I'm experienced with ss13 but have only been active on this server for a little over a month now, so the terms I use may be wrong. As I do in all ss13 forum stories, I will obscure identities, except myself.
I was stuck with Delta on Ice Colony and had to go on the front lines. It wasn't long before we had Tier 3 and 2 backed into a room with some form of laboratory equipment. Large, white circular vessels were scattered throughout the lab.
I decided it was the perfect time to try using a grenade for the first time, I pull the pin, run into the room, and end up not letting go soon enough. A blinding white steals away my senses.
I regain consciousness amidst silence. The white vats ended up being volatile and their accumulated explosive force took out a drone and two sentinels alongside my hearing.
Sharp pains bring the realization that viscera was all that remained of the right hand holding my frag. I pull an 88 with my left and limp out with shrapnel agonized moans. I could see a runner making his way across where I entered so I turn back and head out into the vine crusted hallways of the alien frontlines.
I head towards the first sounds of fighting and end up at the wrong end of a corridor with barricades opposite. A runner drops a few tiles away while I take stride directly into a hail of marine and machinegun fire.
First went the lungs, then heart, the eyes, then the brain, filled with friendly fire as I collapsed and was met with explosions from multiple types of grenades sending me smacking into walls, taking my arm with its already missing hand, ripping away both legs, deforming my face and body into burning rubble.
A sea of marines must have come and swept me away but I wouldnt have known. No forms came out of the blinding white, no sound, no sensations. The corporeal and ethereal were bound in tormentuous defiance. An eternity was broken with cold sensations, moments of endless pain broken with moments of analgesia descending back into agony.
A heartbeat beckons sight into the world, air fills my lungs again. I'm conscious on the surgery table. The operating surgeon informs me that he'd spent more than a half hour replacing most every organ with cybernetics. My newly robotic limbs contort and lead me back out onto DS1.
I reenter the battlefield one last time.
Marines were victorious in the end.