0 Thread(s)

SomeOscar - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    SomeOsacr

Marine Name
    Albert Murphy

Other Whitelist Applications
    This is my first whitelist application .

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Jared

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes i am familiar with it .

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    I can take on xenos by myself when its a 1v1 scenario . I can also take on xenos with a squad of people .

Synthetic Character Story
    Jared is a first generation synthetic . He is trained to give first aid to injured marines and help build defenses for fobs. Jared is loyal to the USCM command and he'll follow any orders that are needed .

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    My synth is very friendly and he'll give treats ( cigarettes , candy or food ) . He is also very focused when he's working and doesnt ( does not ) like people bothering him and bullying him .

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    Yes i have spent time as a Squad Egineer .

How familiar are you with Command?
    Yes i have studied each command role .

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I know enough where I can revive someone , perform first aid and surgery .

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Yes i have a clear understanding of cargo .

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    You should choose me as synthetic because I can work and do whatever command wants me to do .

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No i have not been banned .

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No i have not been banned from the ss13 CM discord .

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I also have the ability to help POs load CAS and transport .

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gentleman, before making your own application, you should have looked at others. Applications require more effort and you should get more playtime in CM, I do not think I have seen you in game. Try to get a reputation of a good medic, engineer and other support roles. I'm going to say it, this app will not get accepted, you need to put in more effort. Don't be disappointed though! Grind them support roles, look at other apps and you can re-apply in 30 days.

I'm sure that, after you've done these, you will have way better chances of being accepted. Good luck in the future!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your story doesn't showcase your quirk and it really isn't long enough. Aim to write a story that is around 600-700 words long with a lot of dialogue so that we can see how your synth would behave with other marines

I also haven't seen you around much, so for now I'm going to have to give this a -1
    Walter Meldron - Human
    WAM - Xeno
    Frank - Synthetic

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For this application, I highly recommend you consult Synth applicants and council for advice on how to write a strong application if you decide to apply again.

There are a lot of things I must address regarding this application.

1. Your Combat Answer

It doesn't show understanding of the Synth Combat Guidelines, Synths should not be actively looking for combat whatsoever unless it is in reasonable defense of marines or your own being.

2. Your story

Your story is not any flavour text nor a light description, it must be a story to show that you have enough knowledge of the guidelines and of your own synthetic to prove that you have a workable quirk, and workable understanding of the guidelines in which we can accept you into the Whitelist w/o complications; ask the Council for advice when working on the story on the Discord, do not work on this alone unless you have absolute confidence.

3. Your support aptitude

I personally haven't seen you play any support recently, and very few Synth whitelistees have either; we cannot vouch for you reasonably to +1 you to accept simple answers like that. If you can, please get more active on those support roles to prove your ability should you continue to seek to become a Synth.

4. Your personality as a Synth

Your Synth's personality also poses some issues, ranging from the fact that it requires some material to use the quirk (candy, cigars, etc) which is a taboo within Synth personalities, and that it is fairly basic; try taking some time to think of some more thorough personalities or ideas; you can even use other media (games, books, whatever) as references to supplement your character.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said above.

Denied
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.