User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kryth's Guide for blowing up marines [OT Guide]

Whitelisted Synthetic Unknownity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How effective would the fire be if the chemical for it was replaced with CLF3 instead since it's the strongest fire chemical? If it would be a good alternative for Ethanol and Hydrogen then I'll always make some for the OTs
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    "Getting too old for this shit."
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownity View Post
    How effective would the fire be if the chemical for it was replaced with CLF3 instead since it's the strongest fire chemical? If it would be a good alternative for Ethanol and Hydrogen then I'll always make some for the OTs
    https://gyazo.com/4948be683c215464bc18c56571ff1d62

It only increases intensity, but makes the rest of the incendiary property weaker.

I cant figure out a combination where you'd have room for radius and intensity with CLF3 as they always go against each other, unless you use ethanol but ethanol paired with octogen is sufficient enough for it to work for a flash fire combo

If you can figure out something then go ahead, but for me I can't find anything that would work well with it since it reduces everything other than intensity, high intensity is good and all but without radius its useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also noticed a janitor bucket above the CIC SMES and the maint somewhere above the Chief MP office.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metal foam is the thing you use when you want to block a whole area really quickly. Use it to cut off the alien retreat and meme the queen, to give you time to rebuild cades, or run the fuck off.

Metal foam is used in a 3 - 1 - 1 ratio of Aluminum or Iron, Polytrinic Acid, and Foaming Agent.
    I believe Iron takes more punishment than Aluminum, but it needs testing to be sure.

Mortar Foaming Max - Around 25 tiles of foam. Limited by the 120 max on aluminum. Could be better with bigger container perhaps?
    Cont 1 - 120 Aluminum or Iron (Grind 2 metal sheets)
    Cont 2 - 40 Polytrinic Acid (1 Sulphuric 1 Chlorine 1 Potassium = 3) (Get it from tank)
    Cont 2 - 40 Foaming Agent (1 Hydrogen 1 Lithium = 1) (Put 40 of each, Lithium is in the chem cabinet)

M15 Foaming Max - The best ratio it can be, though weird proportions mean less is probably easier to make.
    Cont 1 - 90 Aluminum or Iron
    Cont 2 - 30 Polytrinic Acid
    Cont 2 - 30 Foaming Agent
    Last edited by VarenRoth; 05-30-2020 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VarenRoth View Post
    Metal foam...
    Man, it would be fun to have a grenadier spec loaded up with Metal Foam M40s (72-24-24). Imagine the xenos laughing at your terrible accuracy followed by them realizing that they can't run away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliansl View Post
    Man, it would be fun to have a grenadier spec loaded up with Metal Foam M40s (72-24-24). Imagine the xenos laughing at your terrible accuracy followed by them realizing that they can't run away.
    M40s can only contain 60u of stuff tho.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then Kryth should update his guide since it states that M40s can hold 120u.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll confirm this first before updating it, as it doesnt make sense currently to have this change, 60u capacity of m40 just makes it much more utterly useless from what it already is.

How exactly? Explosive power is capped at 175 and the chem with the highest explosive value is octogen which is 2u.

60*2 = 120, at max volume of an m40 grenade, it cant even reach the max when unless used with research chems.

I'll update it after confirming first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone found out what Aluminum and Copper do? I've been playing OT recently and i'm trying to make use of those but there's no clear indicator of what they actually do and the wiki says nothing about them

From what i found (could be wrong) Aluminum seem to somehow increase fire duration and change the color to white-ish while Copper seem to have no effect whatsoever and just makes fire green.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone found out what Aluminum and Copper do? I've been playing OT recently and i'm trying to make use of those but there's no clear indicator of what they actually do and the wiki says nothing about them
    Aluminum is a component for Napalm, as for Copper, it turns fire into green