User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: having to pardon people in person

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

having to pardon people in person

is a cringe rule and a direct "fuck you" to commanders who like to deploy, is needlessly convoluted and the opposite of quality of life. Captain takes on responsibility for further crimes if they pardon which is the risk they take, "hur dur u actually have to come into the brig and use this annoying computer function" just makes life hard for everyone involved.

Also the brig timer automation is stupid too and taking the human element out of MPing, may as well just be a staff job at this point. Literally no one enjoys this rule, not unruly deltas, not MP mains, not captains. Atleast make it so the XO could perform the pardon on the CO's behalf if they are too busy, (its not like the game gives much for XO's to do)

I guarantee this will lead to an increase in brig bombings and murdered MPs as people get jailed away for 20 minutes for some trivial shit like stepping into CIC or breaking a window that takes 2 seconds to fix

Like if you agree
    Last edited by Dreven; 05-31-2020 at 02:46 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already blew up the north brig once, so yeah it's pretty shite

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The virgin walking all the way to the brig to push the Pardon button vs the chad ordering your marines to C4 the brig to break out the pardoned marine.

But seriously, it's just so fucked in general, not just pardons. Even if you stay in CIC it's such an unbeliveable detriment to you and the operation, honestly nothing quite pisses me off as when I'm taken out of my leadership position to deal with incompetent MPs or marines going out of their way to mess with them purely out of malicious intent. I'd rather the CMP have more jurdistiction over some select stuff here honestly, as if it isn't fucking horrible enough that literally every single marine player demands your constant attention over the most inane unimportant bullshit.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait is that how you pardon people nowadays?

i just tell MP's to let marines go politely and they do it, and if they don't, i just let marines deal with them

didn't know you actually had to use a computer to pardon people now

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    wait is that how you pardon people nowadays?

i just tell MP's to let marines go politely and they do it, and if they don't, i just let marines deal with them

didn't know you actually had to use a computer to pardon people now
    Yes with the new marine law and brig system you need to walk to brig and press a button that says PARDON
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah this seems like one of the most pointless additions which only serves to give the MPs even less to do and more to distract the CO with. Personally I have just told the CMP to let em out, and if I have time I will come do it formally later. It's such a small and weird addition that I wonder why it even exists.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pardon system should work much like the appeal system, you should be going to the brig, working out what the prisoner did, in what context, if hes likely to reoffend and if he's that valuable to the operation to risk.

Marine law was changed, as it always has, in response to abuse. Mass pardons, certain roles being unbriggable, COs executing prisoners illegally. Amendments has to be made to prevent these things.

I believe that the CMP should either be given more power, (its already a more difficult role than CO) or that the CO must follow a pardon checklist much like appeals, if they want to do radio pardons.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    The pardon system should work much like the appeal system, you should be going to the brig, working out what the prisoner did, in what context, if hes likely to reoffend and if he's that valuable to the operation to risk.

Marine law was changed, as it always has, in response to abuse. Mass pardons, certain roles being unbriggable, COs executing prisoners illegally. Amendments has to be made to prevent these things.

I believe that the CMP should either be given more power, (its already a more difficult role than CO) or that the CO must follow a pardon checklist much like appeals, if they want to do radio pardons.
    This is said well, for pardons that is. I don't know about more power for CMP. Pardons exist so you use them for the best of the operation, you should be able to pardon over radio if you can get at least some info like what did they do, how severe was it, did they comply with the MPs when they came to arrest them? Those things should exist, the current pardon system is pretty cringe.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some changes I just scratch my head and think: "How could no one predict what consequences will that action provide?"
    Pardon change is one of those. Seriously, this "I play the game only those required 20 hours a month" bullshit has to end. It was obvious that deployed CO has no chance to use some random console in Brig.

Seriously, if you plan to add some "feature" and you have no idea what undesired could come out of it, then simply send PM to me, or someone else saying: "I don't need your opinion on the feature itself, I only require what you think would happen if that would be added".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    This is said well, for pardons that is. I don't know about more power for CMP. Pardons exist so you use them for the best of the operation, you should be able to pardon over radio if you can get at least some info like what did they do, how severe was it, did they comply with the MPs when they came to arrest them? Those things should exist, the current pardon system is pretty cringe.
    Additional powers for CMP would simply be, allow the CO to authorise the CMP to handle pardons, if the CO is deployed or super busy. But also ensure that the CMP has additional steps like having the cmp to file paperwork to provost regarding the pardon, to ensure its not abused.

Going back on topic however, the pardon system got tightened up due to abuse. The same way roundstart shannigans got clamped down on, or automatically approved mutinies.

As with most nerfs, its always due a few (usually) power gamers or low roleplayers who abuse the privilege until staff and the dev team have to step in.

It sucks, I miss putting down riots at roundstart, and dealing with jailbreaks, however considering that at its peak. It would happen nearly every round, and derailed the round by becoming a bloodbath or resulting in a lot of arrests, it wasn't fair for the rest of the players who wanted a normal round.

Could we find a happy middle ground? Yes. However I think ultimately, if we wish to give COs additional powers, we should consider completely revamping CO whitelist so it's actually a standard of quality, rather than being a sign that you're not bald.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler: