User Tag List

View Poll Results: Shoukd EORG be allowed?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 29.17%
  • No

14 58.33%
  • Don't care

3 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should End of Round Grief be allowed?

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the tgmc thing is cool we should port that over
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Just wait a few mins and you can start pew pew again next round

What is the primal urge to shoot everything in sight suddenly
    i feel like being petty, so im gonna say no chief

after round ends, assuming no huge tickets or event mopup or anything of the sort, you could say five minutes to end the round, okay

then like three minutes for the next match to start, okay

spawning in, cryo crawl to mess, then getting geared up with the basic shit, 2 minutes, okay

assuming you have a simple loadout that doesnt make you gather shit from all over the ship, let's say 7 minutes total, okay

4 minutes for total briefing assuming the CO isn't a total spastic or command doesnt have to play magic chairs to find an aCO to do briefing, okay

5 minutes for alamo to deploy to the ground assuming shenanagains don't happen, okay

10 minutes to properly get into combat with more than a stray runner, okay

at a conservative estimate, closer to thirty five ish minutes after the round ends, not five

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing about the end of the round is that sometimes it's not really the end. Sometimes the round will mechanically end because all the xenos are dead, but there might still be an event going on. If a server of 100+ people suddenly decide to start shooting each other up, the event can be completely ruined and it could take a long time to revive everyone and bring a total stop to the TDM that is initiated. It's easier to make people act like the rules are still in place even after the endround text is triggered than it is to revive 25+ marines and spam MOOC telling people to please stop killing each other.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    i feel like being petty, so im gonna say no chief

after round ends, assuming no huge tickets or event mopup or anything of the sort, you could say five minutes to end the round, okay

then like three minutes for the next match to start, okay

spawning in, cryo crawl to mess, then getting geared up with the basic shit, 2 minutes, okay

assuming you have a simple loadout that doesnt make you gather shit from all over the ship, let's say 7 minutes total, okay

4 minutes for total briefing assuming the CO isn't a total spastic or command doesnt have to play magic chairs to find an aCO to do briefing, okay

5 minutes for alamo to deploy to the ground assuming shenanagains don't happen, okay

10 minutes to properly get into combat with more than a stray runner, okay

at a conservative estimate, closer to thirty five ish minutes after the round ends, not five
    wait, people dont have macros to spawn themselves gear or tp to the hive?
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even aside from the purely RP aspect of you’re a marine why the hell would you shoot your fellow marines, there’s plenty of reasons as to why EORG is annoying and unproductive, especially for people who are not, and don’t want to be, involved in it. Maybe someone is trying to spend that time looking through the IC commands or object commands to write a macro, something they don’t have time for during a round, and can’t do when dead or ghosted. Maybe they’re just sitting back after a stressful round, trying to get some RP on, and just want to luxuriate in victory, only for it to be ruined when some asshat grinder murders them for no fucking reason. End of round is also a time people use for stress-free practice of game mechanics like medic, doctor, and engineering skills. That gets derailed pretty fast if some idiot runs by and PB’s your patient, your, or whatever the hell you were fixing.

EORG is, in essence, purposefully pissing off someone else to satisfy your own impatience and lack of self-control. Read: you’re affecting someone else’s game experience to satisfy your own selfish needs. If you really need to blow something up after winning a round (because how else the fuck are you still alive?) then play a mobile game for the 5 minutes you’re waiting for the round to end, and the same thing for if you can’t handle the three minutes of starting screen and the first 20 minutes of mission prep. If you can’t handle waiting less time than it takes to read this absurdly long response of mine, then you have the patience of a five-year-old and need counseling or a life-skills class. Now get the hell off my lawn you little shits, this thread has made me feel too old for this.

Oh. Also, what Corocan said. Mechanical round end doesn’t mean round end. Seriously, everyone loves your murder-suicide antics when there’s a deathsquad aboard.

I’m not angry, I just rant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No,

The round and roleplay doesn't end simply due to the end-game "win screen".
    There is still on-going Roleplay, tickets, issues and potentially an admin wants to extend the round for various reasons.

All of this would be destroyed by a few individuals who want to mass murder everything.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah like I said I'm not entertaining this.
    Suggest the deathmatch thunderdome thing in a gitlab, but we anit yeeting EORG
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids