Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LynuahSororitas - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    LynuahSororitas

Player Name You Use Most?
    Elzbieta ''Mist'' Brygida | Audrey ''Spyke'' Morrison

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Nope.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    A extreme way to fix major marine conducts against the operation when it cant be fixed by normal procedures in the moment. I would like to answer the last question first: BE is a dirty, fast, emergential and last resort way to end conflicts in critical moments and should be only used in the worst of cases; Such as being far from the LZ in Trijent Dam, in a last stand against the entire hive, suddenly a marine decides to go rogue and shoot at his fellow marines, there is no way to call MPs as he would kill a bunch of marines if they even arrived, there is also no way to discuss the matter with him as he is shooting other people. The only way to fix that with less damage is neutralizing him before he can do any more damage.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    At least one department is insubordinate every round, it is not their fault in most of cases, but in fact the lack of a proper Commander that isnt just a copy-paste announcement machine and deploys just after it. I would like to coordinate and oversee every department before even thinking on deployement or locking myself on CIC, majority of the cases can be fixed with just a bit of talk that most proud Commanders refuse to have with their subordinates. I also want to recognize every effort even in the minimal way possible, from my experience, most Commanders tend to recognize popular people, high rank roles or ''Hurr durr I killed a Ravager that was already injured, give me a medal'', this is no way to boost the morale of the corps from my own experience, everyone in the ship haves a vital role and for a PFC to keep pushing like a idiot there is a medic to keep him alive, a CT who dropped ammo for him to continue fighting. For a IO to get all intel, the chances of someone having to guard him for the entire damn round is high. Unlike the common Commanders, I wish to see what they choose not to see, the entireness of the Corps.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    In theory, Commander is about spicing up the round and making it more interesting but in most of cases Commanders tend to think in their pleasure above all else, from my own experience, it isnt any fun to have a CO that just make the exact same thing every round or instantly drop and die groundside leaving another problem to the marines. I believe that as a Commander you are there for the marines not the other way around. I like to think you are something like one in-game moderator, you are there to help and make the best of the game not to use your power for your own benefit. Do not get me wrong, there is awesome Commanders around but some manage to ruin the game in some aspects.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    As I said above, I wish to try something different, try new strategies and strats, CM is getting boring and I want to change this. Let me take Big Red as example: If you have the average CM CO, he will just order everyone to hold Bar then go inside ETA or Research with Bravo in FOB then he drops for ''overseeing the situation'' and go unga PFC mode. Shouting shit in announcements and telling people what to do isnt a way to promote leadership at all and I know that right. I want to communicate with my soldiers and make them understand why they are doing that objective and how important it is to the operation and not just throw a meta-chart way of winning in the tablet.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I pretty much covered everything above but in short words, I want to change CM from a repetitive turn based TDM shitfest for a better experience to everyone and not only me, I believe there is no better role than CO to change this. SL is my role with highest hours in CM, I also played tons of SO and XO, not as much as SL. I do think I am prepared for this role with my experience inside and beyond CIC.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...HaeBppEYI/edit

Not quite the story but I tried doing something not that boring and with a bit of comic relief, hope it is enough.

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had you as my Executive Officer only once before during the many campaigns that I have led in the Tychon's Rift and the Herculis sector. While I have seen you before as a XO and SL, I believe that I have not seen all of you yet as you disconnected for a long time. I recommend you grind more XO, SL and SO so I and other COs can see more of you in-game. I have no problems with you in-game and I have not heard anything negative about you either. The only problem being your connection issues, so I recommend you playing during lowpop or medpop.

As for the application's answers, the only problem was you didn't go in-depth about the difference between a Battlefield Execution and a Regular Execution. I do like your answers about what is the job of a Commander and how you will deal with insubordination, should it come to the horizon of your vessel. Diplomacy and talk is always a good approach to stop marines being insubordinate.

I will be asking you some questions before jumping to a verdict. I will be taking a time to listen to community review and other CO's opinion about you before that as I have not seen all of you yet.

1) In which situations do you believe that pardoning someone is reasonable?

2) You wake up from cryo stations at around 12:10 and hear out that the Delta SL is in custody in the Brig. Delta is rowdy and preparing to take a move to begin a protest. What would you do in this situation?

3) You are giving out squad orders in Briefing and the battlefield plan, however you are interrupted by the Alpha SL, he strongly disagrees to your orders and outright insults you. What would you do in this situation? This one is a bit tricky.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Battlefield Execution is the last resort manner to rapidly neutralize a threat to the operation and the Corps, default execution is the normal punishment procedure for Capital Crimes such as Jailbreak and Sedition. Also, I am working to fix my connection ASAP, now for the questions.

First question: If a vital role for the operation made something bellow a Major Crime and cooperated with the MPs, I could pardon him, example: Delta SADAR Spec trespass Req to get his ammo in a hurry to go down and return to combat ASAP as his squad is in a critical battle in the moment, MPs are eager to lock him down for the maximum time they can afford. I would speak with them both about his crime and pardon him as he didnt made something that could harm the whole operation, a window can be fixed in seconds but the lives of marines cant.

Second question: First of all, I would ask for a sitrep from my officers to completly understand the situation as a whole, then proceed to talk with the MPs and Delta lead before taking any actions or being promptly agressive as situations like that can quickly develop into a mutiny if a CO makes a wrong move. If Delta SL commited a Major Crime beyond anything I could pard, he would stay on brig during the time of his crimes and I would explain everything to his squad so they dont take any wrong ideas, naming a trustful aSL in his place that could handle the squad while the SL is on brig as well.

Third question: A marine can disagree about my plans but they have no right to not follow it and insult me, if he kept disagreeing with my orders (Even after deployment) and utterly harming the operation and his fellow marines, I would call the MPs to arrest him for insubordination and disordely conduct and get him replaced by a exemplar leader inside his squad.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So,

I’ve had you under my command as XO/SL/SO quite a few times, and I agree, that in those times when you were just starting out you could be a little hotheaded if things didn’t go to plan, which is understandable, but not good behavior for a CO. In my own opinion, you doesn't seem to understand the military chain of command, and constantly goes against command's orders whenever I play with you, calling command dumb or retarded. Remember when you disrespected me as CO? To the point we were trashtalking each other? You were Delta SL for sure. I won't forget that round that instead blaming the XO, you blamed me. Delta squad realized it too late that it was XO's fault since staff told them in discord after the round that I wasn't the one fucking up the Operation. They apologize even those who are involved. That's it.

I really don't have specific issues with your ability to understand and play competently, but I don't like regard to your attitude and your mentality. Your approach to the game as something to be won rather than played makes me hesitant to condone you controlling the marine force. And also, I didn't forget that you SSD for some reason and didn't even asked permission at least or told me that you'll be gone for that round. I looked at Staff-help on discord, but nothing, no reason at all.

Also, I don't usually based how good or bad the answers on this app, I based how you play as Command in game. So if it's negative, then I don't see anything or something on you to deserve the CO whitelist. Sorry, just being real. After all, final verdict is not on me.

Last edited by Enyonggg; 05-27-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't give neutral so imma go for -1.

Been observing you alot because I know you are going to apply for a Captain whitelist soon.

I believe you aren't ready as Cha mentioned, you are blaming Command as Delta SL. In my own thoughts, if you blame command then you will blame marines in the future once you are a Captain. And your behaviour is one of my top concern here.

Do your best, I can change my vote anytime. good luck!

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Viktor said above, I was in a SSD spree due some connection problems I am having recently, I cant tell nor predict when I am disconnecting but I am already fixing that. Judging one person by one round is not a way to tell if someone is good or not, not only me but the entireness of my squad and the Corps were upset after the operation, Command did bad and as a CO you were responsible for your subordinates, that includes the XO, he shouldnt have entered as one by his first round as CIC first of all, and you should have teached him the way. You cant use a round that I blamed the failure of the operation on you as a criteria to judge my leadership skills, it is disproportional and utterly unfair. You are basicaly saying that I am not capable of commanding because I said you did bad in-game. Sergeants are not officers and we can and should critizice Command if they fail with the operation resulting in plenty of deaths, this is an IC issue. Or do you imply all the Leaders have to see half their squad die due CIC orders and stay silent? Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't wish to be that guy but for the Question about how you would run your ship doesn't feel up to par in my eyes, as you do not go into detail regarding what you would do about insubordination, regarding the separate departments, and instead go on a tirade about medals.

Your BE answer to Kleiner I believe is still lacking as you still fail to mention how the BE falls solely onto you, you're the judge jury and executioner in this scenario and you will be punished for it if used incorrectly.

1) as for your answers to the rest of Viktor's questions, Trespassing is not a Major crime, MP's cannot choose the time anymore that is done via JAS and you then mention that he broke a singular window that is Damage to government property as opposed to Trespass, and again a single broken window isn't a major crime, breaking multiple is.

2) You can pardon anything barring Capital crimes, do also note that if the Delta SL commits another crime after being pardon'd you are eligible to be arrested yourself

3) SL's are OOC'ly bound to follow commands orders and can be ahelped for not following your orders, also it wouldn't be disorderly conduct and instead disrespecting a superior officer.

For now my vote for what its worth is a -1 however that can be changed

I do strongly recommend you play some MP/CMP when you can and I'm not attempting to nitpick however as CO you will need to deal with ML cases as you have the final say in the law on the ship, and may need to deal with Pardons, Appeals, making sure that the MP's are following SOP/ML correctly and that they aren't antagonising marines needlessly
    Last edited by TyroneDadWhisperer; 05-30-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to -1 this since neutral votes are illegal (sadness). But I will tell you that you must play more MP. I always say this on CO applications and I'll say it on yours. Marine law is a hideous monster and a beast. You must tame it, or it will destroy you. I will ask you some questions in regards to marine law. You are the CO in these scenarios.

1. You wake up out of cryo at 12:25. There is no XO and the CE is in charge. You see an SO in the brig and upon investigation you found out that the CE ordered their arrest for sedition, because they were trying to give marines their own plans, instead of letting the CE do it, to the point where MPs had to drag the SO off the stage. What do you do? Let me know if you need more context.

2. You are the CO and an MP arrests Delta SL for killing Jones. What do you do?

3. What would you take into battle. The telebaton, or the ceremonial blade. And how would you use it?

Also play XO and MP moar.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To start off, I don’t trust you with this whitelist at all. You have a bad attitude both IC and OOCly to begin with but let’s look at some parts of your application first.

Spoiler Spoiler:

You listed a cookiecutter scenario of what 90 percent of BE’s are, dealing with LRP and/or griefers. Your tool, the BE is not always a last resort and shouldn’t always be used as a last resort. What do you do when it’s your only thing to deal with a situation? You’ll find this to be the case a lot when it’s not some dumbo LRP griefer shooting up other marines.

Spoiler Spoiler:

CO's tend to do this because popular people are usually popular for a reason, which is often being good at the game. Prioritizing high rank roles and popular people helps the round in a subtle way but I do understand what you are trying to get at otherwise.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

How do you exactly plan to spice up CM?

Overall, this is a low effort application, even for a CO application. You enforced the meme of "I'll play XO for one week then apply and play a bit more in case people say they don't see me in command much." Not to mention no one has really seen you in MP roles and knowing SOP, ML, etc is vital to playing CO since PVT McBalderson will ask for a pardon or appeal at some point.

Huge huge -1 from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people play the game well and isn’t necessarily popular, one godly RO who manages to get the best out of his role is hardly recognised instead the huge amount of Owowo Double shotgunner that keeps dying and overloading medics get it just by spamming macros, BE should always be a last resort and it is obvious that in case of griefer it should be used as I said, there is no other way to deal with them without causing less damage but BE, I covered that. The amount of whitelisted players that fail to play their role is immense, I know that by playing and talking with other players as well seeing complaints about other Commanders, I also checked Whitelists that got approved just by the player playing a bunch of SLs round without no considerable CIC rounds at all, not even gonna talk about MP rolling.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida