User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MattAtlas - Developer Application (Coder)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Matt, I get to type up our official reply.

It is no secret I told you to put this app up because that means it could/would be discussed during the dev meeting.
    We did for the majority of our dev meeting discuss this. And reached a conclusion the entire team could get behind.
    We are against an exception because of the community liking you.
    We are adjusting the rules because of your situation though.
    The adjustment we are making is that if you have significant community contribution you can still apply while under 18 but above 16.
    We intentionally left it vague what significant community contribution means.
    This means that I will send you the coder test. (Via pm on discord.)

I do want it to be clear to anyone who wants to apply in the future under this rule that using it comes with a few caveats.
    We did not work all out details but this is a general list of what to expect.
    1. There will be a special Junior position will less access to server verbs.
    You would need another dev there for live testing. You will get full repo access.
    2. It is preferred you have held another role in the community for some time.
    (Moderator, council member etc)
    This is kept a bit vague because time spend as mod/council member does not make you a good dev.
    It is also not based upon time but upon attitude during this time.
    3. You will have another dev assigned who is there to teach and assist you.
    4. This is obvious but you should not have major issues within the community.

TerraGov Marines Headstaff LaKiller8's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt has been quick and eager to learn the ways of DM while contributing here, I am sure that with proper guidance he can do an amazing job in a short while.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Age is but a number. If a person has the knowledge and can do the job you need them to do, then they should get a chance to prove them selves.

On top that, MA has proven to be very mature and a good member of this community.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me be quite frank here.

We have a non formal policy that we do not send tests to people who make no chance.
    And that if you get send the test and pass it you should be in. (Except for changed circumstances.)

Because he has been send the test and is already being considered posting here to say you approve of matt does not add more value to this application.