User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Research property tier list

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest only combat stims are worth anything becuase only ugna bunga is going to even dare look for some crazy meds, got to remember 99% of medics are bald, lazy, or both. We are lucky they don't OD everyone and SOMETIMES can CPR people. Telling them there is super meds that can cure space aids means nothing to a utter baldy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    I'll be honest only combat stims are worth anything becuase only ugna bunga is going to even dare look for some crazy meds, got to remember 99% of medics are bald, lazy, or both. We are lucky they don't OD everyone and SOMETIMES can CPR people. Telling them there is super meds that can cure space aids means nothing to a utter baldy.
    Nah, healing chems can be very useful when effective. Bonemending prevents you from having to go to the medbay and hypergenic is a jack of all trades for organ damage.
    Walter Meldron - Human
    WAM - Xeno
    Frank - Synthetic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watermelon914 View Post
    Nah, healing chems can be very useful when effective. Bonemending prevents you from having to go to the medbay and hypergenic is a jack of all trades for organ damage.
    Yeah shoving a pill down a marines throat is a lot faster than going back up shipside and waiting for surgery ad then taking the bus back down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a bit lazy

In addition to finding these properties in new chemicals, you can also produce some of them yourself, If you mix Carcinogenic and Muscle stimulating? (I forgot the what you mix, maybe try overriding tricordazine's anti-toxic with carcinogenic) you get Hyperdensifying.

P.S. Also, this kind of post looks like it belongs in guides, not in the USCM board.
    Last edited by anonymous14z; 05-25-2020 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, getting thanatometabolizing and defibrillating is pretty unlikely. You'd also require a lot of points to make them useful (via synthesis simulator)
    I guess it could have been admin shenanigans, but if so, it was a rather random thing to do, with not much effect on the rest of the round... I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous14z View Post
    Being a bit lazy

In addition to finding these properties in new chemicals, you can also produce some of them yourself, If you mix Carcinogenic and Muscle stimulating? (I forgot the what you mix, maybe try overriding tricordazine's anti-toxic with carcinogenic) you get Hyperdensifying.

P.S. Also, this kind of post looks like it belongs in guides, not in the USCM board.
    Yep, already know that. That's what a rare property is.
    Walter Meldron - Human
    WAM - Xeno
    Frank - Synthetic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    too bad none of this matters since most researchers only manage to get any of the cool meds when the fight is almost over (DEFCON 1, planet lost, or marines meta rushed and won)

i literally have only seen any useful chems, that being combat stims, given before marines won ONCE and it took an hour and a half into the round AFTER DROP (so a total of 2 hours) for it to happen, and thats cause the researcher was epic tier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    too bad none of this matters since most researchers only manage to get any of the cool meds when the fight is almost over (DEFCON 1, planet lost, or marines meta rushed and won)

i literally have only seen any useful chems, that being combat stims, given before marines won ONCE and it took an hour and a half into the round AFTER DROP (so a total of 2 hours) for it to happen, and thats cause the researcher was epic tier
    Researchers have to rely heavily on the IOs, that's why.
    Walter Meldron - Human
    WAM - Xeno
    Frank - Synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Researchers have to rely heavily on the IOs, that's why.
    I dunno guys, there are epic researchers getting us super stims before we even launch. This end of round only medication... I’m not seeing it.
    Last edited by Moosetasm; 06-08-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The research console allows you to forward formulae to the next round for a hefty research point cost.

One round I started with a recipe for a chemical that could be made using only a chem dispenser and had Hypometabolism, Neuroshielding, Hyperdensification and Muscle stimulating. No down side and an OD of 14.

Pretty insane.