Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder Drone Strain

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pathfinder Drone Strain

This strain of drone loses its ability to create hive weeds or structures, and has a lower total plasma pool, but in exchange they get some armor, faster health/plasma regen, and claw damage.

They have four abilities designed to operate far from the hive; concentrated sight: a runner like binocular view with an increased range and peripheral view the fewer friendly xenos are around you. Infliltrate: a less powerful cloak than the lurker, but the drone moves faster and can enter vents faster while in. Hardy weed sac: on a long cooldown, plant a weed node on ANY non catwalk/weeded tile, slightly slower regen, moderately more health. Second wind: prepare yourself to face death by channeling the ability for 3 seconds, if you go into critical condition or take lethal damage during the next five seconds, you are instantly revived and given crit immunity and 50% damage resistance for 3 seconds, with a small speed boost, but the catch is you can only do it when either VERY far away from the hive core or on another z level, very long cooldown, very high plasma cost.

Let me know what you think for this build, a hardier drone with the ability to make forward bases and adapt to perilous situations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why not make this a runner/lurker strain if its gonna be based off scouting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds more like yeah what the above person said. not a drone strain.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if this gets implemented I'm coming back to playing xeno and yeah, it should be a runner/lurker strain

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically its Lurker/TF2 Dead Ringer Spy hybrid as T1 drone strain.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all for more drone strains, especially now that drones can legitimately participate in combat due to having ridiculous tackle chances, armor, decent health, and pheromones.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made it a drone type specifically for its ability to make forward operating nests and the like, and because i didnt want the pathfinder to be combat focused like runners and lurkers tend to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d say less claw damage then, if it’s supposed to still be a non-combatant. Make the stealth ability have a long cooldown similar to the node, and just let it give them very good invisibility and speed, including vastly increased drag speed at the cost of not being able to attack, so that it’s an escape or capture ability, not an offensive one. Make the FOH (forward operating hive?) node spread weeds very quickly, like full growth in 10 seconds or less. Then you have a drone meant to operate as a frontline weed replacer, with a secondary role of dragging captures away at high speed.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gitlab.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Gitlab.
    Don't be mean, idea shouldn't be left to be ignored, after fine tunning it might be alright.