate lag issues so I'd just SSD.