Swagile

Date of Incident
    May 21, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Amira Young

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    N/A

Accused Character Name
    Scott Miller (CL), Gaius something (IO that round)

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    4:15ish to 5:30ish PM EST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 4, no Griefing.

Description of the incident:
    I dunno what happened, I was just told that a CL accompanied by an IO decided to steal the nuke, which delayed nuke's deployment by about 10-15 minutes, leading to Marines loss as we lost all our forward cades that was stalling the xeno 4 rav combo.

I believe this classifies as griefing, no matter how hilarious, as stealing the nuke is going directly against the USCM. Some thinly veiled "roleplay" excuse of "saving the xenomorphs research" should not justify ruining DEFCON 1 for marines (especially when said research was already on the ship because to get DEFCON 1 you need to get a lot of research).

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    N/A

How you would punish the accused:
    N/A

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the IO that worked with the CL. Played a company man, got an implant mid-round, towards the end I was told by the CL to prevent DEFCON from going from 2 to 1 because they didn't want the colony blown up. Didn't have any intel to process, so just shrugged and was heading to a dropship to deploy instead. Soon after DEFCON got lowered to 1 so CL's plan didn't work. They decided to steal the nuke, so I wasn't going to stop them. After moving the nuke from requisition to around the kitchen area, the CL took the nuke from me and hid it in maintenance by his office. I decided to play along and not rat them out. They soon got questioned by people and had their place searched, only then I think they checked in with the admins about stealing the nuke and was told to give it up, so he did. It got deployed, but it was too late to detonate it before xenos overrun the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the CL, I will post my story later since im rather tired, but what ThePiachu said was mostly correct except that I ahelped before stealing the nuke [my mistake was probably stealing it anyhow since the staff was probably bussy with other ahelps (though they probably could have noticed the nuke going missing with everyone screaming about it and look into it and notice my ahelp sooner)], but only got an reply until way later when my office was being searched (I gave it up instantly once I was told it would count as grief) and it was too late for an nuke deployment.

Note that I did not get PM'd at all after that point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I don't agree with that last part @Google_Hands. I was one of the MPs raiding your office that round and you did not "give it up" we had to break into your office to get it. I get that it's a funny meme and honestly thought that round was a blast with all the crazy shenanigans going on with the crazy researcher and the multiple executions. But still I'm calling bull on that whole "giving it up" thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what Google Hands means he instantly handed it over after being told so by the staff, not instantly after being asked by other players. I can confirm that towards the end of the ordeal the CL did say / LOOC something about being told to hand it over and he did promptly point to the nuke after that.

I too had a blast with the round .

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moderator who took the Ahelp. I was playing this round so I wasn't fully paying attention and assumed the moderators that were observing would take the Ahelps. Of which I was wrong and apologize for the late response.

I told them yes that it would be grief for stealing a major one of a kind item kn the game. I didn't note/ban them as I take responsibility for the delay in the Ahelp and I believe their intentions were not to grief but to rather make some RP up as it's rather rare to come by as CL.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be posting logs of this. That being said everyone has been truthful and straightforward so.. not much to report.

Regarding the nuke:

Basic logs

Spoiler Spoiler:

a-helps and being arrested in office
    Spoiler Spoiler:

As a aside there were no other pm's about a missing nuke. Additionally the CL was executed.
    Last edited by starmute; 05-22-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messing with the nuke is considered grief. This is also the CL self-antagging which unless a staff sanctioned event tells you to, is not permitted. I find the allegation is pretty much cut and dry.
    I'll allow the accused to tell me anything I should consider before passing a punishment because this is very serious and from what we've seen contributed greatly to a marine loss.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say anything in my defence other than my intent was not to grief even If it may look like it and that im sorry if I ruined the round for some marines round.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messing with the nuke as the marine side is grounds for a ban, and self-antagging as a CL is grounds for a job ban.
    For your honesty googles_hands I will not issue any timed bans, but you have to pay the piper for self-antagging.

Job ban from Corporate Liason will be issued that may be appealed 30 days from now.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids