User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Research property tier list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Research property tier list

Property tier list. Any property not included is automatically assumed at F tier.

Key:
    # - Legendary property (can only be found in clearance 3 and 4 chemicals)
    # - Rare property (can be produced by having specific properties in one chemical)
    # - Uncommon property (can only be found in the random chemicals)
    # - Common property (can be found in pre-existing chemicals)

S tier
    • Booster - Very useful at making extremely powerful chemicals
    • Hypergenic - Heals all organ damage. Beast of a property
    • Hypometabolism - Essential for any stimulant. Can be used to make drugs that last very long

A tier
    • DNA-disintegration - Wild card. PMCs might either be robustos or shitters. Gives a lot of resources
    • Bonemending - Healing bones is very useful
    • Neuroshielding - Protects against all neuros, including queen. Could be paired with hypometabolic to make a very strong stimulant
    • Hyperdensification - Can be used in a stim to make bones resistant to damage. Could be paired with hypometabolic to make a very strong stimulant
    • Muscle stimulating - Makes you fast
    • Nerve stimulating - Reduces stun times

B+ tier
    • Neogenetic - Helps deal with brute damage
    • Anti-corrosive - Helps deal with burn damage
    • Regulating - Can be useful, but hypometabolism is better in nearly all cases

B tier
    • Excreting - Can be used to quickly get rid of an OD or poison chem. Otherwise, not much use.
    • Painkilling - Can be useful, but better to just eat something like tramadol than have this in your chemical
    • Neurocryogenic - Situational, but might help keep a person still in the round
    • Anti-parasitic - Pretty unreliable. Better to just get an abortion from medbay, however it can stop the growth of the larva and reverse it whilst it is in your system. Can be used for late stage infections
    • Explosive - Can help the OTs out, but can also be a pretty useless and dangerous property
    • Repairing - Could be useful to a synth, but they have their powerpack
    • Thanatometabolizing - Could be used in scenarios where someone has high burn damage or heartbroken after death. Otherwise, has little use except in rare circumstances
    • Defibrillating - Better than a regular defibrillating because it deals no heart damage. Can be complicated to use and can be paired with other properties to be a lot better, but is otherwise not very useful.

C tier
    • Hemogenic - Might help restore blood a lot faster. Can be dangerous, as it has no safety threshold. Probably better to use iron
    • Cardiopeutic - Heart damage can eventually result in heartbroken. This may help prevent that
    • Pneumopeutic - Lung ruptures can be pretty devastating. May help in some rare situations
    • Hyperthrottling - Not useful at all. Might possibly be used when you have contained xenos.
    • Anti-addictive - Might be used when someone ingests ultrazine. Otherwise, not much uses

D tier
    • Oculopeutic - Useless, just use imidazoline
    • Neuropeutic - Useless, just use alkysine
    • Hepatopeutic, Nephropeutic - Useless
    • Oxidizing, Fueling, Flowing, Viscous - Pretty useless
    • Fluxing - Knifes do the job easier and faster
    • Anti-toxic - Very rarely will this property ever be used

This is my own opinion, you might have a different opinion on the properties of research
    Last edited by Watermelon914; 05-22-2020 at 01:17 PM.
    Walter Meldron - Human
    WAM - Xeno
    Frank - Synthetic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    too long, didnt read, dont care

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryth View Post
    too long, didnt read, dont care
    un epic
    Walter Meldron - Human
    WAM - Xeno
    Frank - Synthetic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres my tier list for research chems

S tier

• Balding - Balds marines

Everything else is F tier

Whitelisted Predator MarpleJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Move Thanatometabolizing and Defibrilating up to S+. Both in unison make marines be revived after they die, especially if coupled with another chemical which heals them in the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarpleJones View Post
    Move Thanatometabolizing and Defibrilating up to S+. Both in unison make marines be revived after they die, especially if coupled with another chemical which heals them in the process.
    They're situational. If you can find cardiopeutic/defibrillating and thanatometabolizing, then they can be useful. Even then, thanatometabolizing metabolises only whilst dead, so the person would still die of oxy damage due to their injuries. I'm gonna move defibrillating up to C-tier though. Defibrillating will revive the marine without thanatometabolizing, thanatometabolizing is better at healing the marine, where defibrillating can then act.
    Last edited by Watermelon914; 05-22-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    Walter Meldron - Human
    WAM - Xeno
    Frank - Synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanatometabolizing also works if you're in an oxygen coma or dramatic blood loss, so there's that.

Should probably also check if it begins to work at any oxygen loss, just slower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarpleJones View Post
    I was CMO one round with a researcher that combined these chem properties with a few others, it ended up being... well... a bit insane. He started by asking me to OD him. I asked with what, he said with QC. I told him if he died and couldn’t be revived, that I would disavow ever knowing about the experiment. He agreed.

So, I gave him 10u of quickclot, and watched him die very quickly. Then me and another researcher started discussing when we should try starting the defib process since his toxin levels were well over 200. After a minute or two passed, we were like “oh shit, we’d better get to detoxing and reviving.” Then he suddenly got up, with no damage... at all. No toxins, no organ or brain damage, nothing. I told him to mass produce it.

Later that round, an MP (maybe the CMP, I wasn’t paying attention to other details) calls for me over the medical radio asking something about whether I’d approved some deliberate delimbing. There was also mention about someone being immortal. I run down to medical, and there’s a guy on a stretcher with no arms or legs, and no armor. I ask what the hell is going on. A doctor who is NOT the researcher from earlier replies by PB firing a shotgun into the guy’s chest. The MP just stands there, demanding I explain whether I approved this “procedure.” I, of course scream my question to the doctor again. He responds by telling me to scan the guy who, by this time, much to everyone’s surprise, was screaming “I’M IMMORTAL!”

I scan the guy, and there is zero damage. Zero. After he was PB’d in the chest with buckshot. So I played along and said “yes! The immortality serum works! IT WORKS!” And I tell the MP that I have to report it to the CO.

The doctor and I (no idea where the researcher is at this point, he wasn’t answering coms) drag the stretcher guy up to CIC. The CO (Maybe the XO, I can’t remember) just asks why the hell there’s a limbless person in CIC. I unload a m4a3 clip into the guy’s head, actually sending him to dead but (theoretically) revivable.

Very quickly, weapons are drawn and I’m immediately targeted, which was to be expected.

The CO demands “what the hell did you just do?”

And then we all see in chat: “NOTHING CAN KILL ME! I AM IMMORTAL!”

And the CO just says “?” and demands to know what is going on.

I explain that the guy on the stretcher is immortal due to a new chem (supposedly.) So the CO doesn’t believe me, and unloads an entire m41 mk1 clip into the guy, killing him again. And the CO goes “nope doesn’t work.”

“I’M IMMORTAL!” So yeah. No idea what the mixture was, because we were boarded very soon after, and I couldn’t find the researcher or any samples of the damned chemical.

I still have no freaking clue what was in it.
    Last edited by Moosetasm; 05-22-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    [...]
    Sound like admin shenanigans, Thanatometabolizing isn't THAT strong as to revive someone that took an entire mag to the face within a minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kameron Hunter View Post
    Sound like admin shenanigans, Thanatometabolizing isn't THAT strong as to revive someone that took an entire mag to the face within a minute.
    Also, getting thanatometabolizing and defibrillating is pretty unlikely. You'd also require a lot of points to make them useful (via synthesis simulator)
    Walter Meldron - Human
    WAM - Xeno
    Frank - Synthetic