User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: forest2001 - Commander Application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty much guaranteed this application will be accepted due to you being an admin and also making an above average application, even if you haven't played anything in command other than CE at all.

I really urge you to get more practice, even after this gets accepted, as SO and XO.

Here's some realistic questions.

1. You have a full team of MPs on high pop. You have a bunch of round start shittery which the marines have no regard for OOCly in rules. The MPs are not responding to your calls and failing to make arrests for some unknown reason, what do you do? Perhaps investigate?

2. How do you deal with your marines, mainly delta, metarushing?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know how good your leadership abilities are as SL and SO i would like to see you as My XO once beofre i put a Plus 1
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    1. You have a full team of MPs on high pop. You have a bunch of round start shittery which the marines have no regard for OOCly in rules. The MPs are not responding to your calls and failing to make arrests for some unknown reason, what do you do? Perhaps investigate?
    I assume in this case that mass spawning active flashbangs wouldn't be a valid answer?
    I would go to the brig to see what the MPs are up to and why they're refusing to answer me via radio. I'd also probably pull the CMP aside for a word in their office as to the correct way to stop the marines behaving like children. (Hint - it's not ignoring them)
    I'd also probably make an ahelp as ideally I won't be using my powers while playing CO. Whether I'm actively running the operation or nicely tucked away in my office my attention needs to be firmly on the marines and not the chat spam of staffing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    2. How do you deal with your marines, mainly delta, metarushing?
    A complicated one as the staff definition of metarushing at the moment makes it so it's rather difficult to occur. Even so, considering the rules around it, as much as I would like to be able to control them it's rare they'll listen to the CO while ignoring the rules.
    I would probably make an announcement ordering them back to secure lines to wait for an actual advance as while a rush can be effective in combat it makes the defences weak. A successful xeno flank and we're fucked.

Apologies if my answers are a bit short or I've misread anything. I've been ill since yesterday.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice application ok +1
    Aden Cooper

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aight I'm not as much of a playtime stickler and this might be the highest effort app I have seen yet, so I am gonna give it a soft +1. But for the love of god start grinding CIC roles as much as you can (frankly you should have been doing that for at least a week before you posted the app). From the fact that you have the other WLs, and your Admin position, it's clear that you have spent enough time playing CM in general and I trust that you will know what you are doing, but at the end of the day it sometimes comes down to just name recognition. Again, my +1 for now, but if you want others you really need to get some more CIC under your belt and fast.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen Forest around, ((worst admin ofc.!!!)) but he do be playing that admiral+ role often enough and can definitely do RP and has a higher understanding of ML than a lot of people,

Give the man a chance +1
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are two things I care about when it comes to how I choose to rate applications positively. One, how they treat others. and two, how they roleplay to some extent.

I have no doubt from how I've interacted with you that you care for the community and how you care for the standard of roleplay on the server. You have personally pursued various different ideas for roleplay events which has been essential to really encouraging myself to try and develop lore and many others to doing roleplay. I do not see a problem from your character or have even seen an attitude from your personality, so I know fully you will not cause and unneeded CO reports.

I give a solid +1 and look forward to seeing you apart of our battlegroup and what the name and classification of your vessel will be.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. I've been holding off on this application for a bit since I've never had the privilege of seeing you in command myself. But, my colleagues in the council and a lot of the community are vouching in your favor as they have seen you in command and think you do pretty well.
    Your app and answers are good, too, and many here believe you'll do a good job with being professional, which is a good sign.

The community's saying you need to play more command, which is the only problem I have. So, do us a favor and play more of it. Show us you're capable.

+1 from me!
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading through the application and the questions given to you i heavily debated based on not seeing you in a command role and ect
    but i believe in you due to you being an exceptional RP player and the answers you provided so here is your +1 Glory to the USCMC!
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resolved, Application accepted. I don't doubt you'll put the feedback you received on this app to good use. Your Files will be updated shortly, and a document detailing your new posting will be delivered to you within a week. On top of that, we'll be holding the next promotion ceremony within this week as well at Chinook Station, I look forward to seeing you there.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler: