Date of Incident
    May 29, 2020

Your Character Name?
    RS---B8

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown/not staff

Accused Character Name
    Julien Mao, Zayden 'Courier' Agg, Ethan 'Crusader' Weiss

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    11:30 EST~

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 5. No powergaming

Description of the incident:
    Observed the research team abuse a bug to spawn 100+ larva in containment, even though this is a known bug. If it was mid round would've lead to a free nuke but it was end round. Even if they didn't know it was a bug they should've realized that something this powerful of this magnitude should be wrong and verge on powergaming. The abuse of a bug to such a magnitude is not good.

Would need logs to find who orchestrated the mass production of larva though, since I only got proof of it happening but not the person behind it all exactly.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    Am not staff, am just reporting the incident

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I might as well come forward, this was all my own devicing, Zayden and Ethan had no clue this could, never mind would happen.

The procedure I use to spawn those larva is supposed to yield as many larva as there was monkey, in this specific case, 14. I had one incidence of this bug previously (Wednesday, I think), but since I ahelped with AcuteCircle due to a failure in my procedure, I thought that was a one-off glitch or an admin intervention.

By the time those monkeys were moved to containment, the ground battle was lost, the level 4 clearance chemical was found to be a bust, and I cryo'd dejected. I probably should've notified command, but considering how marines were trounced, that the XO saw the monkey (Though he probably couldn't know about being infected), and that the two other researcher were there, I didn't bother. The 14 monkey were a hail mary to get sufficient defcon to atleast unlock the cryo squad, but I could only watch half aghast, half hysterically as I finally noticed them shaking an awful lot more than they should have.

I put myself at the hand of the admin team judgement on this.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs will be pulled shortly.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Monkeys getting ODed with egg plasma:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp log:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by 50RemAndCounting; 05-30-2020 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Posted correct logs now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify, egg plasma making larva is not a bug, but an intended feature. But it is a bug if egg plasma made more than one larva per monkey. Egg plasma is not meant to make more than one larva per body, as it should simply disappear if the body is already infected.

If smoke clouds multiplying chems makes egg plasma bug out to make multiple larva per monkey, then no one have ever reported such a bug and this is the first time I have heard of it (heard of monkey duplication before but not a of a bug with egg plasma). So I wouldn't call this a known bug, and thus understand if Kameron couldn't have predicted that it would happen like the previous incident either. (as admins can make chems that create multiple larva)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually am an idiot and it was pigeon352, or something am not at my computer to get a proper lookup of the account name and I never look at. Anyway I did send an ahelp saying something about the bug or larva or something. Should’ve been a bit before I took a larva becuase why not and because it seemed they where just going to be all m15ed. Also was asking if I should report it or not in dchat and got nothing so went ahead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Actually am an idiot and it was pigeon352, or something am not at my computer to get a proper lookup of the account name and I never look at. Anyway I did send an ahelp saying something about the bug or larva or something. Should’ve been a bit before I took a larva becuase why not and because it seemed they where just going to be all m15ed. Also was asking if I should report it or not in dchat and got nothing so went ahead.
    Ah, fair enough.

I'll go look for it and update the logs soon, for the future please make sure you write your full exact ckey because we have quite a few pigeons flying around, pun intended.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realized I posted logs for the exact same thing but from the wrong day. Logs updated.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on what I've seen, I'm going to give Kameron Hunter a chance to make a confidental gitlab to report to say exactly what he did as it sounds like this was a discovered bug based on what Tobinerd said. However if I do not find out that a gitlab was made I will be issuing a punishment. You have 48 hours.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gitlab was made, no further action needed.
    admins you may yeet this into the archive when ready
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids