User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kryth's Guide for blowing up marines [OT Guide]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive seen several misspellings, dont @ me, i just cant be arsed to respell em

*EDIT*

Hello everybody in the CM community
    So ive read through Kryths Guide now and im seeing similarities everywhere

To explain how this has gone, APPARENTLY Kryth was the teacher of my teacher, Song Wu, so ive come to give over my own Cookbook for keeping the knowledge for all OT's to rumage through

Soooo.. yeah lets get to it
    ----------------------------------------

The first grenade ive made and kept as part of my repertoire.
    ---Songs Wrath---
    A mini nuke ment for max damage inside an M15 casing (is known by many marines... for the good and bad, it does really good things, except when the marine throwing it fucks up... then everybody dies)
    60 Octo
    90 ANFO
    30 Hydrogen
    1 Beaker
    1 Large beaker
    M15 Casing
    -------------------

The second nade i ever created was the same mix but with Cyclo instead of Octo.. still effective, however i felt it needed tuning, Which led me to this

---Kryths Legacy---
    (this one is in Kryths List so im not the originator) Ment as a quick build Knockback grenade, it does do damage but not alot, but thats not its purpose, this is used for clearing out entrances of buildings you know have enemies inside, to give you a way to push in and is also excellent as a means of escape
    60 Cyclo
    120 ANFO
    1 Beaker
    1 Large beaker
    M15 Casing
    ---------------------------
    Two of my more famous grenades

Now onto the wackie stuff

the M40 is a grenade not used by alot of OT's, for a simple reason that it cant hold 2 beakers and doesnt have alot of storage, however ive manage to take these nades and make something... rather special

---Medical Gas---
    Originaly made for the purpose of marines running through and getting a quick heal before running into combat, is now known for killing Xenos who run through it and healing marines (this one is confusing so you need to follow along)
    1 Bottle of every medicine bottle from medical venders Dumbed into a Jan bucket (the way you know if its done right is if you hear one bubbling sound)
    15 Potassium
    15 Suger
    15 Phosphoros
    2 Vails
    M40 Casing
    The Potassium and Suger need to be in the same vail (yes we are using 2 vails for this) and the Phosphoros needs to be with everything else as it doesnt mix with anything, So what you should end up with is:
    Vail 1: 15u Suger 15u Potas
    Vail 2: 15u Phos 15u Mixture (that being the huge Jan bucket mixture)
    ------------------------------------

---Combat Stim---
    A new creation which involves the same Smoke system inside an M40, Ment for running through into combat while stabilizing temp and making marines much more effective at evading attacks

60u of Hyperzine
    60u of Epine
    120u of Tribica (60u of each chemical)
    60u of Leporazine
    60u of Dex+
    This combination is ment to fit into 10 M40's (no more no less)
    15u Potassium
    15u Suger
    15u Phosphoros
    Same deal, the mixture of 15u goes with Phosphoros as it doesnt mix with anything in the mixture
    2 Vails
    M40 Casing
    ----------------------------------

---Kryths Wisdom--- (edited to remove the fire effect description, still a good nade without it)
    This is a general all purpose fuck you grenade, max HE with minimal Knockback with fire.
    90u Octo
    20u phoron
    10u Ethanol
    Large beaker

20u Aluminium
    20u Sulphiric acid
    20u Cyclo
    Beaker
    M40 Casing
    -------------------------------

As ive made somewhat of a name in the area of nades, i havent made one in terms of C4 or Claymores... sooo ill skip those areas as im still in the testing phase of alot of my creations

BUT, as for rockets... >:-D
    Here is where shit hits the fan in a pretty major way cus im gonna term afew ideas on their head

---Lightning Strike VHE---
    This one is basic, its a songs wrath in a rocket instead of a nade with the Octo and ANFO swapped (its NOT max HE and isnt suppose to be, this is a "get the fuck off my lawn" rocket)
    90u Octo
    30u Hydrogen
    60u ANFO
    Rocket Casing
    -------------------------------

---Songs Teachings--- (Stripping this rocket from my list in order to test further)

---------------------------------

As for mortars... well, i only really have 1.. well. 2, but im not sharing the second one

--- End of Days --- (i believe i saw this in Kryths list too but im not sure)
    Ment as a stopgap between Marines and Xenos, it is a nuke of total destruction and will kill anything caught in the blast (it is 20 off max cap for the sake of turning all its shards into fireballs)
    120u of Octo
    100u of ANFO
    20u of Phoron
    ---------------------------------

That is all im willing to share atm, As soon as ive tested out more of my C4 and Claymores, ill update this post with them

Now ive seen alot of OT's with some really nice stuff, Heig comes to mind with his C3FG nades, which is a form of Plasma gas, though he calls em Fire Gas, Now i know exactly how to make it and its an odd concoction but i will not be sharing it here as it is not my recipe to share
    I would implor all OT's to share their recipes with the rest of the community so that we can all having the knowledge to build what is needed for our marines on the ground

Well, that about does it for me for now, ill see you all on the battlefield, have fun and good hunting

-VegetaFH1 (Gillian 'Giga' Mancer)
    Last edited by VegetaFH1; 06-10-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Combat Stim
    Provides a smoke that would probably give around 0.8u of Hyperzine, Epi, Tricord, Biradine, Leporazine, and Dex+ for each tick a marine stays in said smoke, one main issue with this though is that smoke grenades are always trash as a means to apply chems. In this one they would probably only have to stay in the smoke for 4 ticks to get the full effect but only receive minor healing and increase in movement speed for like 30 seconds, but this brings the risk of Hyperzine OD which is quite deadly as it brings heart damage. Big Risk.

Kryth's Wisdom
    I dont understand how this works, shooting through fire turns it into incend bullets? I doubt this works unless Tobi added some kinda hidden thing but this shouldnt be the case.

Lightning Strike
    Explosive Power of 240, Falloff of 66, Intensity of 22.5, Radius of 4.2, and minimum duration

Seems pretty alright, its got more AoE but lacks a bit more explosive power compared to my Rocket HE+Flash Fire version

Songs Teachings
    Armor Stripping and 9 Square?, okay, I don't know how you even concluded to that considering we have no way to find out about this outside of dev, unless Tobi told you it works like this

As for the recipe, it seems kinda meh, I like the idea of adding Ammonium Nitrate as a means of concentrating the area of effect to the middle, it would just be better to do 150 Octo and 30 ammonium nitrate, would make it do 300 explosive power but the falloff would be around 135 falloff, which would make the radius of the explosion around 2 tiles, high damage, low radius

End of Days
    My Mortar recipes after checking it is actually wrong, will update it when I get in the mood. This should probably be better compared to mine, but this version is mostly for HE but the phoron in this recipe is unnecessary.

https://gyazo.com/46cab4dc970df252d522dbc740b465f8

The guide should have an explanation on how shrapnels work.

As for Warris recipe, in my opinion, its just aesthetic, last time I saw that marines were the ones burning and xenos were being tickled by it, dchat was going wild. It's good for the memes but not my taste.

As for the rest, they're alright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait wait, i thought thats how Nitra worked.. since everything i put it in doesnt do alot of damage but everything after it does a fuck ton more..? have i just miss observed what it does??
    As for the concentration effect, its the only good way to do it, add's the explosion and tightens up the radius so as to not kill marines, As for your alteration, ill make up a batch with 150 Octo and see how it goes, it sounds like it should be a good direct damage rocket, plus if im wrong about the Nitra stripping damage it might jsut be a better idea just to go full HE with it

i personaly dont understand how Kryths wisdom works eather, it might be a glitch im not sure, and it working both ways is jsut a best guess since they are both projectiles, but as for it working, test it, take a look for urself, also i dont know who this tobi person is, but from the way you talk about him im guessing a Dev... we havent been in contact at all

As for End of days, i have to admit that it is my favorite, since there isnt really anyting special, it just blows up everything not giving a fuck, but the phoron is actually for the Shrapnel that comes off the mortar, turns it into fireballs, right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait wait, i thought thats how Nitra worked.. since everything i put it in doesnt do alot of damage but everything after it does a fuck ton more..?
    I dont understand what you meant by this, seems really vague

As for the concentration effect, its the only good way to do it, add's the explosion and tightens up the radius so as to not kill marines, As for your alteration, ill make up a batch with 150 Octo and see how it goes, it sounds like it should be a good direct damage rocket, plus if im wrong about the Nitra stripping damage it might jsut be a better idea just to go full HE with it
    As far as I know, the stun from the AP rocket is a unique thing only for that, if you mean armor stripping like removing armor, then I still dont understand how this would even work

i personaly dont understand how Kryths wisdom works eather, it might be a glitch im not sure, and it working both ways is jsut a best guess since they are both projectiles, but as for it working, test it, take a look for urself, also i dont know who this tobi person is, but from the way you talk about him im guessing a Dev... we havent been in contact at all
    Tobi is the dev that made OT, shouldve mentioned him in the Guide. As for the rocket, it might be a bug and i highly doubt this would work, not to mention how can you even get to the conclusion and without even proving it, its even something that isn't listed anywhere, i like to believe theres some unique properties in specific chems when mixed but really hard to test these especially when you cant do that without having a gun and a target.

As for End of days, i have to admit that it is my favorite, since there isnt really anyting special, it just blows up everything not giving a fuck, but the phoron is actually for the Shrapnel that comes off the mortar, turns it into fireballs, right?
    Read the guide again and go to the part where it talks about the shrapnel, also the gyazo link I sent on my last post on how getting incendiary shrapnel works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh sorry for that, i was refering to the Ammonia Nitrate (Armor stripping properties)
    And i was talking about amor removeal (stripping), I mean it works the same way it should it real life, you hit a target with something, that something does more damage to armor then to the target under the armor, also wasnt aware the AP rocket was a unique property (probably shoulda guessed that)

As for coming to the conclusion, observation, retest, rebuild, observation, i dont know how many times ive gone down to the planet (ahem.. without permission) to go hand deliver ordenance to specs and squad leads to test out stuff.. way to many times tbh (if i was ever caught by the MP's id be fucked)

Also im aware what your saying is i need to add iron into a bomb to produce shrapnel, what im saying ... or rather asking at this point cus now im confused, isnt there innate shrapnel to a bomb/grenade like it automaticaly has a certain amount of shrapnel without adding more iron to it..... i mean, i kinda hope im wrong on this, cus that means i take out the phoron and replace it with something more devistating

Also just a kind of edit here
    If Kryths wisdom doesnt work.. or turns out to be a glitch, then there is no point using it (as ill be perma'd for making it) ..... I would like you to ask Tobi to test it outside game and confirm or deny it eather way, if im wrong then im wrong, i have been wrong before, if im right but its a glitch i have to take it out of the cookbook, id prefer nobody get bent over a table cus of one of my recipes
    Last edited by VegetaFH1; 06-09-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VegetaFH1 View Post
    Oh sorry for that, i was refering to the Ammonia Nitrate (Armor stripping properties)
    And i was talking about amor removeal (stripping), I mean it works the same way it should it real life, you hit a target with something, that something does more damage to armor then to the target under the armor, also wasnt aware the AP rocket was a unique property (probably shoulda guessed that)

As for coming to the conclusion, observation, retest, rebuild, observation, i dont know how many times ive gone down to the planet (ahem.. without permission) to go hand deliver ordenance to specs and squad leads to test out stuff.. way to many times tbh (if i was ever caught by the MP's id be fucked)

Also im aware what your saying is i need to add iron into a bomb to produce shrapnel, what im saying ... or rather asking at this point cus now im confused, isnt there innate shrapnel to a bomb/grenade like it automaticaly has a certain amount of shrapnel without adding more iron to it..... i mean, i kinda hope im wrong on this, cus that means i take out the phoron and replace it with something more devistating

Also just a kind of edit here
    If Kryths wisdom doesnt work.. or turns out to be a glitch, then there is no point using it (as ill be perma'd for making it) ..... I would like you to ask Tobi to test it outside game and confirm or deny it eather way, if im wrong then im wrong, i have been wrong before, if im right but its a glitch i have to take it out of the cookbook, id prefer nobody get bent over a table cus of one of my recipes
    I dont know how you've reached the conclusion of Ammonia Nitrate having armor stripping properties, if this is a thing IRL, then i doubt its a thing unless coded otherwise, dont expect all the things you expect from reality to be in this game. That's just not how a game works

As for the shrapnel, i doubt that as most explosions you can see that seem like shrapnel does like nothing. Better off just seeing it yourself in adding 50 Iron and 10 ANFO/Cyclonite and just 60 ANFO/Cyclonite and see how it works, theres probably a difference when you try em, as for the shrapnel being innate, i dont think so, could just be glass shards being blown away and misinterpret that as shrapnel.

I dont really have time to test this shit out, I mean sure, Tobi could test it but I probably wont, I doubt this even works either way as you could have just seen a person with the CO rifle. If you want to prove it works just record it.

Edit: tested on tdome(credits to novacti), "Kryth's Wisdom" and "Songs Teachings" did none of the sort you said, former didnt make bullets to fire, latter didn't remove at least 10% of a queens armor.
    Last edited by Kryth; 06-10-2020 at 06:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humm, well in that case ive altered Kryths Wisdom and taken out the description for that glitch, Its still a good grenade without that but it woulda been cool if that was a constant effect

Ive also taken out Songs teachings, if it doesnt do what its suppose to or how i observed it then there is no point, that said i might turn it into a compressed rocket like you were saying, using the Nitra in that way, though i would be changing it to full HE... unless you have a better idea ill change it to that

But i wanna change it abit
    140 Octo
    40 Nitra

This way the falloff is 152 which should compress it more, granted its not max HE but its 4 off it which is acceptible in my eyes, plus this way it has 20 intensity for fire the radius would be abit of a problem and the duration is 8 ... which i dont know if thats seconds of 8 ticks which would be able 2 seconds (i think)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, you can make a cluster bomb by adding an explosive agent in several containers. Basically, if you will have 4 containers containing octo, it will create 4 separate explosions once bomb goes out.

Imo, very powerful against T1s and Xeno pushes.

Also, it seems like fire effects are also shared among explosions, although I am not sure if strength of fire is dependent on the amount of explosive agent per container (aka 60 octo container explosion will have a bigger fire radius than 30U octo container explosion).

Further testing is needed, but looks very promising.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimesAndPlaces View Post
    By the way, you can make a cluster bomb by adding an explosive agent in several containers. Basically, if you will have 4 containers containing octo, it will create 4 separate explosions once bomb goes out.

Also, it seems like fire effects are also shared among explosions, although I am not sure if strength of fire is dependent on the amount of explosive agent per container (aka 60 octo container explosion will have a bigger fire radius than 30U octo container explosion).

Cluster bombs? I doubt this works but I'll test it in the future to confirm it. Just to clarify, you mean if I use 3 small beakers(60u x 3) or 6 vials(30u*6) on a custom m15 it will blow up that many times? I doubt this but I wont say its not possible unless tested, just seems unlikely to be true as they don't or shouldn't act like that as when blown up, they are combined.

As for your theory of fire effects are shared among explosions? I don't understand and that is a quite vague, and from your example, octogen has no radius modifier but it does have intensity values so their radius will be on the minimum values set upon the casing. A Custom m15 has a minimum radius of 1, so if you make a purely octogen Grenade, then it will have a fire with a radius of 1 tile.

Remember, the values of the modifiers define the strength of the grenade, not how much Octogen you put in. In terms of explosive power(not including falloff), 60 Octogen = 80 Cyclonite = 120 ANFO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimesAndPlaces View Post

can confirm, it is false.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby