Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide on how to be CMP

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guide on how to be CMP

Hello there, Do you ever wonder who ate all the donuts? Did you find out who was the man behind the slaughter?
    Was there something more sinister than meet the eye? Let's find out on our CMP Guide and understand how to be a Redcap.
    Firstly. If you haven't already. read the wiki for the law and standard operating procedure so you have a general idea on what you are expected to be doing.
    but if that didn't help you, i am here to answer your question otherwise if you happen to have any.

Now. first off. MP and CMP are relatively easy and they go along with each other. you can often time play without reading the wiki and get a good understanding either way based on what the admin say after you thrown that delta down the trash compactor.

What is an MP!?!?
    The MP are here to prevent any roundstart shenanigan that may occur. or any thing after the roundstart shenanigan. you as the MP are here to make sure
    that our marine do not act like an absolute imbecile.

Who tf is CMP?
    The CMP is our best girl of all time the ChiMP. is capable of opening up red locker. which is very crucial if you are MP and plan to get down to kill some creature forwhatever reasson.
    You'll need permission from your CMP aswell.(If you are already the CMP skip that)
    As CMP. you guide your MP into not doing any really embarrassing feat. as it may lead to your dissapperance.
    YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO PLANETSIDE. Don't be a mei may

Arresting.
    Alway state your intent. while you don't have to state the crime until you arrest them. you do need to know they are going to be arrested for what. And you need to state it afterward after arresting them on why they arrested, typically there'll be objection. If you are the person to arrest them your case might be biased. But thats the point of being MP afterall.
    w

Roundstart shenanigan.
    Dangerous game of catch?
    Windhealer asking for a boxing match with the local CL?
    You are there to ensure the worst does not occur.

Your Skill set
    you are maxxed in policing skill. aka You can strip people twice as fast! :flushed: Which mean you can also get beaned twice as fast *wink
    Your cqc skill has been traded for Leadership. you are capable of giving out order slightly better than your average SL.

Riot and Mutiny.
    As the MP of the ship. your ship is typically given atleast 2 riot lockers. they are used to bring down the mutiny non-lethally.
    Although do beware. your beanbag slug may infact be mistaken for a normal slug and cause an unwanted escalation.
    Your teargas grenade launcher are used for crowd control and dispersion.
    Should a riot or mutiny occur. you are expected to put it down

SL calling the shuttle wtf man
    Should you enter a situation like this. for whatever reasson. i am to assure you that you are to ignore this situation unless its somehow actually a problem
    (Charlie SL marooned everyone on the planet to die to 50e+215566 alien)
    typically. in this situation you do not make an arrest as SL are allowed to use the console to call dropship. and move them. "Typically" as there are time where they are not allowed to do that(Shit happen i tell you). Consult your admin when in doubt.

someone is big insane what to do?
    Should your CMO or Synth(or you are both) declare that a person is insane. you are expected to contain them and ensure the madness does not spread.
    we do not want another delta on the ship.

Structural damage?
    Unless its in a key location on the ship you best ignore it.
    (seriously why do ares even snitch)

Ares is a cunt wtf?!
    while often time MP are referred to as the fun police. people tend to forget ARES is the real fun police.
    dictating what you may and may not do. (Wheres the freedom of expression when you need em hm??)

Survivor fax!?! omg.
    for one thing. the ship has plenty of fax machine so you aren't special. bring them to CIC anyway if you haven't.

MP rogue!?!?
    unless you are a CMP or CO you aren't able to order an arrest on MP.
    but if you are either. then let's go
    also uh you can arrest rogue MP by default anyway provided you have evidence for it. Also Ahelp it if this occur.

CO need a brain surgery.
    do you want to go to the morgue in a swift BE? Weep no wider.
    Firstly you need to ensure the Highcommand are aware of your intention to arrest the Senator. If approved. Bring out your anti riot gear.
    Storm the CIC. And the Tsar family is secured.

All my MP cryo what do.
    no worry ur just MP but better so do their job. should also probably ahelp if you need help.

I am in charge now?
    What happend that lead you to this situation indicate that the situation have developed unnessesary to the marine advantage.
    While you are by default given access to Command Chat just like all the other kid with their pumped up kick. Should you find yourself commanding the OP.
    IE the XO and CO are dead and SO clueless as ever. do not be concerned. just think as if you are commanding more mini MP and you are "Arresting" The Illegal Alien.

What are you in for?
    Have someone been falsely charged with no evidence to back them up and the MP in question is gone?
    Release them.

The redcap are silent?
    Your MP do not expect to be summoned. Don't cry that they aren't responding. Ahelp if its reoccuring.

Cleaning up the mess
    With all of the aforementioned thing done. You are also still in charge of making sure the MP haven't gone Full Charlie yet(honk). And therefore to ensure Our Arrest are done correctly. Sometime. you will recieve an appeal for the charge. typically you'll let them appeal and let them go. But unless you are a Pure Redcap You will not.
    Unaccounted for situation.
    should something that not even the wiki have covered. occur. you are expected to deal with them on your own, But if you believe you can't deal with it. Consult your local Admin(not mentor) Typically such situation may include any special admin event situation that is not covered by the marine law or IC,OOC Rules
    Last edited by Tails of Akira; 05-30-2020 at 04:15 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to follow marine law: the guide

but regardless, I cant say its factually wrong.
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the best guide to playing cmp is not playing cmp and instead playing pfc

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to play CMP:
    1. Spawn as CMP
    2. Get PBed by Jimminah Al-Tallegadi effendi
    3. Log off
    4. Get noted and jobbanned for being cringe )))

Also the guide is ok but if there are active mp players them not responding isnt acceptable. Investigate that shit before deciding what to do about it.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this guide is written perhap biased but it is from my expirience as CMP.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post
    the best guide to playing cmp is not playing cmp and instead playing pfc
    perhap

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post

Also the guide is ok but if there are active mp players them not responding isnt acceptable. Investigate that shit before deciding what to do about it.
    Seen.

Whitelisted Predator Coroneljones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Structural damage?
    Unless its in a key location on the ship you best ignore it.
    (seriously why do ares even snitch)

Wrong, Casual.
    Enforce Marine Law fully or go home. Thats the true MP way.
    I am Crornel Jrones, grorious admin of Coronial Mahreens. U ar arr nast Trorr and will be ding dong bannu. U critizize Xenos? Ding dong Bannu. U no rike grorious adminnu? Ding dong Bannu. U comrpain about Marine nerfs? Dingdong bannu. U comprain about grorrious adminnu? O yoo betta bereev dat's a bannu. It has come to my Grorrious attention dat nasty trorr has been imidatingu me on serveru, dis is a shamfrul dispray and unacceptaboo so dey ding dong bannu. End of Rine ----------Rine ends here.'

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    How to follow marine law: the guide

but regardless, I cant say its factually wrong.
    i ahelped a lot of the thing i listed to make sure what i did in those situation was right. and then post it here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please, if windowbreak isn't First degree murder in your book, then you ain't playing CMP right.
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020