User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarification on Department Heads not deploying and HIDDEN RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clarification on Department Heads not deploying and HIDDEN RULES

I've been told apparently the CE/CMO can NEVER deploy. It is written in ML that the CMP can never deploy off the ship, but nothing in SOP or ML as of this post says CE/CMO can not deploy.

There are certain scenarios where I feel its valid for them deploy, such as secured groundside surgery with a full medbay staff for CMO, or a lack of/ dead engineer so CE deploys to secure FOB.

That said, my main gripe is that this is apparently a HIDDEN RULE that you can't find in the current SOP or ML. Regardless of debate over whether there are valid scenarios for the CO to authorize the CE/CMO to deploy, if this is a rule that players are to follow, it should be written out where players can read it and should be made obvious to them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alright. I'll explain. Rule clarifications is a set of rules non-written and decided by Management to Balance the game in varied set of aspects, is a guideline for staff for unwritten rules to prevent violation of the main rule set: "Bald CE joining, grabbing a shotgun and going to the frontline, wasting a job slot."

And yes. Head of Departaments should not be deploying, they are a shipside role and must remain as it, that was a decision made by Moderation Manager ThesoldierLLJK.
    Last edited by Hunk1; 05-24-2020 at 12:38 AM.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can that be added to SOP then so its actually clear, until there can be debate/rules on when a CE/CMO can deploy to planet?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the main issue,

I can't add it to the rules on the wiki, and it's not my job to do a rule clarification thread for 2020, moreover it's not my job to announce it on discord as well.

Head Manager or Host can only do it, and they do not want to make rule clarifications in a public discord as it leads to debates and rule lawyering.
    However if a HoP isn't aware of it, staff will only tell someone to go back to the ship and not ban them
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you weren't noted for this, and this ruling is for the better.

Department heads should stay shipside

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see the problem with it so long as staff aren't punishing players for things they couldn't possibly have known. No harm, no foul and all.

I disagree that it should be put into stone in a rule clarification though. This is because I think that there are situations where discretion might be needed so that a head role could deploy and if there were a rule clarification then that would mean the only possible way they could deploy would be for an admin+ to rule 0 it. I'd trust most moderators+ to be able to discern when the role is being wasted by front lining and the, albeit rare but possible, situations where it's pertinent to have as many hands as possible aiding the fight, such as the CE deploying to help build last ditch fortifications for the nuke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a big difference between the CE/CMO grabbing a shotgun and going down to get eaten by aliens on the frontlines and the CE/CMO going to down to help oversee FOB construction/run a field hospital, and putting out a blanket "you're not allowed to deploy ever" ruling is bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the CE and CMO are extremely valuable being both department heads, the CMO should be controlling the medbay and CE should be organising the OT's. they are targets and if capped/killed/other then it's a waste.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not currently a blanket ban.

The heads of department all have priority jobs on the ship. There are no reasons they need to deploy in usual circumstances, and in those cases their subordinates should be sent instead.
    The only exceptions to this typically are the protection of the Nuke, and in cases where most, or all of the engineering personnel (both Squad Engineers and Ordnance Technicians) are deceased or otherwise incapacitated and so the CE is needed.

There are cases where the CE may have to deploy therefore, but the rest of the heads of department do not typically have a purpose in the AO.

First cases worst you'll get is a warning.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the part where I play the bad guy and say "If YoU WaNt To DePloY Go PLaY MaRiNe RoLeS"

Heads are shipside roles, and the previous two posts are examples why they don't need to deploy. Think you have a valid reason to have a department on the planet, send one of the subordinates. In fact I believe the developers are looking to add more frontline support roles in the future.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids