User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Furbnus - Commander Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    Based on my experience on Solaris round where you playing as Executive under Captain Nathon.

You frequently ignored your Squad Leaders and their analysis of the situation on the ground. You also ignored your SO. The result was you ordering an offensive for far longer than it was sustainable, and failing to organise an evacuation, leading to a total planetside wipe. Don't just rely everything to the CO. You're rife with indecision. Referring back to the excessively prolonged offensive, you got caught up in an argument about what actually to do, rather than committing to any serious action. You did not communicate with your squads. Had you done so, you would have noticed that Bravo or even other squad reported a breach every area of the FOB, but you didn't. Even if you did notice the breach, you did not retract the order and organise an evacuation as you should have done so. You rely again everything to the CO. You seemed to have a lack of understanding in the basics of overwatch itself and even then, you freaked a little bit when you weren’t able to understand what was wrong and to me, this could present a problem in itself as a CO later on.

Tbh, I politely suggest gaining more experience first, as your understanding of the actions that the marine mass and the community, in general, will take under different situations seems very lacking. Your leadership and communication also seem to be slightly sub-standard, you should talk to your squad more when you are overwatching, and provide them with more valuable intel, such as where the other squads have reported the enemies to be and taking the initiative to issue flanks and other orders.

Therefore, I don't think you are personally ready for CO. I believe you need a little more time in Command positions to really show whether or not you have the stuff. I've observed a couple rounds with you as XO now and I have not been impressed, no hard feelings.

-1, we don't need more COs who all the marines hate as soon as they walk out of cryo.
    as he said I was cap this round. Personally I'll maintain my +1 vote but you should definitely try to get a sense of leading by yourself. I was originally going to let you draft the plan but you were busy with req and stuff. I'll respect Cha's opinion even if personally I think you're an alright XO
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    Based on my experience on Solaris round where you playing as Executive under Captain Nathon.

You frequently ignored your Squad Leaders and their analysis of the situation on the ground. You also ignored your SO. The result was you ordering an offensive for far longer than it was sustainable, and failing to organise an evacuation, leading to a total planetside wipe. Don't just rely everything to the CO. You're rife with indecision. Referring back to the excessively prolonged offensive, you got caught up in an argument about what actually to do, rather than committing to any serious action. You did not communicate with your squads. Had you done so, you would have noticed that Bravo or even other squad reported a breach every area of the FOB, but you didn't. Even if you did notice the breach, you did not retract the order and organise an evacuation as you should have done so. You rely again everything to the CO. You seemed to have a lack of understanding in the basics of overwatch itself and even then, you freaked a little bit when you weren’t able to understand what was wrong and to me, this could present a problem in itself as a CO later on.

Tbh, I politely suggest gaining more experience first, as your understanding of the actions that the marine mass and the community, in general, will take under different situations seems very lacking. Your leadership and communication also seem to be slightly sub-standard, you should talk to your squad more when you are overwatching, and provide them with more valuable intel, such as where the other squads have reported the enemies to be and taking the initiative to issue flanks and other orders.

Therefore, I don't think you are personally ready for CO. I believe you need a little more time in Command positions to really show whether or not you have the stuff. I've observed a couple rounds with you as XO now and I have not been impressed, no hard feelings.

-1, need to maintain our Highest Standard on this WL like before. Also, we don't need more COs who all the marines hate as soon as they walk out of cryo. Sorry not sorry.
    I would like to refute a few of the points you make, as this round is fresh in my memory.

1. I do not think I ignored my squad leaders or SOs at all. Communications mishaps occurred due to comms not being loaded initially, to which I personally assured were handled, in addition there were times at which an SO asked me for input and I provided after asking them for a sitrep. The planet was not entirely wiped, a total of 72 marines made it shipside, and the CO and I were in the midst of planning a Carson when it was hijacked.

2. I knew the moment there were hostiles reported in the LZ, all I did was ask for confirmation to better understand the situation. Several fallback orders were given throughout the operation, initially to retreat from filt to bar and then from bar to LZ when it was clear that would fall. As soon as I realized the FOB was breached I began organizing an evacuation, the biggest delay being a bald PO who chose to leave the marines behind.

3. I did not freak out when I did not understand something, the only time I "freaked out" was when the PO decided not to optimize flight paths during evac, all of which was entirely in character and could be best described as frustration rather than panic.

The above points make me believe that you were very misinformed of the situation in CIC, and your ending statement "Also, we don't need more COs who all the marines hate as soon as they walk out of cryo. Sorry not sorry." lead me to think that your -1 was given primarily out of dislike for me.

However, I will agree with this. I should have taken much more charge of the operation, although I will argue that much of my time was spent helping req and handling the comms situation.
    Last edited by Furbnus; 05-26-2020 at 04:34 AM.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never seen you play as MP or CMP. Being a good XO is only half the step to captain. If you don't know the law, it will destroy you. It is a wild beast and you must tame it. I will open this cage and see how you act.

1. Give me three situations in which you can authorize lethal force as the commanding officer.

2. A marine kills Jones and gets arrested for murder. What do you do?

3. The CMP attempts to arrest the XO in CIC for Assault with a deadly weapon because the XO pulled out his VP and said "Stink CMP, you better leave now, before I make you" when the CMP came into CIC. What do you do?

If you want more context, I can give it.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    I have never seen you play as MP or CMP. Being a good XO is only half the step to captain. If you don't know the law, it will destroy you. It is a wild beast and you must tame it. I will open this cage and see how you act.

1. Give me three situations in which you can authorize lethal force as the commanding officer.

2. A marine kills Jones and gets arrested for murder. What do you do?

3. The CMP attempts to arrest the XO in CIC for Assault with a deadly weapon because the XO pulled out his VP and said "Stink CMP, you better leave now, before I make you" when the CMP came into CIC. What do you do?

If you want more context, I can give it.
    I've played MP a few times but I don't really enjoy it. I've been doing it more as of late to get a feel for it but it simply isn't fun enough to do regularly.

1. The CO may authorize lethal force in the event of a mutiny, the suspect is resistant to non-lethal weapons (i.e., rogue synths), or if the suspect has already used lethal force against MPs.

2. Marine law is clear that Jones has the same rights as any other marine, murder is murder.

3. As the XO is threatening the CMP with his gun drawn but has made no attempts to kill him, this is Assault with a Deadly Weapon under Marine Law. If the XO wants the CMP to leave he could simply order him, without drawing a gun. In this situation I will assume the XO was being a shitter and the CMP was simply threatened because the XO doesn't like MPs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbnus View Post
    I've played MP a few times but I don't really enjoy it. I've been doing it more as of late to get a feel for it but it simply isn't fun enough to do regularly.

1. The CO may authorize lethal force in the event of a mutiny, the suspect is resistant to non-lethal weapons (i.e., rogue synths), or if the suspect has already used lethal force against MPs.

2. Marine law is clear that Jones has the same rights as any other marine, murder is murder.

3. As the XO is threatening the CMP with his gun drawn but has made no attempts to kill him, this is Assault with a Deadly Weapon under Marine Law. If the XO wants the CMP to leave he could simply order him, without drawing a gun. In this situation I will assume the XO was being a shitter and the CMP was simply threatened because the XO doesn't like MPs.
    You did good with 2 and 3, but for 1, I want actual situations that could occur.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    You did good with 2 and 3, but for 1, I want actual situations that could occur.
    Alright, I'll just expand off of what I wrote if that's alright.

A. The marines assemble a mutiny and are gathering outside of CIC, I deny their demands of surrender as CIC and MPs have gathered with me. They threaten to blow the blast doors open and I tell them that if they do we will open fire, as I do I authorize the MPs and other command members to shoot to kill if any marines step through.

B. The survivor synth has chosen to align himself with the CL, who has received orders from the company to eliminate a survivor who has said they will expose them for everything that happened on the colony. The CL orders the Synth to ensure nobody enters his office while he murders the Colonist and the Synth complies, refusing entry to several MPs who hear the gunshots. I authorize the synth to be taken down so engineers can bust the wall down and MPs can get the CL.

C. A marine is drunk and an MP asks to search him to confiscate the alcohol, as he waits the marine pulls his gun and kills the MP. As the marine has already killed one MP and is still armed, I authorize lethal force to be used when he is found.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems perfect to me. I'll toss you a +1
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very fine app, and a very fine player. +1

You'll receive your perms soon barring any dissent from the head of the council.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enyongg and Cheng bring up good points, but I do not think you should be judged based on one round. You are generally good at commanding and from what I've seen at roleplaying as well.

Council already made their decision it seems but I will +1 for the record.

Good luck!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted.