Date of Incident
    May 29, 2020

Your Character Name?
    ERT Engineer Chris Joyce

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    GoliathTheDespoiler

Accused Character Name
    Rka' Ustribi (or something like that)

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    ~1:45 AM CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Predator Honor Code

Description of the incident:
    Saw a pred planetside as the Alamo left to return and fight the xeno crash and left me behind, so I only really had any fun fighting preds gameplay wise. Saw Goliath, PB'd him once or twice, he ran away. Okay, walk around the colony, see another pred, but before anything Goliath returns uncloaks on the same tick as he attacks me and knocks me down. Cool. Regardless, I get up from a clan sword stun as the synthetic drags me away, NOT in crit, and then I'm HPC'd. The burn damage received from this indeed does put me into crit. The synthetic gives me some meds/and or CPR, couldn't tell because I was crit and I (very briefly) leave crit, but stay unconscious as I get dragged off and clan sworded to death. Ouch.

This seems to be the only concrete HC break:
    "HPC & LPC - You can use the Light Plasma Caster and Heavy Plasma Caster on any worthy prey however they become unhuntable until they are back up and on their feet."

I was put into crit by the HPC, and even when I came out of it, I was dragged off while still unconscious regardless. Even if you wanted to be technical and say "on your feet" still means with the 50, 60 or however much burn the HPC applies, I never even got up.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs from the Solaris Ridge round; https://streamable.com/hmzk2j

AFAIK, this is also "allowed" for preds, but borders on cloakhitting.
    https://imgur.com/a/ZjGj8lj

How you would punish the accused:
    Appropriately. It's not usually up to me regardless, but Goliath breaks HC almost every time I see him, although it's usually something "minor" like LPC stunhits or something along those lines. It's just getting tiring at this point.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will pull logs.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Encounter between shepti and goliath, shepti's death log bolded:

Spoiler Spoiler:

HPC attack logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I couldn't find any ahelps about this nor any remarks being made about this incident in dchat.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The council is looking into this.

The issue that the council is looking into will be the issue of the HPC use.

The de-cloaking and then instantly attacking will not be the subject of any investigation as it is not a rule break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rka Us'tribi here, I'll give my perspective on the situation:

At the time that I performed the ambush, my first slash with the clansword has put Joyce into dark red, and the following HPC did seem to put them into crit. As far as I am aware, the HPC stuns me for the same duration as whichever victim I shoot, so once Joyce had failed to get up, I assumed I had paincritted them, and they were then valid for me to drag off to butcher and execute. The synth's actions were noted by me, but since the medical HUD had failed to change, I just assumed the chems were working too slow, and it wouldn't matter if I just finished them off.

I can also confirm I did attack very, very shortly after decloaking, but I made sure that I was decloaked before I did perform the attack, as well as initiated with a roar.

For additional context in what happened in the first encounter: I was cloaked and messing with marines, who were retreating to LZ1 after LZ2 was taken. I believe I had decloaked infront of Joyce, who was at about half health at the time, so I had no interest in hunting them, as noted by me saying 'Unworthy'. Following that, Joyce had offered to 'show me something', then deployed a sentry infront of me, and PB'd me. I'd question if that could be considered LRP or not, but I digress, it made them a valid target, I had to back off to heal, and then I attacked again to finish them off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and Goliath have talked it out in DMs. On his side, he had no problem with being accountable for the HPC putting me into crit and on my side, I put this report up a little hastily and (frankly) needlessly due some recent fatigue problems I've been having. I don't intend for Goliath's WL to be damaged, and a report was pretty overkill for the resolution I wanted. Anyway, I'd like to close this report and ask that no action is taken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShepTI View Post
    Me and Goliath have talked it out in DMs. On his side, he had no problem with being accountable for the HPC putting me into crit and on my side, I put this report up a little hastily and (frankly) needlessly due some recent fatigue problems I've been having. I don't intend for Goliath's WL to be damaged, and a report was pretty overkill for the resolution I wanted. Anyway, I'd like to close this report and ask that no action is taken.
    Can confirm this. And I do take responsibility that the HPC may have been a bit of a grey area. According to past situations, attacking someone who was pain-critted by a plasma caster IS a violation, and I was not aware of that pretense. And so I apologize.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The complainant and the defendant have both stated that they have mutually worked things out, and the defendant has recognized the violation of the HC to which he commited and has subsequently apologized.

I am going to close this report with the following:

I am glad to see two community members work out their differences with one another. This is exactly the type of relationship building we should be striving towards.

With that being said, I am letting Goliath off with a soft warning for his HPC use, meaning there will be no official documentation of the warning but this action will be referred to should any further issues arise.