Ellie Cook
    Their BYOND Key
    Grimreaperx15
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    8 AM
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2. Investigate the situation
    Description of the incident
    At the start of that round the delta SL was arrested for breaking a window and insub by lying about wearing a helmet, as they were getting arrested the whole delta squad went apeshit about it and started a riot, and the CO had to BE one of them because they would not stop and then blamed command staff for their inability to control themselves, (one delta admited in dead chat that he tried all he could to sabotage the round) later as the marines evaced, the DS was not able to launch because PO was absent and t-comms was busted, so command had no way of telling if they needed to launch so a synth had to launch the alamo, after they got up the admins authroized a invalid mutiny, it being invalid because all that happens was not the fault of the command staff, and delta purposfully antagonized the round to cause a mutiny, Gripreaperx15 told me to report him if i was gonna make a staff report.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Give Gripreaperx15 a strike/warning for authorizing a invalid mutiny.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the XO. This is more or less accurate. I'm not personally going to take a stance on whether it was valid or not, or whether Grim should receive a penalty. But I do think that Delta was deliberately antagonising the entire round.

Delta SL was arrested for as said above. Another marine was marked for arrest for DASO for egging me (the aCO at the time) during briefing. Delta lost their shit to the point where an admin had to MOOC them to stop pre-deployment shenanigans, and Delta Engi got BE'd. After that Bill (seen in evidence link) spent all round encouraging his squad to not listen to command and generally self antagonising.

Someone (apparently Delta SL) told people that command had ordered the Alamo to not launch, which is a straight up lie. The PO didn't launch for an unknown reason, they might have been AFK, it's unclear. I didn't launch the shuttle because to the best of my knowledge we still had an active Alamo PO. The Synth called the shuttle from the ground and evac'd mostly successfully.

I ahelped after the fact to get the reason, and while the information given would certainly justify a mutiny, it was built almost entirely on half truths or outright lies.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mutiny request was ahelped including the required 5 people, and a reason. The reason provided was that Command had failed to send the Alamo to pick up Marines as the FOB was falling. I found this reason to be an acceptable cause for a mutiny.

Delta causing issues earlier in the round is a separate issue, and unrelated to a mutiny. I do not dispute that Delta caused a lot of issues, but I did not feel they were directly related to the mutiny request.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    A mutiny request was ahelped including the required 5 people, and a reason. The reason provided was that Command had failed to send the Alamo to pick up Marines as the FOB was falling. I found this reason to be an acceptable cause for a mutiny.

Delta causing issues earlier in the round is a separate issue, and unrelated to a mutiny. I do not dispute that Delta caused a lot of issues, but I did not feel they were directly related to the mutiny request.
    Read the post, it was not commands fault that the alamo didnt launch quick.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was perceived, in-character, as Command's fault. Mutinies are primarily an IC thing, and are not handled the same as OOC rules.

A perceived reason is valid, even if it is not entirely what happened, provided it is close enough to the truth. We do not perform in-depth investigations into mutiny requests.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

We got a staff officers to check every cameras of marines and tactical map for the groundside and you should know the issues down there. How come you weren't able to check it? That is your job with or without communication you must know the situation.

The mutiny is valid. Why? We've been waiting for 3-5 minutes (more than) groundside and holding against xenos and yet you didn't even notice it? The Sythetic should be the one to launch the alamo? Epic! AFK PO or CRYO isn't an acceptable reason at all. Do your job as officers. That is why we got DS console in CIC and staff officer console to check the camera for marines.

I'm the Delta SL and I would like to apologize if Delta went insane. I told them not to do anything against command or MPs. You can check the logs for my character. Haha. I stand down peacefully since my character quirk is following the way of a warrior. (Bushido principles)

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by belonex View Post
    Read the post, it was not commands fault that the alamo didnt launch quick.
    PO's incompetence whether he logged out or SSD'ed was always command's fault. Command will handle it and blamed for it whether you like or not. CO is aware of that. Based on experienced as well since I have CO whitelist for almost 2 years now. Also, if you are competent SO or command roles, you should be aware of the situation at all times whether there's Telecomms or not. I just hate the fact that Marcia the Synth launched it because you couldn't do it. That's not even her job. Command didn't even announced to evac, they announce when Alamo already launched that many marines was left behind (5-8 marines). That's the main reason why marines got mad and wants to mutiny against the Command.

And yeah, I did lead also the mutiny with Cheng.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way mutinies are considered invalid if they are part of round start shenanigans, during delta alert, or a poor LRP reason such as “RO didn’t give me attachies”

Blaming command for death of marines from a failed evac is considered a IC reason regardless if it was their fault or not.

We do not condemn a staff member acting in good faith and we do not fully disect the reasons for a mutiny as it is a in-character situation and our rules clearly dictate you have to have 5 people and a reason why which sounds reasonable.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 05-24-2020 at 02:24 AM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids