User Tag List

Thread: CorrJakobi - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CorrJakobi - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Corr Jakobi
    Character Name?
    Leonard "Null" Alder
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    None
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Superjo98
    Total Ban Duration
    Three Days (I think?)
    Remaining Duration
    2.3 Days
    What other servers do you play on?
    The Deadspace test server.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    No.
    Reason for Ban
    Grief. Called an OB that was practically on top of marines, resulting in a massive amount of FF. Left the game before I could PM them. - Superjo98
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Hello! Sorry to say I don't have any screenshots as I haven't had the need to take screen caps before on SS 13, that said I believe all the text logs should (hopefully?) be available.

Regarding situation itself, the round in question was on Prison Station, sometime around 6-7 PM E.S.T. I was the CAS PO for the majority of the operation. Throughout it all, I was dealing with connectivity issues and severe brainlag/game crashes/freezes about once every three to four minutes, but generally for CAS unless you miss a call, having lag is pretty tolerable, just pressing a couple key inputs from a chair after all. At some point in the operation, the primary CAS spotter, Lewin Ingram (ckey is MemeLauncher I think?) was capped and presumed KIA and CIC was looking for an OB. A couple minutes passed and a target still hadn't presented itself when Lewin woke up having been nested and requested to be allowed to give OB cords. They mathed out the target area of the Hive based off the mortar coordinates they gave right before being captured and began coordinating with mortar operators to confirm hive location. In the meantime I was still having issues lagging in and out and attempting to keep medevacs and CAS operational. Eventually Lewin and the mortar op called in cords for 102 -311 (may have been -303) and gave confirmation before requesting fire, which I passed onto Command Comms as I had been their liason during this venture. OB fired, Lewin confirmed good hits before (presumedly) dying to OB in Hive and then my game crashed hard. Considering the assumed good hits, as well as the game crash and some real life obligations I had to get to, I didn't log back in to confirm.

Lewin messaged me over Discord about half an hour later saying that they miscommunicated the cords, having meant to say 12 -311, but giving and confirming 102 -311, not realizing until after the fact and the reported large amounts of FF.

I understand as liaison to CIC regarding the cords given fault lies primarily with me, but wanted to set the record as straight as I could that it was by no means intentional griefing. Had I known there were bad hits or some other grievance had occurred I would have attempted to log back in to clear the air, but as it was, I crashed with the assumption of Hive being hit and had to get ready for work.

I apologize for the issues I caused as well as ruining the game experience for players that had no control over the matter. If its felt the ban needs to remain, I understand wholeheartedly, but again, wanted to open up discourse regarding what happened and clarifying it was a simple mistake that I then relayed, much to the detriment of the marines.

Thank you for your time and care in reading this appeal and in moderating and regulating the game experience. Have a good day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ckey :
    Meme Launcher

Character Name :
    Lewin Ingram

I would like to appeal for Leonard "Null" Alder because the OB, as he said in his appeal, was given the wrong coordinates because of me being an idiot and ctrl-c ctrl-v the original coords that I were given to math things out, which were directed about south corridor of LZ2 of prison instead of the coords mentionned above, which were tested with mortar along with fine tuning of offsets to know around which coords will hit near dead center of the hive core (situated at north of north high sec at the time,glory to explosions and resin roofing). Thus, the fault lies with me and not Leonard "Null" Alder, in particular since the delta SO was also listening to the jtac channel and the OT that was manning and helping me confirm if the target was underground (meaning it was around the hive because of resin roofing), so it would've been relayed one way or another. So if need be, I can take the remaining ban time instead of Leonard and apologize for this error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes for Corr Jakobi:

Warned for metagaming - stacked up dropship parts and ammo as to completely block all exits pre-hijack.
    by -- () on Tue, February 11th of 2020

Banned for 4320 minutes | Grief, called an OB that was practically on top of marines, resulting in a massive amount of FF. Left the game before I could PM them.
    by -- () on 2020-05-28 18:24:09

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Corr Jakobi,

Logs and Meme Launcher confirm your explanation, this is accepted and should be lifted in the next 30 minutes.
    If you still can't log in by then, feel free to drop a message in staffhelp on discord.

Resolved - Accepted

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mod didn’t do anything wrong per se it just looked like a griefer OB a bunch and logged off. But based on all this I will remove the actual note from your record
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids